PDA

View Full Version : Philippines Compared to Thailand

IanB
17th September 2007, 21:42
I have spent a lot of time in Thailand (two years plus a dozen further visits), but never been to the Philippines. I'd imagine they have a lot in common but some big differences too? Can you tell me what I should expect if I visit the Philippines? (Now thats a tiny topic for a rainy day if ever there was one!).

In my view Thailand is beautiful (but not the towns which are pretty much just strips of concrete). Thai people are extremely friendly and welcoming (but there are plenty of scams to catch the unwary). Thailand is very safe indeed, including even the worst shanty towns. And I love Thai food.

There must be even more spectacular scenery in the Philippines, and even more beaches. I know that all the filipino people I have met in the UK have been extremely nice. What else can you tell me?

Thanks.

Ian

KeithD
18th September 2007, 09:07
What else can you tell me?

Planes tend not to skid of runways in the Philippines.....pilots have more sense than to try aquaplaning....:Erm:

walesrob
18th September 2007, 10:46
Planes tend not to skid of runways in the Philippines.....pilots have more sense than to try aquaplaning....:Erm:

Boom Boom :cwm3: