PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

satchuna
22nd July 2013, 20:46
After like 3-4 years of posting in here.. Here I am again, saying hello.. The first time I posted was before me flying here in the UK.. and now it has been 3 years.. I am still a newbie in the forum^_^

Terpe
22nd July 2013, 20:50
After like 3-4 years of posting in here.. Here I am again, saying hello.. The first time I posted was before me flying here in the UK.. and now it has been 3 years.. I am still a newbie in the forum^_^

Well here's a warm welcome back aboard the good ship Filipino UK :welcomex:

Maybe you've completed your immigration and are already a British Citizen and a member of the exclusive club of dual nationals ??

Do share more of your journey :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
22nd July 2013, 20:55
welcome back :Wave:

satchuna
22nd July 2013, 21:00
oh well,, not yet.. I still need to wait for 2 or 3 more years for me to have a British passport.. ^_^

Terpe
22nd July 2013, 21:13
oh well,, not yet.. I still need to wait for 2 or 3 more years for me to have a British passport.. ^_^

Oh! Really? Why?
Sorry for my questions but I have no idea of your journey history. :wink:

satchuna
22nd July 2013, 21:35
For me to become a British citizen I need to live here for 6 years. I came here in 2010 so I am half of the years I need for me to have one. Coming here has been very difficult. I need to pass an English exam, apply for a visa and the long wait for having one. I first join this forum asking of the things I need to expect coming here. And now I've been here for 3 long years and still counting. Life in the UK is different and challenging. I am loving it but I still misses home at times.

marksroomspain
22nd July 2013, 22:16
For me to become a British citizen I need to live here for 6 years. I came here in 2010 so I am half of the years I need for me to have one. Coming here has been very difficult. I need to pass an English exam, apply for a visa and the long wait for having one. I first join this forum asking of the things I need to expect coming here. And now I've been here for 3 long years and still counting. Life in the UK is different and challenging. I am loving it but I still misses home at times.

Why 6 years satchuna?

Did you arrive on a spouse/fiance visa?

Have you obtained ILR? (indefinite leave to remain)

Because if you have then you only have to be ordinarily resident for 3 years to be nationalised as a British Citizen, and as you say you have been here 3 years already then you would qualify.

Anyway would like to welcome you back to our friendly forum...:smile:

Arthur Little
22nd July 2013, 23:33
:welcomex: back again, Satch ...

... or ... do you prefer being called Una?