PDA

View Full Version : Can I bring cheese from UK to the Philippines?

cheeky_monkey
23rd August 2013, 13:19
Hi all,

My husband and I (and kids) will be going back for a holiday to the Philippines late this year and will be seeing my family. I am planning to bring a few gifts and cheese (manchego) is one of them (my sister loves cheese :)). I am not sure though if it's allowed to be carried when traveling...:/
Anyway, I hope anyone who knows about what can and what not food to bring can share them here.

Thanks in advance!

tiger31
23rd August 2013, 15:16
I can,t see cheese being not allowed as long as its vacuum packed

Arthur Little
23rd August 2013, 15:56
:cwm25: ... you could always be a 'cheeky monkey' ... just :smile: and say "cheese" :biggrin: if you're caught on airport security cameras.

rani
23rd August 2013, 16:52
Yes you can bring food from uk to the phils :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Better to put it in your check in luggage :)

Moy
23rd August 2013, 17:11
:cwm25: ... you could always be a 'cheeky monkey' ... just :smile: and say "cheese" :biggrin: if you're caught on airport security cameras.
:laugher::laugher: :biggrin: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mistermatty
23rd August 2013, 17:28
Yes i have done it dozens of times and never had any issues ...i used to freeze it and then pack n wrap it well and when i unpacked it a day later it was still cool !!

Terpe
23rd August 2013, 20:31
I agree with everyone else.
I've done it so many times. But I've never had in carry on, always in my check-in suitcase.
I always take vacuum packaged and put inside a plastic container.I've never been stopped and asked to open my case in Manila, but as far as I remember there's nothing on the customs declaration about that.
In 2008 I took 5kg of Stilton and 5kg of premium Cheddar.
None of the family liked the Stilton :xxgrinning--00xx3: I had to eat it all :laugher:

mjwoz
23rd August 2013, 20:47
:Jump::Jump:
:Jump::laugher::laugher:

Ako Si Jamie
25th August 2013, 11:37
Find out before you go.

Feta to be safe than sorry. :wink:

Dedworth
26th August 2013, 08:34
None of the family liked the Stilton :xxgrinning--00xx3: I had to eat it all :laugher:

I side with them - I remember as a kid gagging at my Dad tucking into Gorgonzola http://www.myemoticons.com/images/humor/stinks/what-stinks.gif

Terpe
26th August 2013, 08:48
I side with them - I remember as a kid gagging at my Dad tucking into Gorgonzola http://www.myemoticons.com/images/humor/stinks/what-stinks.gif

I love to eat all sorts of cheese.
A quality mature and tangy Cheddar takes some beating.

I'm not fond of Gorgonzola. I much prefer a good Stilton but my favourite 'blue' would have to be Roquefort.

My old dad always liked Danish Blue. Urgghh

Dedworth
26th August 2013, 09:27
I love to eat all sorts of cheese.
A quality mature and tangy Cheddar takes some beating.

I'm not fond of Gorgonzola. I much prefer a good Stilton but my favourite 'blue' would have to be Roquefort.

My old dad always liked Danish Blue. Urgghh

Non runny, non mouldy and preferably English for me although I don't mind some of the Dutch/Swiss/German/Norwegian