PDA

View Full Version : Ring Sizes

Alan
13th September 2007, 18:45
Hi guys,

Can anybody help me with this one please. I want to buy Hanna another wedding ring - I was never pleased with the quality of the first one.
She tells me that her ring size is 5.
Now of course, here in the UK we do ring sizes by letter.
Anybody know the equivalent ring size to 5?

Thanks,

Al. :)

Shifty-Sidney
13th September 2007, 18:48
:Erm:
You dont know the size of your ring Alan??:Help1::icon_lol:

hilda_danao
13th September 2007, 18:54
Hi Alan! how are you?

size 5 is 5cm circumference. i don't know about UK size. but i guess you can ask the sales lady for that measurement. perhaps they have conversion or maybe somebody from this forum knows conversion. i hope at least my info helps.

Shifty-Sidney
13th September 2007, 19:01
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thats 15.9mm diameter alan heheeh
Your wife has big hands?

hilda_danao
13th September 2007, 19:12
i have to disagree. hehe. that's not big. that's slim size. :Erm:

Alan
13th September 2007, 19:18
True Hilda! As I have said before - Hanna is a really thin girl! Yet, she eats all the time!!!!

If the door opens and no-one comes in - it's Hanna! :)

Al.

Shifty-Sidney
13th September 2007, 19:22
Alan. on a serious note 5cm is K and 1/2.
hope this helps:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
13th September 2007, 19:23
Alan. on a serious note 5cm is K and 1/2.
hope this helps:xxgrinning--00xx3:

God bless ya mate - thank you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)

Shifty-Sidney
13th September 2007, 19:25
Hello again, you need to be accurate with the measure tho because 50mm (5cm) circ is K1/2, but 49.3mm circ is only a K. not a lot of difference
cheers. mark

joebloggs
13th September 2007, 19:28
a tip for you Alan, why not do what i did, buy the ring you like, usually the one which is in the sale and reduced the most :xxgrinning--00xx3:, next tell the wife, you forgot her ring size, and tell her to adjust to the ring, by either putting on or losing weight,,, it worked for me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

my next tip will be on avoiding the wife :cwm3:

Alan
13th September 2007, 19:29
Hmmmm - maybe I should fatten her up with some more Chicken Jo's inato.

Al.

Alan
13th September 2007, 19:30
Joe - I like your style!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
13th September 2007, 19:35
funny, since i did that, she has not lost another wedding ring in a taxi :yikes: or dropped a nice nokia phone down the toilet :NoNo:, funny thing is another junior doc asked her, if it was her mobile inside the toilet :cwm24::NoNo:

cryingbaby
14th September 2007, 14:43
helllo allan..i think 5 is equivalent to J.. my ring finger is 5 and when i bought a ring here..it was J..hope it helps.

ervenescence
14th September 2007, 17:26
Hi guys,

Can anybody help me with this one please. I want to buy Hanna another wedding ring - I was never pleased with the quality of the first one.
She tells me that her ring size is 5.
Now of course, here in the UK we do ring sizes by letter.
Anybody know the equivalent ring size to 5?

Thanks,

Hi Alan, why don't you buy her a wedding ring in PH instead. Take her to different jewellery shops and have a look first and compare whats the best quality for a reasonable price. She might find a ring that she really fancy and not worrying about the sizes.
Thats what we did before. We chosed the ring and we both loved them, good quality, nice design and not too expensive.

But if you wanted to surprise her, well forget about my suggestion..LoL

Alan
14th September 2007, 18:20
Thank you very much for your help and suggestions guys. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)

bigtombowski
10th October 2007, 23:46
i have worried, wondered and pondered the same thing and i thought (practical male) .. . i will get her engagement ring in the phils . . . but . . . it turns out she likes to be surprised and if i was on one knee and officially proposing . . without a ring, she wouldn't feel as happy as if i had one, so i'll be asking about sizes pretty soon :) so please keep this open ;)

tom

kimmi
11th October 2007, 00:04
dont worry tommi we will keep this open as u wish..he he he

how are u mate?

PeterB
11th October 2007, 08:12
I realise it might make it more difficult to surprise her, but everything I've read would suggest that you really should purchase the ring in Phils.

Maybe I'm not romantic enough ... I took Ruby along to choose the ring!

kimmi
11th October 2007, 11:52
its ok Peter, so Ruby can decide what she fancy for and fit for her ring size..:)

bigtombowski
11th October 2007, 12:53
although, i think i know mar well enough to know this "practical approach" won't work in my case haha! :) but i do think that the "buying ring in phils" is a very very smart approach :)
tom

aromulus
11th October 2007, 13:19
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thats 15.9mm diameter alan heheeh
Your wife has big hands?

Mhhhhhhhh....:NoNo:

"Ring" and big hands.....:Erm:

The clues were there.....:rolleyes:

bigtombowski
11th October 2007, 13:20
bayot jokes again hehe!

kimmi
11th October 2007, 13:38
he must have noticed the sign..

silver13
11th October 2007, 18:23
Maybe I'm not romantic enough ... I took Ruby along to choose the ring!

Paul proposed me without the engagement ring:Cuckoo: so he took me to choose the ring on a day trip to Baguio :-) And anyway Paul has just said if he had brought the ring first and I said no then he would be stuck with a small ring that fits no one in the UK :)

andypaul
11th October 2007, 19:48
Somewhere in the land of phill forums i have seen this debated and links to pages with tables of countries various sizes. Maybe someone here can remeber where?

bigtombowski
11th October 2007, 23:34
it would be very helpful to have access to said table :D

baboyako
11th October 2007, 23:59
Average adult women size 6 to 8 or L to Q

Average adult man size 9 to 11 or J to W

19.5mm is :cwm24: .. not L to Q :NoNo: