PDA

View Full Version : Philippines Departure Tax Help

marksroomspain
4th July 2013, 17:12
I was talking to my wife this morning as she is due to come back to the UK with our son after a vacation there.

She wanted to know about the departure tax, I know she has to pay 750 pesos but she wanted to know does she have to pay the 1,620 peso tax as well because she is a filipino passport holder.

Is she now exempt from this because she is a UK resident or will she have to pay it again like she did the first time she arrived in the UK.

Also our son is 5 months old and a British Citizen does she have to pay a departure tax for him as well.

I just want to make sure she has enough money so she doesnt become unstuck.

Thanks guys any help would be very much appreicated...

bhem_bhem
4th July 2013, 17:25
i just came back from philippines last month. i paid travel tax for myself and for my son but since it's my son's first time to leave, i only paid 1100 for his.:smile:

grahamw48
4th July 2013, 17:59
No travel tax payable for your baby, but your wife will need to pay it because she is still a Phils citizen, plus her departure tax (babies under 2 years don't pay).

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/PH-Philippines-customs-currency-airport-tax-regulations-details.htm

ca143
4th July 2013, 21:56
If she is already a dual citizen she just only need to pay 200 pesos.Just show to the imigration officer of her both UK and Filipino passport.

bauble
5th July 2013, 06:26
Just show ure marriage contract and a proof u are a UK resident u dont need to pay travel tax.