PDA

View Full Version : Laptop not working

stevewool
27th June 2013, 06:46
Well last night the laptop failed to charge,
Now do I try to get it fixed its over 5years old and this is the second time it will not charge plus it's never hold more then 15 minutes without charging again so really you could say its always plugged in ,or do I get another charger

imagine
27th June 2013, 06:48
is it the charger or the battery or both:Erm:
splash out and buy a new lap top:biggrin:

Michael Parnham
27th June 2013, 06:59
Treat yourself to a new one, some good quality Lap Tops at very decent prices on QVC Steve!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
27th June 2013, 07:00
I think it's the charger but who knows,
Ems says buy a new one,but its the cash in my wallet just don't like seeing the daylight
I shall wait till my daughter comes round she knows all about these things plus where to get good second hand laptop if needed
I am on ems iPad and this is supper quick and I do like it but I would like a bigger screen

stevewool
27th June 2013, 07:03
It's the cash thing Michael,I just don't like parting with it, but I need the laptop

Michael Parnham
27th June 2013, 07:12
It's the cash thing Michael,I just don't like parting with it, but I need the laptop

Buy one with Ems money Steve! :wink:

imagine
27th June 2013, 07:50
:icon_lol: go on treat yourself

joebloggs
27th June 2013, 08:07
it's almost certainly the battery, tohu small chance it could be the charging circuitry insde the portable but that would be rare.

what make and model is it steve ? cheapest thing to do would be to buy a new battery for it, an original one or if too dear a clone one, if that doesn't work its probably cheaper to buy a new laptop !

KeithD
27th June 2013, 09:10
Does it work straight from the mains? If so it is the battery, just buy a new one.

Ako Si Jamie
27th June 2013, 19:15
Sounds like the battery to me as well. Look on ebay for one steve.

bigmarco
27th June 2013, 23:48
Our spare was doing a similar thing steve. I bought a clone battery on ebay and now it's fine. As it's five years old I'd buy one of the cheaper clone batteries as it's probably not got long left.

les_taxi
28th June 2013, 08:32
Get your cash out and get a new laptop:biggrin:

stevewool
28th June 2013, 19:25
thanks all for the replies, i have taken the battery out and there is still no charge going into the laptop, my cable is very worn though so with £5.90 from bay i brought a new one coming next week to try that, if not then i shall buy a nice cheap one, but thanks again all for your funny and good comments:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
28th June 2013, 20:00
People sure like spending your money for you Steve ! :biggrin:

Why buy a new laptop when it probably only needs a battery for a few quid ? :anerikke:

This PC is 10 years old and it will stay in use until it either explodes in my face or crumbles to dust. :xxaction-smiley-047

imagine
28th June 2013, 20:21
People sure like spending your money for you Steve ! :biggrin:

Why buy a new laptop when it probably only needs a battery for a few quid ? :anerikke:

This PC is 10 years old and it will stay in use until it either explodes in my face or crumbles to dust. :xxaction-smiley-047

yeah but just think of all the fun steve would have playing with windows 8:biggrin:

grahamw48
28th June 2013, 23:47
Eh ? I've just upgraded to Windows XP. :dumbputer:

Is there another one now ? :doh