PDA

View Full Version : family visa

hawk
5th July 2013, 18:22
as am now on a crap wage £250 a week i got no chance in hell on been with wife ever in uk or phil am a hgv driver having to drive a van because of lack of work so am thinking i could at least have wife visit me shes working in phil and her employer will give her a letter saying so we were thinking of family visit visa will she have to say how long she plans on coming ? because if she says more than a few weeks they will say she wont go back will she need or can we get away with a open airline ticket? if she is already here and wants to stay longer are the ukba going to get shirty over the change of time she stays thanks guys

marlyn&kenny
5th July 2013, 22:04
sorry to hear your worries. it is really unfair for the british that they have to suffer but those from EEA they can bring their love ones here in the UK with out any hassle!!

hang on there and wait for reply from other members, im sure they can give you some advice.

Terpe
6th July 2013, 13:58
as am now on a crap wage £250 a week i got no chance in hell on been with wife ever in uk or phil am a hgv driver having to drive a van because of lack of work so am thinking i could at least have wife visit me shes working in phil and her employer will give her a letter saying so we were thinking of family visit visa will she have to say how long she plans on coming ? because if she says more than a few weeks they will say she wont go back will she need or can we get away with a open airline ticket? if she is already here and wants to stay longer are the ukba going to get shirty over the change of time she stays thanks guys

Hawk, the application form will ask for the date to go to uk and the date to return. However this is not 'set-in-stone' and is just an estimate.
The issues only might come about if she states a 4 week visit but actually stays for 4 months. She will not have any problems at all travelling, but it just might impact any subsequent visit visa applications.

The family visit visa is a low cost low risk visa with a very swift decision process around 15 days.
In the worst case scenario of a refusal, a subsequent application that overcomes the refusal reason can be made at any time.

Good luck Hawk.

PS: The government is currently reviewing the income thresholds following a high-court case. Watch this space with fingers crossed..

bigmac
6th July 2013, 14:20
do let us know how you get on with the visitor visa application. my g/f was recently refused--some prob with her bank a/c---this was in spite of using an agent to apply for her.

Terpe
6th July 2013, 14:32
do let us know how you get on with the visitor visa application. my g/f was recently refused--some prob with her bank a/c---this was in spite of using an agent to apply for her.

Maybe because of using an agent :Erm: