PDA

View Full Version : How should the UK tackle illegal immigration? Video

joebloggs
30th July 2013, 22:56
http://www.channel4.com/news/how-should-the-uk-tackle-illegal-immigration-video

Vans carrying the Home Office's "Go home or face arrest" message did not go down well, so what should the government do about illegal immigration? Mark Reckless MP and campaigner Rita Chadha discuss.

London_Manila
31st July 2013, 04:29
ID cards would have been a good idea as i dont know many people who walk around with their passport with them

Any amnesty would be totally wrong and it will just fuel more illegal immigration because people will head here hoping and waiting for the next amnesty

Boris Johnson thinks an amnesty is a good idea :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
31st July 2013, 07:48
I agree with the idea of ID cards, I think it would be a good thing!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
31st July 2013, 10:20
The likes of Rita Chadha always give a negative view on ways of tackling the people here illegally. At least on the surface it looks a though measures are being taken to try to get the figures down.
If the illegals now start to get paranoid well tough, go home.

grahamw48
31st July 2013, 11:03
I've stopped bothering about it.

Too late. :NoNo:

lordna
31st July 2013, 14:36
I agree with the idea of ID cards, I think it would be a good thing!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dont immigrants already have ID cards if they are here legally? I thought everyone now gets a Biometric residence Permit if not their passport shows a visa attached? Or is this just immigrants from non EEA countries?

This being the case then the problem clearly is with EEA immigrants only?

I suppose the problem is those immigrants that have no ID or passport as its impossible to determine where they come from to send them back. And there is of course some genuine refugees seeking asylum who having absolutely nothing could arrive here without ID.