PDA

View Full Version : update on police check

imagine
24th June 2013, 16:57
well it seems impossible to contact phil embassy london, as much as i try they don't answer the phone, just keeps ringing, wouldn't be so bad if was put in a queue, at least you know eventually someone will answer,
i only wanted to know which police clearances were acceptable ,

as i have 3 options,
1/ i undestand can get criminal record check from local police at £10, but i dont know if this is acceptable or will be detailed enough,

2/ basic disclosure scotland/ who have not replied to an email enquiry i sent,

3/ acro/apo, a little more needed to send than basic disclosure/ acro, asks for signed photo by a professional to say i am known to them, which if i get my doctor to do it, will cost me approx £25, plus cost to get my passport photos taken
acro replied to my email enquiry,promptly,with answers to some of my questions, but are unable to tell me if the certificate will be acceptable in philippines,
getting a prompt reply has made me think perhaps it is acro is the better one to deal with,because i feel assured now that if i have any problems they will advise,
so i am now in the process of filling in the application,but might be a couple of days before i get my photos done, then soon as i can get photo signature then to post

fred
24th June 2013, 23:52
Cant be sure because I cannot remember but I think this is the one I got because I do remember paying 10 Quid for it and I do remember them saying it takes 40 days to receive.
I remember that because it took a lot longer..3/4 months!! Hopefully you get yours sooner!

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Completely understand your frustration regards calling the embassy.. They are useless ......
Very annoying.

fred
24th June 2013, 23:56
https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q542.htm

imagine
25th June 2013, 00:05
Cant be sure because I cannot remember but I think this is the one I got because I do remember paying 10 Quid for it and I do remember them saying it takes 40 days to receive.
I remember that because it took a lot longer..3/4 months!! Hopefully you get yours sooner!

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Completely understand your frustration regards calling the embassy.. They are useless ......
Very annoying.

this one is the acro/ apco £45 standard request 10 days, this is the one im on to now,

imagine
25th June 2013, 00:07
https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q542.htm

this is a local police check, your link checks out what i was thinking that for £10 it isnt the same as a criminal record check , so not sure this would be accepted for 13a,
i was wondering wether to try this one just to see what i get back,
a friend did this one about 2 yrs ago for a visa related to thailand it was accepted there, but thats 2 years back, and 2 years back the requirements for phil was different too

grahamw48
25th June 2013, 01:04
If in doubt maybe best to find out which has the quickest turnaround time/most comprehensive.

I'm sure my full disclosure CRB only took about 2 or 3 weeks. Don't even consider cost.

Terpe
25th June 2013, 09:16
...I'm sure my full disclosure CRB only took about 2 or 3 weeks. Don't even consider cost.

I always thought that an individual (or self-employed) wasn't allowed, directly, to get a CRB check on themselves :Erm:

These days the CRB check is now called a DBS check. (Disclosure and Barring Service)
Anyway, as far as I know it's still not possible to do a criminal records check on yourself.

You can however run a check on yourself by applying for a ‘basic disclosure’ (showing details of UNSPENT convictions only) from Disclosure Scotland (http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/apply-online/)
(This applies to you at any UK address).

Now, do please be aware that the ACPO police certificate will also show SPENT convictions whereas that basic disclosure will not - it only shows unspent convictions under UK law.

grahamw48
25th June 2013, 09:58
At the time I had my full disclosure CRB I was actually classed as an employee Peter, so that would probably account for it. Although I'd been working for the same company off and on since 1977 in a self-employed capacity, from time to time I would go 'on the books' where it would benefit my status, as for instance when sponsoring settlement visas, or wishing to rent (this) property, which is about 300 yards down the road from my workplace. :smile:

The company were also happy to let me wander off abroad on endless 'sabbaticals', then to take up my work once more upon my return.

One of the reasons I stuck with them...flexibility. :biggrin:

imagine
25th June 2013, 10:10
I always thought that an individual (or self-employed) wasn't allowed, directly, to get a CRB check on themselves :Erm:

These days the CRB check is now called a DBS check. (Disclosure and Barring Service)
Anyway, as far as I know it's still not possible to do a criminal records check on yourself.

You can however run a check on yourself by applying for a ‘basic disclosure’ (showing details of UNSPENT convictions only) from Disclosure Scotland (http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/apply-online/)
(This applies to you at any UK address).

Now, do please be aware that the ACPO police certificate will also show SPENT convictions whereas that basic disclosure will not - it only shows unspent convictions under UK law.

maybe i should stick with the basic disclosure,had a couple of arrests in my teens,but no convictions,
and after all , paul used this one and last known he had handed in his application with it,so it must have been accepted for use with the 13a application,and was to go back for a hearing,
not seen any post on the outcome yet

imagine
15th July 2013, 17:48
got my basic disclosure back after about 15 days, clean as a whistle,

i hung onto it a while before doing anything else with it, thinking it will be an expensive waste to get notarized, should my house sale fall through,then i would have to start over again,
anyway everything is going good with the house so far, and is now at the stage of under offer,i spoke to the estate agent and also the buyer,
so i felt confident enough to get it notarized,
i went to the same solicitor who is selling my house, i asked what do i owe him for the fee,
he said we are selling your house,the least we can do is give you a signature for free:woohoo:
i phoned this morning got appointment this afternoon, all done :xxgrinning--00xx3:
back home and paid online for FCO authentification including postage total £36 which includes the £6 return courier postage,
filled in the application form that i printed off, enter the 8 digit payment no/ date and time etc
online payment requires you include a blank A4 envelope along with the application form and not forgetting the notarized basic disclosure,
it will be tomorrow afternoon before i get to the post office, where i will send it by recorded delivery, registered envelope does not exist anymore, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
15th July 2013, 18:31
Well done Stewart :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Glad to hear it's a clean one :xxparty-smiley-004:

I'm bookmarking all these key bits of info, so thanks a lot and keep them coming :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
15th July 2013, 18:41
Well done Stewart :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Glad to hear it's a clean one :xxparty-smiley-004:

I'm bookmarking all these key bits of info, so thanks a lot a keep them coming :xxgrinning--00xx3:

great , im trying to give as much detail as poss :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
15th July 2013, 18:44
Don't forget to scan the certificate and save on your PC Stewart. :smile:

imagine
15th July 2013, 18:51
Don't forget to scan the certificate and save on your PC Stewart. :smile:

nice one thanks, im on to right away :xxgrinning--00xx3:

edit ,,, all done and emailed to myself:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
15th July 2013, 19:01
I do it with all important docs (birth cert, driving licence, passport etc)....just in case. May save a lot of buggering about one day.
Also copy them to different hard drives. :smile:

imagine
15th July 2013, 19:36
just looking at philippine embassy legalization, sending documents by post,

it says to include a registered self addressed envelope,

registered envelopes don't exist anymore,according to my post office,

the post office only do recorded delivery, insured or without insurance, will this be ok ? for returning documents to me

imagine
18th July 2013, 22:38
my basic disclosure is on its way to me from FCO, they sent me email today and gave me fedex tracking link, its now at 21:06 Items Tracked Marston Gate Southern Hub,

depending on what time it arrives tomorrow, i will be straight down to the post office and send to phil embassy london, got my envelopes addressed my photo copy of passport data page and £18 postal order all ready,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i hope the phil embassy is as quick to return it to me, or at least before 16th august

imagine
19th July 2013, 14:09
i received my disclosure from FCO at lunch time today

i will enclose 1 photo copy of passport data page,1 self addressed special delivery A4 brown envelope(post office say registered envelopes no longer exist) 1 postal order for £18,made payable to the philippine embassy,and not forgetting the basic disclosure,
i will send in a polythene post office special delivery envelope,

now its friday today, the embassy is not open saturday, special delivery is next day delivery, so if i send today i assume there will be no one to sign for it on saturday, so i may wait until half hour before post office closes, or send saturday morning instead, as it will be sunday at delivery they will deliver monday instead

anyone know how long london embassy take to process and return the disclosure?

