PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening this Bank Holiday Weekend?

Rosie1958
24th August 2013, 09:51
We are supposed to be holding a family BBQ on Sunday so that my Filipina sister-in-law can meet my second cousin's Filipina wife. Planned to finish re-laying the patio today and doing some gardening but we have torrential rain! :doh Hoping that the weather improves for tomorrow and Monday :xxgrinning--00xx3:

What's everyone else doing???

Terpe
24th August 2013, 10:57
According to the weather forecast Sunday is all set to be good BBQ time. Hope it all goes well. I really love BBQ's and I enjoy the cooking. I cook on the BBQ all the time even mid-week just the two of us.

My wife is working 'long day' today. Yesterday was 'long day' also.
My guess is that Sunday will be a relaxing day with an afternoon at our local spa for sauna & swim. We plan a Japanese dinner on Sunday evening so I'll need to go shopping to get all the ingredients.

Monday will be yet another 'long day' for my wife and I'll be off the local car-boot.
It's just a 10 min drive away and it's a really big one always well attended and usually lots of bargains. I've been given my written instructions on what to buy and that'll all go in the next Balibayan Box currently getting filled.
Many of our extended family have still not recovered from the last typhoon. The boxes we send help them a lot. The stuff they don't use gets sold at their Ukay Ukay store and brings in some cash. We all need some of that. :wink:

We just got back from a great holiday in Rome and Vatican City so now it's time start saving and planning for the next trip. Got loads of holiday brochures piled up on the coffee table.

Hope you enjoy your bank holiday weekend.

stevewool
24th August 2013, 11:25
ems is working all day , so no help with the wardrobes it seems , well its better that way , no one else can hear my swearing