PDA

View Full Version : Online Visa Application

Shamrockdave2003
20th September 2007, 16:56
Hi Guys,

I was just on the Uk Visa Application website http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/

I was surprised when i read this.
The British Embassy will now accept on-line visa applications for all categories of UK visas. You will be able to complete the application form on-line by following the step-by-step instructions on the following link: http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk (http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk)

Has anyone used this facilty, would this mean that i could apply for my wife online on her behalf.

Anyone used it

SD:xxgrinning--00xx3:

empott
20th September 2007, 17:06
Wow, thats great news!
When is ur wife apply for her visa, shamrock?

Shamrockdave2003
20th September 2007, 17:13
We where going to apply last month, unfortunately her mum died.
So hopefully end of this month.

Would like to know if anyone has used it though????

KeithD
20th September 2007, 20:11
How do you send the proof?

andypaul
20th September 2007, 22:27
How do you send the proof?

Finger prints will be hard to send as well.

KeithD
21st September 2007, 08:59
Finger prints will be hard to send as well.
They take them while you type on the keyboard :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joyce
21st September 2007, 13:48
Yes, they accept on-line application but still you need to make an appointment to visit VFS in person where you will bring a copy of your completed on-line application, a photograph, supporting documentation that is required and payment for your visa. The advantage is that you will be able to choose a time that suits you using the on-line appointment booking service and queuing times will be reduced.
The embassy will continue to accept the hand written applications until further notice.

kimmi
21st September 2007, 13:52
have u applied already joyce?

joyce
22nd September 2007, 12:11
have u applied already joyce?

Not yet. I will be going in Manila on sept. 25 and I have already my schedule for my fingerscans and digital photographed on Sept. 26 at 8 am. How about you Kim?

kimmi
22nd September 2007, 12:52
i am planning to submit on Sept. 27 thursday.if i call them on monday for appointment, is it possible they will schedule me on thursday?

andypaul
22nd September 2007, 14:19
They take them while you type on the keyboard :xxgrinning--00xx3:

What happens if you type with gloves on:Erm:

andypaul
22nd September 2007, 14:20
Yes, they accept on-line application but still you need to make an appointment to visit VFS in person where you will bring a copy of your completed on-line application, a photograph, supporting documentation that is required and payment for your visa. The advantage is that you will be able to choose a time that suits you using the on-line appointment booking service and queuing times will be reduced.
The embassy will continue to accept the hand written applications until further notice.

Useful info so you make application and book an appoiment hopefully this will make it easier for those applying.
Good luck with the application:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joyce
22nd September 2007, 14:49
i am planning to submit on Sept. 27 thursday.if i call them on monday for appointment, is it possible they will schedule me on thursday?

Yes, they will schedule you on thursday.

kimmi
22nd September 2007, 14:53
i will just need to tell them my preffered date and time?did u pay through MC or u deposit the payment?

tiger@tigress
22nd September 2007, 16:53
Good Luck to all

empott
23rd September 2007, 13:05
Hope u guys get ur visas. God Bless.

joyce
23rd September 2007, 13:10
i will just need to tell them my preffered date and time?did u pay through MC or u deposit the payment?

I purchased manager's check at the BPI bank, you can't purchase if you have no account with them. I emailed VFS after I had purchased my mc then i am the one who choose my schedule.

kimmi
23rd September 2007, 13:38
oh Joyce u mean I cant easily purchase MC thru BPI?since i dont have an account there?too bad coz I am planning to go there tommorow..thanks for the info

joyce
23rd September 2007, 13:45
oh Joyce u mean I cant easily purchase MC thru BPI?since i dont have an account there?too bad coz I am planning to go there tommorow..thanks for the info

You can't purchase mc bcoz they will debit the amount directly to your account. If you have a friend who has an account with them you can ask a favor that you can use her account to purchase the mc and you will deposit your money to her account.

baboyako
23rd September 2007, 13:47
I purchased manager's check at the BPI bank, you can't purchase if you have no account with them. I emailed VFS after I had purchased my mc then i am the one who choose my schedule.

Just tell them you have an account with a different branch, but have forgotton your atm card :xxgrinning--00xx3:

they give the cheque no problems :D

kimmi
23rd September 2007, 13:48
ok thanks for the info Joyce, if say i get mc tommorow do the customer agent need the details of mc or i can call right away for appointment?

joyce
23rd September 2007, 14:02
ok thanks for the info Joyce, if say i get mc tommorow do the customer agent need the details of mc or i can call right away for appointment?

when i emailed them i gave my mc details.

kimmi
23rd September 2007, 14:09
oh u just emailed them giving complete name and MC details?

joyce
23rd September 2007, 14:13
oh u just emailed them giving complete name and MC details?

yes, then i think about 1 hr. they replied me.

kimmi
23rd September 2007, 14:23
u said when applying u thru online, the advantage is u can choose ur schedule that suits u and queeing time is lessen..how?

joyce
23rd September 2007, 14:44
u said when applying u thru online, the advantage is u can choose ur schedule that suits u and queeing time is lessen..how?

I did not apply yet, i emailed the embassy for the schedule of my fingerscans and digital photograph.

kimmi
23rd September 2007, 14:51
so u havent tried applying online yet?

Shamrockdave2003
13th November 2007, 12:43
My wife has applied online now, however she now has to print the forms off, she has asked me a question.
I hope there are some Pinoys out there who can help, as i am not familiar with these terms.

and do u want it printed on long or short bond paper coz the size of ur paper is different from here

Long or short bond????????? help :yikes:

SD

kimmi
13th November 2007, 13:13
hi shamrockdave,

i also used the application online..when i printed it out i used the A4 type of paper..

Shamrockdave2003
13th November 2007, 15:43
Yeah i know:)

But i need to know what its called

eula mackay
13th November 2007, 16:01
happy birthday to you shamrockdave2003!!!

Bridget
13th November 2007, 16:06
I just visit the UKvisa website, it said that the application via online will not be available on Nov 19th. Just reminder for those planning to apply visa online.

Bridget
13th November 2007, 16:07
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Shamrockdave!!!!!!!:xxparty-smiley-050:

bigtombowski
13th November 2007, 16:10
bon anniversaire

oops

sorry dave, we're irish not french hehe

ervenescence
13th November 2007, 16:45
and do u want it printed on long or short bond paper coz the size of ur paper is different from here

Long or short bond????????? help :yikes:

SD

I used long bond paper before, and that was 4 years ago. I don't know about this time, but I think it doesn't matter what size you using.

btw...HAppy Birthday Dave :birthday:

Shamrockdave2003
13th November 2007, 19:24
Thanks for the Happy bday BTW

Well i'm of to get drunk now:)

Tada

SD :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
13th November 2007, 20:24
so just another day in the life of an irish bloke ha?

kimmi
14th November 2007, 03:30
better late than never..

happy natal day Shamrock!!!wishing u all the best..

Cheers..:)

kimmi and clive

greenbeltboy
9th December 2007, 07:28
I have just finished filling up my online visa application form. Should I still fill up another one (the PDF)? Where should I submit it?

At:
Address of UK Visa Application Centre
VFS Services Philippines Private Inc.
Phil-Axa Building, 2501-02,
1286 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Corner Tindalo Street,
Makati City, Manila
Philippines

OR

British Embassy, Manila
Floors 15-17
LV Locsin Bldg
6752 Ayala Ave
Makati City

JAMZ
9th December 2007, 11:21
I have just finished filling up my online visa application form. Should I still fill up another one (the PDF)? Where should I submit it?

At:
Makati City, Manila
Philippines

OR

British Embassy, Manila
Floors 15-17
LV Locsin Bldg
6752 Ayala Ave
Makati City

Here At:
Makati City, Manila
Philippines

greenbeltboy
9th December 2007, 11:23
Thank you very much.

JAMZ
9th December 2007, 11:33
Thank you very much.

No worries.

They just need a hard copy of the online form (not the PDF form) so that they want to compare it with the one they have in the system. They want to check the details and if their online form works well (since they have just started to implement it.)