PDA

View Full Version : Wifes Passport.......

SteveJ
1st July 2013, 21:35
My Wife is due to arrive in the UK in the next few weeks. After we were married in the Philippines and for the UK Visa application she applied under her old (maiden) name and we have not yet changed her passport to her now married name. How do we change her passport to represent her married name. We were thinking we would need to go to the Philippines embassy in London. Is this correct or do we need to do something else ?

Many thanks..

Steve

stevewool
1st July 2013, 21:50
How long as she got left on her passport, if its a time just leave it if it runs out soon then you have to go to London to change the name

SteveJ
1st July 2013, 21:58
How long as she got left on her passport, if its a time just leave it if it runs out soon then you have to go to London to change the name

Thanks for the response Steve.. the passport will expire the back end of 2016 so a little time left on it.. I guess we could just leave it, but would be nice to change it... :smile:

Arthur Little
2nd July 2013, 01:39
.. the passport will expire the back end of 2016 so a little time left on it.. I guess we could just leave it, but would be nice to change it... :smile:

If I were you, I'd leave it till nearer its date of expiry; but, there again ... :anerikke: ... the choice is yours and/or your wife's.

stevewool
2nd July 2013, 09:07
It's always nice to get things sorted out, but remember everything will cost you money,
If it was me I would wait like Arthur says

Terpe
2nd July 2013, 09:19
Thanks for the response Steve.. the passport will expire the back end of 2016 so a little time left on it.. I guess we could just leave it, but would be nice to change it... :smile:

I'd go along with the suggestions of others too, to just wait awhile.
There's no mandatory requirements.

If you go to the Phils Embassy for a name change they will no longer process applications for change of name in machine readable passports. The passport will need to be renewed and will be processed in Manila.

Newly arrived partners generally find that having a valid passport and visa as ID in those early months is a huge benefit.

SteveJ
2nd July 2013, 09:27
I'd go along with the suggestions of others too, to just wait awhile.
There's no mandatory requirements.

If you go to the Phils Embassy for a name change they will no longer process applications for change of name in machine readable passports. The passport will need to be renewed and will be processed in Manila.

Newly arrived partners generally find that having a valid passport and visa as ID in those early months is a huge benefit.

As usual, thanks for all the advice Arthur, Terpe and Stevewool, really is very much appreciated, sounds like its best to leave it as it is and we will revisit this sometime in the future..