update its now posted to phil embassy london, will arrive to them on monday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

this is now the last part of any stress iv had in preparations,
god i pray i doesn't get lost

imagine
22nd July 2013, 17:39
tacking on royal mail shows phil embassy london have received my basic disclosure , this morning,

now i will be looking out for its return,

silly but i fear it getting lost , then have to start from scratch again,
il be happy once its in my hands:biggrin:

Terpe
22nd July 2013, 21:03
tacking on royal mail shows phil embassy london have received my basic disclosure , this morning,

now i will be looking out for its return,

silly but i fear it getting lost , then have to start from scratch again,
il be happy once its in my hands:biggrin:

Have faith and positivity Stewart. You'll need plenty from now on ...........and that'll make you happier than you can ever remember. :Jump:

imagine
22nd July 2013, 21:19
Have faith and positivity Stewart. You'll need plenty from now on ...........and that'll make you happier than you can ever remember. :Jump:

:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3: that will be its last leg of trips by post:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
24th July 2013, 13:34
my basic disclosure arrived back today ,from phil embassy london by special delivery today,

though i posted it to the embassy on friday it was after the last friday collection, the embassy received it on monday, i received back today Wednesday , very quick:xxgrinning--00xx3:

complete with red ribbon and gold seal:biggrin:

:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

Terpe
24th July 2013, 15:20
my basic disclosure arrived back today ,from phil embassy london by special delivery today,

though i posted it to the embassy on friday it was after the last friday collection, the embassy received it on monday, i received back today Wednesday , very quick:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

Good service and good news Stewart, your mind can rest on that one. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

complete with red ribbon and gold seal:biggrin:

Ah yes, the all important Red Ribbon and Gold Seal :wink:

:icon_lol:

cheekee
24th July 2013, 16:22
Hope everything is going well.

Just out of interest, do you have to declare spent convictions to obtain a 56 day visa ?

imagine
24th July 2013, 16:53

Just out of interest, do you have to declare spent convictions to obtain a 56 day visa ?

yeah thats the main part done now for me at this end anyway,

my police check is only because i will apply for a 13a residency there,
i dont think there is anything that says you need to declare spent convictions to obtain 56day visa:Erm: someone correct me if im wrong

Terpe
24th July 2013, 17:32

The updated news is that tourist visa free privilege for British Citizens will be increased from the current 21 days to a new stay of 30 days.
I think this is from 1 August 2013

The next level up is for a 59 day visa which needs to be paid for.
This can be secured upon arrival at the immigration office in the airport or can be secured beforehand from the Philippine Embassy in London.
Either by post or personal appearance.

Take a look here (http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/visaform2a_new.pdf) Cheekee for details of the visa application form.

Have a special look at question 16

cheekee
24th July 2013, 17:55
The updated news is that tourist visa free privilege for British Citizens will be increased from the current 21 days to a new stay of 30 days.
I think this is from 1 August 2013

The next level up is for a 59 day visa which needs to be paid for.
This can be secured upon arrival at the immigration office in the airport or can be secured beforehand from the Philippine Embassy in London.
Either by post or personal appearance.

Take a look here (http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/visaform2a_new.pdf) Cheekee for details of the visa application form.

Have a special look at question 16

Thank you Terpe.

Sadly I had a conviction when I was 18 for theft under section 1. I bought a second hand car from a so called friend and it had a stolen tax disc in it. I got stopped by the police and I didn't admit who the car belonged to so copped it.

Its considered spent now but Im worried about when it comes to the time I want to visit for 56 days. Will they refuse me over that ?. Should I admit it. Will they check ?

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Terpe
24th July 2013, 18:10
..... Will they refuse me over that ?. Should I admit it. Will they check ?

Sorry to hijack this thread.

I can't help you with answers to those questions Cheekee. Sorry.

It may be a better option to extend the standard 30 day visa free privilege at the airport upon arrival, or even after arrival at a BI office (Often a reputable travel agent will do this on your behalf for a small fee)
Now I've no recent experience of doing this so don't know what forms are required or questions asked.

Hopefully someone who has done this recently will read this and provide an answer.

I think starting a new thread on 59 day visa on arrival may yield better repsonse.