PDA

View Full Version : Attack Syria?

les_taxi
27th August 2013, 20:00
Yes or no and reasons :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
27th August 2013, 20:05
Yes or no and reasons :xxgrinning--00xx3:

No - the place is full of crazy factions and there would be no happy ending for us

Terpe
27th August 2013, 20:07
I agree with Dedworth.

Where has this kind of action ever had a positive outcome ?

lordna
27th August 2013, 20:24
NO - Only force that should maybe go in should be United Nations.

andy222
27th August 2013, 20:32
No lets keep our noses out. Let them get on with it.

Arthur Little
27th August 2013, 20:36
:nono-1-1: ... way too many members of our Armed Forces have either already been killed and/or severely maimed while trying to restore order in these :crazy: Arab States.

marksroomspain
27th August 2013, 20:38
Definite yes after what I have seen with those children, swift sharp bombing to teach these b******s a lesson, but a no no to ground troops. :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

andy222
27th August 2013, 20:39
I think we need to strengthen our borders before helping other countries.

andy222
27th August 2013, 20:43
Definite yes after what I have seen with those children, swift sharp bombing to teach these b******s a lesson, but a no no to ground troops. :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:
And more innocent people get killed?. Leave them to it. I think people are already fed up with us getting involved in these things that is none of our business.

les_taxi
27th August 2013, 20:48
I think leave 'em to it, as sad as it is, these countries never learn :NoNo:

marksroomspain
27th August 2013, 20:53
And more innocent people get killed?. Leave them to it. I think people are already fed up with us getting involved in these things that is none of our business.

Like I said Andy swift sharp bombing no ground troops so no casualties, these people have to learn...

andy222
27th August 2013, 20:56
But there will be casualties mark. And another thing is we dont know for sure who used these chemical weapons.

marksroomspain
27th August 2013, 21:00
But there will be casualties mark. And another thing is we dont know for sure who used these chemical weapons.

If it is proven Andy then I think we cannot let people like this get away with it because what next other crackpot states thinking the west don't give a damm so more anarchy, where will it end.

Its just my opinion mate but I say yes...

andy222
27th August 2013, 21:16
I know its your opinion mark and I respect that. But what has it got to do with us that is the question?. Lee Rigby died because some lunatic in our country didnt like what we were doing in Afghanistan. How many more soldiers will this affect?

Terpe
27th August 2013, 21:26

I can easily understand your emotions Mark, especially as a new dad.

But does anyone know IF it happened HOW it happened and WHO did it?
I'm not convinced so far.

bigmarco
27th August 2013, 21:26
Despite the atrocities being committed there by whom we are yet to find out I believe that any intervention has to be by the UN alone.
Our forces have suffered enough over the last 10 years in these backward places and Cameron has no mandate to commit any of our troops on the ground. We cannot continue to be the worlds policeman and it's time that the Arabs were left to take care of their own problems.
We're being told that the Arab league are up in arms at this atrocity, well if that's the case let them all sort it out between them. Saudi Arabia and many others have plenty of oil money and plenty of forces so let them go and sort it out.
One thing that has become clear over the last 10 years is that we only create more trouble at home when we try to get involved in policing and regime change in muslim countries. These people don't want us entering these countries.
So leave them to it because one thing is certain in my mind is that todays freedom fighter in Syria and Egypt is tomorrows terrorist on the streets of London and the rest of the west.

stevewool
27th August 2013, 21:35
keep out, we will be damned if we do and damned if we dont

Ako Si Jamie
27th August 2013, 21:50
I think we need to strengthen our borders before helping other countries.

And more innocent people get killed?. Leave them to it. I think people are already fed up with us getting involved in these things that is none of our business.:iagree:

marksroomspain
27th August 2013, 21:53

Its gets to me Peter I just want to see Assad's smile wiped off his face if he has done this.

No offence to anybody on here by my views I also don't want any of our guys killed as I said no ground troops just hope these alleged attacks on these poor children can be avenged by whoever if proven..

andy222
27th August 2013, 22:10
Im not the brightest spark but i dont think it will stop at a quick blast as you put it mark. None of us want to see these kids hurt but you have to draw the line.

marksroomspain
27th August 2013, 22:26
Im not the brightest spark but i dont think it will stop at a quick blast as you put it mark. None of us want to see these kids hurt but you have to draw the line.

I fully understand and appreciate your views and opinions Andy it looks like its inevitable anyway by the latest news a window of opportunity according to that of a strike this weekend.

BTW Good luck to you and your wife on your forth coming visa application...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
27th August 2013, 22:39
Yes thanks mate. Its right what you say all 3 of our political leaders agree with intervention but they dont have to pick up the pieces. Iraq is a prime example. Are they better off now? I dont think so.

joebloggs
27th August 2013, 22:49
if someone doesn't do something then rightly so, there will be millions of refugees fleeing to other countries, that cant be the answer :NoNo:

gWaPito
28th August 2013, 01:31
Yeah right, let's all turn a blind eye. Let the playground bully have his way. If it isn't dealt with other rougue nations will start dishing out the chems.:NoNo:

gWaPito
28th August 2013, 01:38

We aren't to reason why. They know the facts. They are hardly gonna tell Joe public, not yet anyway. It's not for us to be convinced, we have to trust the powers that be. The Yanks are ready to roll :xxgrinning--00xx3: Us Brits are 'umming and arring as usual in these situations :NoNo:
The world cant stand by and watch women and children murdered..not anymore.

gWaPito
28th August 2013, 01:43

Defo with you Mark :mad:

fred
28th August 2013, 03:16
we have to trust the powers that be.

What, like when we were asked to trust them before when they told us about WMD in Iraq and when Bliar said we could be attacked in the UK with a 45 minute warning?

You trust them if you like.
Not me.

gWaPito
28th August 2013, 04:37
What,like when we were asked to trust them before when they told us about WMD in Iraq and when Bliar said we could be attacked in the UK with a 45 minute warning?

Not me.

Good point Fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just trying to put a positive spin on this :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just like being dissed by an old hoe..they all aint bad..same goes for the superpower leaders. Could be worse, could have Reagan or Bush Jn in power :xxgrinning--00xx3:. It's a terrible shame they didnt do the same to Mugabwe..we know it's all about the oil fields. :NoNo:

joebloggs
28th August 2013, 05:05
What,like when we were asked to trust them before when they told us about WMD in Iraq and when Bliar said we could be attacked in the UK with a 45 minute warning?

Not me.

true, trust your eyes, 100's are dead and thats not a lie :NoNo:

fred
28th August 2013, 07:48
true, trust your eyes, 100's are dead and thats not a lie :NoNo:

If its true then why don't the Arab league take action to save its Muslim brothers and sisters from such atrocities?
The Saudi`s are offering the Russians secret oil deals to drop its veto in the U.N so that the U.S and the U.K can enforce a no fly zone!!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...ops-Syria.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/10266957/Saudis-offer-Russia-secret-oil-deal-if-it-drops-Syria.html)

You just couldnt make this stuff up!

London_Manila
28th August 2013, 07:59
No its got nothing to do with us
Let the USA play at being the world's policeman we should distant ourselves from the USA
We made a pigs ear of Iraq and Afghanistan so lets not add Syria to the list

We never went bombing North Korea and Zimbabwe and people are suffering badly in these countries

These countries have to sort themselves out and they don't want us there anyway

andy222
28th August 2013, 08:05
Exactly fred we should keep our noses out. It is none of our buisiness. Afghanistan will be the same in a few years time we wont make any difference to that country. Getting rid of people like Assad and Hussain and these dictators is a waste of time. There will always be another one to take their place. We are just throwing money and our troops lives down the drain. Our business should start at home protecting our borders and getting rid of the scum here. And another thing by doing this we are annoying countries like Russia China and Iran and we dont want to be doing that.

andy222
28th August 2013, 08:06
No its got nothing to do with us
Let the USA play at being the world's policeman we should distant ourselves from the USA
We made a pigs ear of Iraq and Afghanistan so lets not add Syria to the list

We never went bombing North Korea and Zimbabwe and people are suffering bad in these countries

These countries have to sort themselves out and they don't want us there anyway
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
28th August 2013, 10:46
It should have been sorted almost three years ago, if we go in now can't really comment on what could happen!!:Erm:

Doc Alan
28th August 2013, 12:13
Attack Syria ? NO :NoNo:… for reasons already given on this thread, which appear to be in line with the majority of the UK general public.

It’s true there have been war crimes, crimes against humanity, gross human rights violations – murder, torture, rape, forcible displacement, and other inhumane acts … by BOTH Government forces and affiliated militia AND anti-Government armed groups in Syria. Added to this there are reasonable grounds to believe that chemical agents have been used as weapons.

The horrific video imagery of the gas victims, and breach of a 100 year old global agreement on the use of chemical warfare, resulting in hundreds more deaths and suffering, is the “ red line “ which has been crossed in President Obama’s view, also causing our Prime Minister to return from his latest holiday, and recall Parliament.

The chemical weapon used in Syria appears to be the nerve gas sarin. It is relatively easy to make in the laboratory. There is an antidote, atropine, required in large quantities as soon as possible – hard or impossible to achieve in Syria.

Of course chemical weapons – whoever is responsible - cause random suffering and death to victims, but “ conventional “ / kinetic weapons have had FAR more impact ( literally ) in causing this humanitarian disaster.

My opinion ? If any response is possible, it should be humanitarian. There are expected to be over 3 million Syrian refugees in neighbouring countries ( about a third of Lebanon’s population, with large numbers in Jordan, Turkey, Egypt and Iraq ). There have been over 100,000 deaths in Syria ( a tiny minority from chemical weapons ), over 10 million ( half the population ) will need humanitarian aid, and over 5 million are internally displaced.

A majority of the population don’t have access to adequate food, water and shelter. A&E, and health care services generally are dysfunctional or non-existent. The vaccination programme has collapsed. Communicable diseases like pneumonia have increased because of over-crowding. Stocks of medicine are running low. Patients already with lung disease ( 3/5 men and 1/5 women smoke ) are facing inadequate treatment. TB is not ( so far ) a concern.

Humanitarian aid would certainly be cheaper than military intervention. However, the arguments against ANY humanitarian aid are well known - making sure it reaches those needing it ; and, for the UK, given the state of our own economy and NHS, whether we can afford it. It COULD be afforded by rich Arab neighbouring countries.

bigmarco
28th August 2013, 12:15
This is a letter that was sent into the FT the other day. It probably sums up why we shouldn't bother getting involved because one way or another we're going to end up with enemies.

From Mr K N Al-Sabah.

Sir,
Iran is backing Assad. Gulf states are against Assad!
Assad is against Muslim Brotherhood. Muslim Brotherhood and Obama are against General Sisi.
But Gulf states are pro Sisi! Which means they are against Muslim Brotherhood!
Iran is pro Hamas, but Hamas is backing Muslim Brotherhood!
Obama is backing Muslim Brotherhood, yet Hamas is against the US!
Gulf states are pro US. But Turkey is with Gulf states against Assad; yet Turkey is pro Muslim Brotherhood against General Sisi. And General Sisi is being backed by the Gulf states!

Welcome to the Middle East and have a nice day.

K N Al-Sabah, London EC4, UK

andy222
28th August 2013, 21:12
Will Cameron listen though? Thats another question.

andy222
28th August 2013, 22:01
This was a cracker I read.
Three years ago this current lot of incompetent politicians told us all we had to accept pay cuts, pension increases, cuts to vital frontline services like the Army and Policing because we had no money left. Now we have billions to spend on a new train set for the rich to play on and billions for another war game, what liars the lot of them.

robbie bobby
28th August 2013, 23:53
The thing I worry about is Mr Putin and his love for that part of the world.This guy is ex KGB and selling ARMS TO Syria and he has really expressed his unrest about the UK interfering.Its also great how we seem to have money for this and at the same time sacking health professionals and throwing people out of hospital not to mention the education and police they are cutting down because they say theres no money:Erm::Erm:

London_Manila
29th August 2013, 07:35
Will Cameron listen though? Thats another question.

No he will not and he has probably agreed to back the USA on the telephone already :NoNo:

Our only hope is massive public opinion against these war mongers

Weapons of mass destruction anyone remember all those complete lies :cwm23:

Michael Parnham
29th August 2013, 12:50
The surrounding Arab nations should be the ones to intervene and stop the killing!

London_Manila
29th August 2013, 21:32
Apparently some targeted bombing is going to sort all this out :Erm:

marksroomspain
29th August 2013, 22:10
Apparently some targeted bombing is going to sort all this out :Erm:

I stick by my previous posts I honestly believe the world cannot stand by and let this atrocity continue and believe me it will continue unless these crackpot dictators are taken to boot.

Whether its the british, american, french whoever combined I believe these people only listen to one thing (forget diplomacy with these people its not in there vocabulary) and that is the decent societies in this world will not stand by and let it happen.

A bit harsh from me but we have to show that these atrocities will not be tolerated.

Just my views guys...

les_taxi
29th August 2013, 22:12
Why do we have to do it? Why can't some of these incredibly rich middle east countries do it?
Too busy building palaces of gold funded by obscene oil profits :cwm23:

gWaPito
29th August 2013, 22:48
I stick by my previous posts I honestly believe the world cannot stand by and let this atrocity continue and believe me it will continue unless these crackpot dictators are taken to boot.

Whether its the british, american, french whoever combined I believe these people only listen to one thing (forget diplomacy with these people its not in there vocabulary) and that is the decent societies in this world will not stand by and let it happen.

A bit harsh from me but we have to show that these atrocities will not be tolerated.

Just my views guys...

My view as well Mark. .Appeasement isn't in my vocabulary.

Ako Si Jamie
29th August 2013, 22:59
Not sure how accurate this is but it gives a rough guide of Middle East conflicts since the turn of the twentieth century.

Spot the peaceful year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_modern_conflicts_in_the_Middle_East

bigmarco
29th August 2013, 23:01
I suppose it's always a bit easier to shout for other peoples sons and daughters to be sent to these hell holes.
There are plenty of soldiers within the Nations of the Arab League and for the life of me I cant understand why they cant all get together as Arabs to save their fellow Arabs.
Instead it's left to the western nations to once again go and upset all the extremists muslims throughout the world and bring more trouble to our own doorstep.:NoNo:

bigmarco
29th August 2013, 23:22
Parliament votes to reject possible military action against Syria :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23892783

marksroomspain
29th August 2013, 23:41
I am a guy who believes whatever will be will be, if nothing gets done consequences if something is done consequences of course they will be consequences no matter what.

I do not believe in sending our troops into this arab hell hole because this will do nothing.

What I do beleive is to send a message that shows that we as a civilised society will not tolerate this and as the lawyers have stated a hit on this scum is perfectly legal ie: humanitarian to save life.

Myself as a father does not come into this I see what I see, I feel the pain of these poor children and their families.

Now as a society lets end this suffering now...

I am sorry but this is my final post on this subject, I will now refrain...

gWaPito
30th August 2013, 01:06
You join the services first and foremost to do battle in the name of queen and country. ..the trade training and apprenticeships are secondary.

The innocent getting killed didn't have any choice.

The Yanks just like in the second world war will save our bacon.

les_taxi
30th August 2013, 06:29
looks like we not getting involved for now good news:xxgrinning--00xx3:

London_Manila
30th August 2013, 07:14
looks like we not getting involved for now good news:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I enjoyed the vote in the commons last night :smile:

A good slap in the face for Cameron

I am not a great fan of Miliband but he went up in my estimation yesterday just for standing up for what the majority of the British people want = staying out of Syria

London_Manila
30th August 2013, 07:19
You join the services first and foremost to do battle in the name of queen and country. ..the trade training and apprenticeships are secondary.

The yanks turned up late for both world wars and we have only just paid them off for the money they lent us during world war 2

After Pearl Harbor they had no choice but to enter world war 2

I dont like seeing our servicemen returning home with legs and arms blown off from a conflict that has nothing to do with us

grahamw48
30th August 2013, 08:12
I suppose it's always a bit easier to shout for other peoples sons and daughters to be sent to these hell holes.
There are plenty of soldiers within the Nations of the Arab League and for the life of me I cant understand why they cant all get together as Arabs to save their fellow Arabs.
Instead it's left to the western nations to once again go and upset all the extremists muslims throughout the world and bring more trouble to our own doorstep.:NoNo:

I agree....but of course the West don't want to see oil production affected, or our valuable contracts.

andy222
30th August 2013, 08:15

As a father of a serving soldier I do not think this is doing battle in the name of queen and country. She would be going into a country that is nothing to do with us. If other countries were invading us I could understand it but this is totally different. Like has been said the saudis have the most money out there why dont they sort it out?. Or is Cameron trying to take the minds off people about what is going on in this country?.

grahamw48
30th August 2013, 08:19
The yanks turned up late for both world wars and we have only just paid them off for the money they lent us during world war 2

After Pearl Harbor they had no choice but to enter world war 2

I dont like seeing our servicemen returning home with legs and arms blown off from a conflict that has nothing to do with us

I agree.

Keep our noses out of it. Let these lunatics sort out their own problems.

At least then we can make some money on replenishing their arms supplies instead of wasting our own.
Also lots of work to be had in the future, re-building the wreckage of their peaceful god-fearing little :censored:-hole countries. :smile:

grahamw48
30th August 2013, 08:22
I enjoyed the vote in the commons last night :smile:

A good slap in the face for Cameron

I am not a great fan of Miliband but he went up in my estimation yesterday just for standing up for what the majority of the British people want = staying out of Syria

Good timing for Millipede, who desperately needed something to restore his credibility (if he ever had any).

Now he can appear the public hero.

Michael Parnham
30th August 2013, 08:34

Fully agree, our decision not to get involved is such a relief, let the Arabs sort there own problems out. If we had conflict the same as Syria in the UK, would the Middle east come to our rescue? I don't think so!

grahamw48
30th August 2013, 08:37
That will take another thousand years Michael, but at least we can keep clear of this particular scrap.
Maybe build a fence around them or something.

andy222
30th August 2013, 08:41
The yanks have room to talk remember hiroshima.? Keep well out of it thats what I say.

grahamw48
30th August 2013, 09:05
The Yanks have a great history of :censored: ups and failure.

Do we really want to follow them into ANYTHING ? :NoNo:

Korea, Vietnam for starters.

...and now they buy their TVs and cars from Japan. :Erm:

grahamw48
30th August 2013, 10:14
A view from Mr. Cleese...

ALERTS TO THREATS
IN 2013 EUROPE

From JOHN CLEESE

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the .......s." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels ..

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be right, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

Regards,
John Cleese ,
British writer, actor and tall person

And as a final thought - Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 430 BC.

Life is too short...

joebloggs
30th August 2013, 10:57
if you don't take action then this is what will happen..

i wonder how many will get to the UK to claim Asylum ?

Bulgaria struggles with onslaught of Syrian refugees

http://www.eubusiness.com/news-eu/syria-conflict.qbq

Arthur Little
30th August 2013, 13:13

ALERTS TO THREATS
IN 2013 EUROPE

From JOHN CLEESE

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the .......s." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels ..

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be right, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

Regards,
John Cleese ,

And as a final thought - Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 430 BC.

Life is too short...

... indeed it IS! :yeahthat: ... thanks for sharing, Graham. :laugher:

London_Manila
31st August 2013, 06:02
if you don't take action then this is what will happen..

i wonder how many will get to the UK to claim Asylum ?

Bulgaria struggles with onslaught of Syrian refugees

http://www.eubusiness.com/news-eu/syria-conflict.qbq

Thats true but how is any targeted bombing going to improve the situation over there?

Iraq and Afghanistan are not exactly great and stable places to live in now after we bombed them to bits !

Ako Si Jamie
31st August 2013, 14:43

ALERTS TO THREATS
IN 2013 EUROPE

From JOHN CLEESE

Regards,
John Cleese ,

Life is too short...:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

London_Manila
1st September 2013, 06:12
The Uk's pro Tory gutter newspaper "the Sun" yesterday was lamenting about the end of the special relationship between the UK and the USA and apparently France has taken our place

I have some news for the sun = WHO CARES

Pete/London
1st September 2013, 08:59

"Take Lord Ashdown, who moaned on Friday, after MPs voted against an attack on Syria, that he had never felt so ashamed. Really? Many of us can remember at least one occasion when Lord Ashdown certainly ought to have felt more ashamed. "

end of Quote

grahamw48
1st September 2013, 09:06
The Uk's pro Tory gutter newspaper "the Sun" yesterday was lamenting about the end of the special relationship between the UK and the USA and apparently France has taken our place

I have some news for the sun = WHO CARES

EXACTLY !

For once the will of the people has been carried out...even if that wasn't the intention.

The press are a bloody menace, and often a worse enemy to this country than terrorists ! :mad:

gWaPito
2nd September 2013, 01:32
Exactly........who gives a toss on here about the school being bombed with napalm:NoNo:...who gives a toss about the British not going in with the Yanks...after all, we would only provide a token gesture as is always the case......we got to thank the Japs for bombing Pearl Harbour other wise we'd all be goose stepping, wearing the now fashionable riding garb and giving it the sieg heil..........like them or not, they've saved the British bacon on numerous occasions.

Just my humble opinion

bigmarco
2nd September 2013, 03:24
It has yet to be proved that the regime in Syria is responsible for these terrible acts. However how worrying it would be if it is proved they are responsible and moreover they purchased the chemicals from us last January under a licence issued by Vince Cables department.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/britain-sold-nerve-gas-chemicals-2242520

Parliament has voted rightly in my opinion not to get involved in this and for once they appear to be listening to the views of the people. This is one for the Arabs to sort out themselves with the help of the Yanks if they so desire.

gWaPito
2nd September 2013, 04:11
If the papers are to believed the Yanks have all the proof needed that the Syrians bombed and poisoned their own people....Parliament voted against going in with the Americans, whether that's morally right is another question...I, for one couldn't stomach a play ground bully..I'd be straight in there with a flying headbutt, make no mistake..death before dishonour...so to watch women, children and babies getting slaughtered while 'we' turn our backs is an absolute disgrace.....Paddy Ashdown has got it right..he got it right about the Balkans too in 96.....and why was it voted against..it was voted against on the strength on Bliar's lies last time.....so the Syrian people have to die in their multitudes because of a past lie......beggars belief :NoNo:

London_Manila
2nd September 2013, 05:26
If the papers are to believed the Yanks have all the proof needed that the Syrians bombed and poisoned their own people....Parliament voted against going in with the Americans, whether that's morally right is another question...I, for one couldn't stomach a play ground bully..I'd be straight in there with a flying headbutt, make no mistake..death before dishonour...so to watch women, children and babies getting slaughtered while 'we' turn our backs is an absolute disgrace.....Paddy Ashdown has got it right..he got it right about the Balkans too in 96.....and why was it voted against..it was voted against on the strength on Bliar's lies last time.....so the Syrian people have to die in their multitudes because of a past lie......beggars belief :NoNo:

As Putin said last Friday "if the USA has any Real evidence that Assad was responsible for the chemical attack then they should present that evidence to the UN" Putin also went on to rubbish John Kerry's laughable public address last week "we have evidence but we cant reveal it" :doh

Ashdown is just another x military man looking for any excuse to bomb anything

Maybe you can inform us how by bombing Syria next week that is going to improve the situation over there?
When the USA starting bombing Syria do you really think there are going to be no innocent victims?
They will probably end up killing far more than that chemical attack

tiger31
2nd September 2013, 05:36
well the relatives holding their dead gassed kids can,t believe the brits have rejected helping them and quite honestly neither can I .Its a disgrace to turn a blind eye to this evil .so assad carry on killing kids with gas you got our permission .

tiger31
2nd September 2013, 05:40
As Putin said last Friday "if the USA has any Real evidence that Assad was responsible for the chemical attack then they should present that evidence to the UN" Putin also went on to rubbish John Kerry's laughable public address last week "we have evidence but we cant reveal it" :doh

Ashdown is just another x military man looking for any excuse to bomb anything

Maybe you can inform us how by bombing Syria next week that is going to improve the situation over there?
When the USA starting bombing Syria do you really think there are going to be no innocent victims?
They will probably end up killing far more than that chemical attack
well if they knock out their airforce at least it will stop the rebels getting bombed and give the guys on the ground a better chance ,yes the chemicals can still be delivered but the playing field will be a bit level after airforce knocked out

London_Manila
2nd September 2013, 06:21
well if they knock out their airforce at least it will stop the rebels getting bombed and give the guys on the ground a better chance ,yes the chemicals can still be delivered but the playing field will be a bit level after airforce knocked out

Many of these rebels are Muslim extremists anyway so just be careful what side you end up supporting!

London_Manila
2nd September 2013, 06:24

Yes bomb the hell out of them thats really going to improve things over there :NoNo:

London_Manila
2nd September 2013, 06:31
well the relatives holding their dead gassed kids can,t believe the brits have rejected helping them and quite honestly neither can I .Its a disgrace to turn a blind eye to this evil .so assad carry on killing kids with gas you got our permission .

Evils acts are being perpetrated all over the world and your only answer is to bomb them
I don't see us rushing to bomb China or North Korea
With you advocating bombing all you end up doing is just spreading more pain and misery but you think its a solution :doh

tiger31
2nd September 2013, 07:03
Evils acts are being perpetrated all over the world and your only answer is to bomb them
I don't see us rushing to bomb China or North Korea
With you advocating bombing all you end up doing is just spreading more pain and misery but you think its a solution :doh

did I say bomb the people er no I said take out their airforce to give the rebels a better chance of defeating assad

fred
2nd September 2013, 07:25
did I say bomb the people er no I said take out their airforce to give the rebels a better chance of defeating assad

Thats a good idea tiger.. So why don't the Saudi`s do it first backed up by its Muslim consortium The Arab league?
Why is it always the West that has to sort out the mess in the middle east?
Unfortunately,Obama has given Assad a complete run down on what the US military intentions are.. No boots on ground..Just a swift targeted slap on the wrist..
Watching the news today and Assad seems to have moved most of his Military hardware into areas covered with a human shield and perhaps stocked all the Chemical gases into the military and air bases of course to be targeted by the US..
Its just as well the Brits have pulled out.. It could be a real catastrophe IMO..
Send the French in na lang!

grahamw48
2nd September 2013, 09:34
Good post Fred...totally agree.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I for one do not feel one tiny bit of guilt at not getting involved with a load of lunatics fighting each other...something that they will continue to do whether the Western hand-wringers waste more time and resources on them or not.

We've sold enough weapons to the 'friendly' (meaning they've got oil) Arabs, let them do something useful with them by sorting out their fellow lunatic muslim neighbours.

We are NOT WELCOME there, except as a haven for refugees and property investors.

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2013, 13:17

Forget the papers Mark, watch Al Jazeera news! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
2nd September 2013, 14:03

Well lets see the Yanks proof.
I seem to remember a Previous President and Blair conning us into believing that Saddam had WMD's ... Lies.
71% of British people in an opinion poll believe we've made the right decision.

The air force is organized in seven fighter/ground-attack squadrons, six fighter squadrons, and seven training squadrons. Saudi Arabia has at least 15 active military airfields.[6]

As of 2011, Saudi Arabia has around 300 combat aircraft. The kingdom's combat aircraft are newly acquired Eurofighter Typhoons and upgraded Tornado IDS, F-15 Eagle and F-15E Strike Eagle fighter planes. Saudi Arabia has a further 80+ F-15 Eagles on order and an option to buy another 72 Eurofighter Typhoons.

The Saudis have a pretty big and modern Air Force. Let them take care of their nasty neighbours.

tiger31
2nd September 2013, 14:24
Thats a good idea tiger.. So why don't the Saudi`s do it first backed up by its Muslim consortium The Arab league?
Why is it always the West that has to sort out the mess in the middle east?
Unfortunately,Obama has given Assad a complete run down on what the US military intentions are.. No boots on ground..Just a swift targeted slap on the wrist..
Watching the news today and Assad seems to have moved most of his Military hardware into areas covered with a human shield and perhaps stocked all the Chemical gases into the military and air bases of course to be targeted by the US..
Its just as well the Brits have pulled out.. It could be a real catastrophe IMO..
Send the French in na lang!

well obamas made a right balls up here your right you don,t tell your enemy that your going to strike and then give them time to move everything about and hide stuff whats the point in that ? the arabs wont strike coz they don,t like fighting other arabs they prefer the west to do their dirty work for them .The trouble with this mess is its all about tribal crap sunni,against the shia and throw in a bit of alwite of assads crowd its just one big melting pot which nobody can see the outcome apart from lots of innocent people getting slaughtered .

tiger31
2nd September 2013, 14:27
normally I would say who cares and let them kill each other ,but when you see little kids cut down like that its hard to take that view .

fred
2nd September 2013, 14:41
normally I would say who cares and let them kill each other ,but when you see little kids cut down like that its hard to take that view .

I take your point tiger..
If I was in the middle of it all and witnessing these atrocities first hand watching dead kids being dragged in, I`d be screaming at the US and UK to help put a stop to it.. I think most of us would..
In reality though I still think that U.S bombing could escalate the whole thing beyond belief..
I'm relieved these decisions are not up to me.

lordna
2nd September 2013, 15:21
I dont personally think bombing will achieve anything....as Ghandi is often quoted as saying “An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind”.

More than a little dismayed to read that Britain supplied the chemicals to make the Sarin in the first place. I bet Cameron was hoping that wouldn't get out!

London_Manila
3rd September 2013, 06:20
well obamas made a right balls up here your right you don,t tell your enemy that your going to strike and then give them time to move everything about and hide stuff whats the point in that ? the arabs wont strike coz they don,t like fighting other arabs they prefer the west to do their dirty work for them .The trouble with this mess is its all about tribal crap sunni,against the shia and throw in a bit of alwite of assads crowd its just one big melting pot which nobody can see the outcome apart from lots of innocent people getting slaughtered .

Well if the Arabs dont like fighting Arabs then why the hell should we go in and sort it out ?

I would imagine these so called "rebels" are an unsavory lot as well and its already been noted that they have Al Qaeda sympathizers among their ranks

IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN are no better off now after we decided to get involved and you want add SYRIA to that list

Come on lets start learning from our past mistakes

grahamw48
3rd September 2013, 10:54
Looks like the Yanks are getting ready to go down the slippery slope again...even without us holding their hand. :cwm25:

Michael Parnham
3rd September 2013, 20:28
Whatever happens it will end up being a BLOODY mess and nothing will change because the middle east has been the same since time began! :crazy:

London_Manila
5th September 2013, 02:01
Looks like the Yanks are getting ready to go down the slippery slope again...even without us holding their hand. :cwm25:

I am still not convinced by any of their "reasons" for bombing Syria
Nothing has been proved and the yanks case is flimsy to say the least
Putin seems to be the only one talking sense on this one
Some hard evidence might help but i think i might be waiting a long time for that :wink:

andy222
5th September 2013, 05:48
If the papers are to believed the Yanks have all the proof needed that the Syrians bombed and poisoned their own people....Parliament voted against going in with the Americans, whether that's morally right is another question...I, for one couldn't stomach a play ground bully..I'd be straight in there with a flying headbutt, make no mistake..death before dishonour...so to watch women, children and babies getting slaughtered while 'we' turn our backs is an absolute disgrace.....

If you feel that strongly about it why dont you go over and help them out then?

gWaPito
5th September 2013, 19:32
If you feel that strongly about it why dont you go over and help them out then?

Im deemed too old..You did'nt level that at Joe or Mark both of whom are years younger than me:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3: