PDA

View Full Version : UK Immigration Will Save Over £100 Million By Removing Right to Appeal

joebloggs
25th June 2013, 13:29
i wonder what dedworth thinks :cwm25:

this is bad news, only grounds are human rights and race discrimination
what about the ECO has :censored: up :mad:
1/3rd of appeals were won.

The Home Office has stated that the UK government will save more than £100 million over the next 10 years by moving the full right of appeal for people seeking a UK visa as a family visitor.

Beginning today, only appeals based on human rights and race discrimination grounds will be allowed. Applicants will no longer be allowed to submit further information for their application via an appeals process, and will have to begin their visa application again.

Applicants will, however, be able to apply as many times as they like and a decision will be made more quickly (a predicted 15 days, rather than up to 8 months via appeals). Removing the 40,000+ appeals from the system allows it to work considerably faster, and will produce significant savings for the UK government in the process.

read more here .. http://www...........s.com/news/uk_immigration_will_save_over__100_million_by_removing_right_to_appeal3628.html

Terpe
25th June 2013, 13:44
It'll be interesting to see if the refusals increase significantly.
Thats a good FOI question for 6 months time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
25th June 2013, 14:18
I'd suspect there's been a lot of abuse of this one from the sub-continent

andy222
25th June 2013, 16:30
I'd suspect there's been a lot of abuse of this one from the sub-continent
:xxgrinning--00xx3: