PDA

View Full Version : Living in Paradise with my Angel

Robert.K
27th August 2013, 13:35
Hi there, just registered onto this site today,
Im a British guy Married to a Filipino ( My Angel ).
We met online in 2001 married in April 2002.
my wife joined me in Uk August 2002.

We came back here to phil every 2 years.
we were deciding about retiring in the philippines in April 2012.
But what with the cold weather and snow in the uk
I couldnt bear her walking to work anymore in that so we came here in Oct 2011.

Living in Los Banos on the wifes family plot although we have our own home at the back.

its a far different world here than back in the Uk but I dont think I will ever go back there
even though I still have a son and daughter there from my first marriage cheaper to send them the air fare to come here.

any way thats me nice to meet you all...........................Bob

Terpe
27th August 2013, 13:49
Hello there Bob, a warm welcome aboard Filipino UK :welcomex:

Always good to have Ex-Pats here to share their experiences.
Hope you'll find our friendly online community has plenty to offer and that you'll stay around.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Robert.K
27th August 2013, 13:51
Thankyou Terpe :smile:

Terpe
27th August 2013, 13:55
We have a few members here wishing and waiting to follow the same path as you.
In fact one member will be flying out within a couple of weeks for a new life.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of recent threads/postings on that subject.
Your views/advice/comments would be most welcome.

jake
27th August 2013, 13:56
Hi Bob, welcome to the forum.

We live in Liliw which is around 40 mins from Los Banos.

Arthur Little
27th August 2013, 14:26
:Hellooo:, Bob. Interesting introduction ... and good luck to you and your missus in deciding to retire in the Philippines. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can assure you, you're far from alone in your desire to "upsticks" ... there are already a fair number of our British members "itching" to follow in your footsteps for various reasons - not least, due to the predominantly unpredictable weather here in 'Blighty'. :icon_rolleyes:

:yeahthat:'s one side of the coin. But, on the "flip side, :Britain: - unlike any other nation I'm aware of - has its National Health Service :olddude: ... a factor worth bearing in mind for those of us who aren't getting any younger. :cwm24:

However ... as a member of this unique and friendly site, you can enjoy the best of both worlds ... :welcomex:!

raynaputi
27th August 2013, 15:09
Hi Bob, I can see from your location that it says, Bay, Laguna.. My family (on my mother side) lives in Bay, Laguna. Welcome to the forum and I hope you didn't get the floods this past week. :Wave:

MissDi
27th August 2013, 16:52
sure u enjoy Los Banos, Laguna and its fresh air and great people too. :) welcome to the forum.

stevewool
27th August 2013, 20:12
hi there bob, welcome and be prepared for giving lots of advice to me and others who will be making the trip over there sooner then later

andy222
27th August 2013, 20:50
Hi Bob and welcome. Looks like you made the right move, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
27th August 2013, 21:41
Hi Bob and welcome to the forum :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Looking forward to you sharing and comparing your experiences as an ex-pat :Hellooo:

Rosie1958
27th August 2013, 23:41
Welcome to the forum Bob! :Hellooo:

gWaPito
28th August 2013, 01:21
Welcome to the forum Bob :Hellooo:

gWaPito
28th August 2013, 01:26
:Hellooo:, Bob. Interesting introduction ... and good luck to you and your missus in deciding to retire in the Philippines. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can assure you, you're far from alone in your desire to "upsticks" ... there are already a fair number of our British members "itching" to follow in your footsteps for various reasons - not least, due to the predominantly unpredictable weather here in 'Blighty'. :icon_rolleyes:

:yeahthat:'s one side of the coin. But, on the "flip side, :Britain: - unlike any other nation I'm aware of - has its National Health Service :olddude: ... a factor worth bearing in mind for those of us who aren't getting any younger. :cwm24:

However ... as a member of this unique and friendly site, you can enjoy the best of both worlds ... :welcomex:!

Would also be nice to get the perspective of an ex pat in much later years when indeed his wheels are gettin wonky:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
28th August 2013, 10:28
Welcome to our forum Bob, I'm sure as time continues you will have a few stories to share with us!:Hellooo::Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Robert.K
1st September 2013, 17:35
hello there ,

so far where we are no floods,last year however we did ! water cam over a wall we had built at back of the property. waiting on our builder to raise the wall higher.

Robert.K
1st September 2013, 17:36
always willing to help

highlander01
2nd September 2013, 22:34
Welcome Bob...

sars_notd_virus
3rd September 2013, 10:01
Welcome to the forum Bob:xxgrinning--00xx3: