PDA

View Full Version : visa application

kimmi
21st September 2007, 14:18
hi friends,

I will be submitting my application for fiancee visa this week hopefully by thursday..i am really nervous and afraid..but i am praying like other couples here who got their visa, i wish i will get mine too..I followed all the advices here in this forum and all those experiences ive learned here..

Anyways, is there anybody here who will submit their application also this week?pls let me know maybe we can go there together..:BouncyHappy::cwm12::D

KeithD
21st September 2007, 14:28
Praying doesn't help, it all depends on the Poles employed in the British Embassy whether they understando de Anglish un de form.....

kimmi
21st September 2007, 14:34
oh Sir Keith, I am really getting nervous now..but I am sure I am armed with the docs needed because I followed the advices here in the forum..

Thank u very much for putting up a forum like this,it is very helpful..:)

kimmi
21st September 2007, 15:29
Do I need to have savings(personally)when applying for a fiancee visa? Is it necessary?i need help.thanks..

silver13
21st September 2007, 15:40
Do I need to have savings(personally)when applying for a fiancee visa? Is it necessary?i need help.thanks..

You may or may not have(personally) it does not matter most. But if you have then u may declare it if u want:)

joebloggs
21st September 2007, 15:53

nope . don't think it asks you if you've got :REGamblMoney01HL1:, only about your husband/future husbands money :cwm24:

KeithD
21st September 2007, 16:15
nope . don't think it asks you if you've got :REGamblMoney01HL1:, only about your husband/future husbands money :cwm24:

.......life.....:cwm24: :cwm24:

silver13
21st September 2007, 16:21
VAF2 Form Question 6.15 Do you or your sponsor hold any savings?

Although u may have ur own savings but the ECO's main focus is ur fiance's financial capability, joe is right so don't worry.

theresa
21st September 2007, 16:25
savings is a plus to. if you have declare it if you dont its ok.
Goodluck! ill pray for you.

kimmi
22nd September 2007, 02:54
hello, thanks for all the replies..i do appreciate it very much..

i have another question..hope u will bear with me..
on the application form Question 6.3 On what basis does ur sponsor occupy the property?

what is the best way for me to answer it?shall i say pls see the attached supporting documents?or i shall say ..he pays the mortgage..

pls help..thank u very much..

KeithD
22nd September 2007, 08:41
On what basis does ur sponsor occupy the property?

You've gotta love the way these muppets in Whitehall word these questions............Logical answer would be 'INDOORS' :NoNo:

charlwill
22nd September 2007, 13:08
GOD bless, Kimmi..

vbkelly
22nd September 2007, 13:09
hi friends,

I will be submitting my application for fiancee visa this week hopefully by thursday..i am really nervous and afraid..but i am praying like other couples here who got their visa, i wish i will get mine too..I followed all the advices here in this forum and all those experiences ive learned here..

Anyways, is there anybody here who will submit their application also this week?pls let me know maybe we can go there together..:BouncyHappy::cwm12::D
goodluck kimmi!!!!

kimmi
22nd September 2007, 13:13
thanks Ate Char and vkbelly..i really appreciate it..

pls help me how to answer question 6.3.On what basis does ur sponsor occupy the property?

what is the best way for me to answer it?shall i say pls see the attached supporting documents?or i shall say ..he pays the mortgage..

andypaul
22nd September 2007, 14:08

Its not neccessary as long as one of you has enough to look after the two of you as the others said. There was one couple where the lady in phill proof of savings was what swung the application.

andypaul
22nd September 2007, 14:14
thanks Ate Char and vkbelly..i really appreciate it..

pls help me how to answer question 6.3.On what basis does ur sponsor occupy the property?

I owned my Flat outright (ie no mortage) when we applied, i would just say on form own house and have the proof of moratge which they will see from bank statments and paperwork that all is in order.

On the SET(m) application for ILR it asks in what way to occupy and nearest tick box for your situation would be owned.

When we applied for our ilr they asked for no proof we owned our house even though i had it avaiable.

So to conclude just tick own house and supply documents regarding mortage.

kimmi
22nd September 2007, 14:18
thanks Sir Andy,Id better answer there own the house/owner..

thank u very much...

kimmi
22nd September 2007, 14:20
one more query..

if i pay by monday thru MC will it be ok if i book for thursday?or the customer service will be the one to book a schedule for me?

thanks..sorry im just nervous..

andypaul
22nd September 2007, 14:40
Are you doing application online as joyce in a post says she could book her appointment.

kimmi
22nd September 2007, 14:51
i try to book online but my fiance told me that since i still need to go there and submit the docs why dont i go there once for all requirements..

tiger@tigress
22nd September 2007, 17:07
hi friends,

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Goodluck :Hellooo:

kimmi
23rd September 2007, 01:37
thanks m@@,i hope like u and others here i will get my visa too coz i really want to be with my fiance soon..thanks again..:)

tiger@tigress
23rd September 2007, 20:18
thanks m@@,i hope like u and others here i will get my visa too coz i really want to be with my fiance soon..thanks again..:)

You will just follow what everbody did and be true :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Louella
23rd September 2007, 20:27
Goodluck Kimmi! Mostly women here have been through on what you are feeling right now. But anyway, as long as you have the documents needed, i'm sure you will not be disappointed. Take care & goodluck!

Louella & Iain

mike1
23rd September 2007, 20:40
Good luck Kimmi :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
23rd September 2007, 23:44
thanks m@@,louella & Iain and Mike and Melda it really helps me coz I feel really nervous now..:)

mach
25th September 2007, 06:42
good luck kimmi :)

kimmi
25th September 2007, 10:36
thanks mach,thank u everyone for all the support and informations u have shared on me..

this forum is really informative and of help to other people especially those who are applying for a visa..:)

guys,i already submitted my application online for the fiancee visa,actually it was not the first plan but i am curious what's the difference between submitting the application online and/or to include it on ur documents all in once when u go personally at the VFS..

when i answered all the questions on the application online ive noticed the questions there are almost the same with the handwritten application..after u fill it up u need to print out and include it when u submit ur documents..

the only difference i think is ur application are already submitted and the copy u have is nice because it is not handwritten (i say this because my penmanship is only appreciated by pharmacist..he he he)

i really hope i'll get my visa soon..but wait,one last question..i can only track my documents calling their customer service?i cannot track it online?

thanks again to everyone..:) i do appreciate all the help and encouragement..

ca143
25th September 2007, 11:03
thanks mach,thank u everyone for all the support and informations u have shared on me..

this forum is really informative and of help to other people especially those who are applying for a visa..:)

guys,i already submitted my application online for the fiancee visa,actually it was not the first plan but i am curious what's the difference between submitting the application online and/or to include it on ur documents all in once when u go personally at the VFS..

when i answered all the questions on the application online ive noticed the questions there are almost the same with the handwritten application..after u fill it up u need to print out and include it when u submit ur documents..

the only difference i think is ur application are already submitted and the copy u have is nice because it is not handwritten (i say this because my penmanship is only appreciated by pharmacist..he he he)

i really hope i'll get my visa soon..but wait,one last question..i can only track my documents calling their customer service?i cannot track it online?

Good luck Kimmi,i help to pray for it,Louella is right as long as u complete all the docs they need im sure they not dissapoint u,myself when i apply my fiancee visa im just only send it into courrier then afetr 3 weeks i receive a package from embassy it was my passport with visa. i get visa w/out any interview.hope u too.

gracia143
25th September 2007, 12:09
Hi Kimmi so sorry i wasn't able to text back(out of phone credit that time). I guess you're all ready by now? Be sure to arrive there before 8am Kim and good luck!

kimmi
25th September 2007, 12:12
hi ate gracia,its ok i understand..how are u?my appointment time is 9:30am..thank u thank u..

gracia143
25th September 2007, 12:18
ok lng wla pa rin ang visa, kitakitz tayo after mo mag lodge?

kimmi
25th September 2007, 12:23
sure sige po..tommorow submit si Ate Joyce..kabado na nga ako ngaun pa lang eh..thursday ako 9:30am..

gracia143
25th September 2007, 12:34
sige text lang if palabas ka na meet tayo andito lang me sa malate...

kimmi
25th September 2007, 12:42
ok po sige Ate..thank u ha, i appreciate all ur help..:)

joebloggs
25th September 2007, 13:13
women :doh, never understand them, the last 4 posts, i've no idea what their talking about :Erm:

:Help1:

aromulus
25th September 2007, 18:59
women :doh, never understand them, the last 4 posts, i've no idea what their talking about :Erm:

:Help1:

Well, as far as I can make one of them out...:Erm:

"Joe is a nice enough bloke, pity about his small penis, but his wife loves him anyway"....:rolleyes:

andypaul
25th September 2007, 20:53

Good Luck im sure you will have good news soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tommyw
25th September 2007, 22:30
Good luck Kimmi!

kimmi
26th September 2007, 01:03
thank u andy and tommyw..:)

joe, Ate Gracia is asking me if i want to meet her up after i submit my application..and well thanks to Rom for his interpretation it really makes me laugh..he he he :)

gracia143
26th September 2007, 04:00
Well, as far as I can make one of them out...:Erm:

"Joe is a nice enough bloke, pity about his small penis, but his wife loves him anyway"....:rolleyes:

Is it? I never knew you're not good at translating Dom but anyway that made me squirm a bit. I know Joe won't take it as an insult:xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Howdy Joe! Just that women are always speaking in tongues, it would be so hard decoding if you're a guy:D. See? Even Dom didn't get it and to think he's good at languages, right?

Kimmi, see ya tomorrow text me na lang wait kita dito malapit lang ang VFS sa akin.

aromulus
26th September 2007, 07:43
Is it? I never knew you're not good at translating Dom but anyway that made me squirm a bit. I know Joe won't take it as an insult:xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Howdy Joe! Just that women are always speaking in tongues, it would be so hard decoding if you're a guy:D. See? Even Dom didn't get it and to think he's good at languages, right?

Kimmi, see ya tomorrow text me na lang wait kita dito malapit lang ang VFS sa akin.

Poetic licence...

And a pathetic attempt at humour...:doh

joebloggs
26th September 2007, 11:01
Poetic licence...

And a pathetic attempt at humour...:doh

i'll forgive the Italian humor :icon_lol:, after 30 years of been in the UK you would have thought he would have learnt english, judging by his translation skills he hasn't, maybe he should do the 'life in the uk' test :D

( i think hes trying to impress his wife, by saying everyone else has a smaller willie than him :yikes:)

gracia143
26th September 2007, 11:22
I know you were trying to be humorous Dom, no problemo, but anyway Joe, maybe he still hasn't gotten over with the aftermath of Jet's arrival. It's just that I couldn't sometimes get on with Italian humour:D.

KeithD
26th September 2007, 12:29
Italians have no humour, way too busy learning to moonwalk in case of another invasion :rolleyes:

aug06_2006
26th September 2007, 12:38
Hi Kim, I wish u a luck!

tiger@tigress
26th September 2007, 19:10
GoodLuck

gracia143
27th September 2007, 10:37
Italians have no humour, way too busy learning to moonwalk in case of another invasion :rolleyes:

We don't do the "kneecaps" back home, we do the FIRING SQUAD:NEW4: :action-smiley-081::D

ginapeterb
3rd October 2007, 20:08
Kimmi,

Hiah girl...how are you ? just read your story, so your submitted your app....hey..good luck...where are you right now ? hey dont worry I am applying for my visa too ...so you and I are going down the same path right now...

Hope you get yours...and you get to foreigner land ok, I am looking to settle in your country soon, so I am in the process of applying for my visa....hope I get it....not really nervous at present, cos I can always stay in foreigner land..

But hey...look forward to hearing you are landing here soon...oh by the way, the weather is bad...

KeithD
3rd October 2007, 20:49
'NORMAL' Pete....not bad :icon_lol:

kimmi
4th October 2007, 00:44
hi Peter,

thanks for the encouragement..yes i do submitted my application last week, hopefully i get my visa soon..I am confident because I have followed all the advices and experiences I've read on this forum,the only thing that made me nervous is our relationship is only 7months when we applied..

btw, I used the application online and I can say that not all the question on the VAF2 application form are also there or maybe they noticed that its not that important so they revised it..

well i pray we get our visa soon..oh yes, ive heard that the weather is bad as much as here in our country now..

hope to hear from u again and I am glad that u and Gina are back here in the forum..:)

OLIVE
4th October 2007, 05:07
hi friends,

hi im in uk right now and i want to have my holiday in US i check the website but im confuse cause according to what i read i have to an appointment b4 i can have an applicatin form . can u enlighten about this??? thanks in advance...OLIVE

OLIVE
4th October 2007, 05:21
hi kimmi can u enlighten me about about the aaplication cause im here in UK and i want tohave my holiday in US im just confuse in what i read ... i have to get an appointment b4 i can get my application form...ok thanks in advance...OLIVE

eula mackay
4th October 2007, 05:37
hi kimmi. submitted my application exactly a month ago. if you call the call centre number it would cost you a lot. what i do is call (00632) 580 8700. all the telephonists i have spoken to regarding my enquiries are filipino and they are very helpful. you can ask them the status of your application as often as you wish (as long as its not everyday i suppose. lol). ive been told that they are now doing local checks as this is required before the eco actually reviews applications. they would also tell you if you ask which ones they are presently reviewing (referring to the date of submission). good luck and hopefully we both recieve our visa's before we have a breakdown. lol.

scotsfiancee
4th October 2007, 09:10
hi kimmi can u enlighten me about about the aaplication cause im here in UK and i want tohave my holiday in US im just confuse in what i read ... i have to get an appointment b4 i can get my application form...ok thanks in advance...OLIVE

Are you a spouse visa holder?

NOw your planning to have a holiday in US so you have to get B2 Visa (Holiday Visa)

1.Complete the visa application form DS-156 (http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/electronic.html);

2.Pay a visa application fee (http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/fee.html);

3.Present a passport or other travel document valid for at least six months beyond the holder's period of stay in the United States with at least one blank page - the six-month requirement does not apply to United Kingdom passports. If the passport is damaged, we recommend that you obtain a new passport before applying for the visa to avoid any delay in the processing of your application;

4.Provide one photograph which meets State Department regulations;
and present evidence of

sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the United States; and

evidence to show that the applicant has a residence abroad to which he/she intends to return at the end of the stay in the United States. This is generally established by evidence of family, professional, property, employment or other ties and commitments to some country other than the United States sufficient to cause the applicant to return there at the conclusion of his/her stay.

You can find all the infos B2 VISA (http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/b2.html)

24 Grosvenor Square
London, W1A 1AE
United Kingdom

MAP (http://www.usembassy.org.uk/ukembmap.html) The nearest underground station to Grosvenor Square is 'Bond Street Tube.

Chance of getting visa is 1 out of 10 :bigcry:

Although you have work commitment here they are still not convinced that you're going back to UK....:doh

Goodluck

joyce
4th October 2007, 09:19
sure sige po..tommorow submit si Ate Joyce..kabado na nga ako ngaun pa lang eh..thursday ako 9:30am..

Hi Kimmi it's been a long time that i was not able to log on...Not feeling well.. I started counting the days since I lodged my application. It is already a week. I hope everything goes well with our application.

kimmi
4th October 2007, 11:07
hi Ate Joyce,

how are u? are u still here in Pasay? yes, it's already a week since we lodge our application and hopefully we get positive result soon..and that will be a great christmas gift for us..:)

kimmi
4th October 2007, 11:13
hi kimmi. submitted my application exactly a month ago. if you call the call centre number it would cost you a lot. what i do is call (00632) 580 8700. all the telephonists i have spoken to regarding my enquiries are filipino and they are very helpful. you can ask them the status of your application as often as you wish (as long as its not everyday i suppose. lol). ive been told that they are now doing local checks as this is required before the eco actually reviews applications. they would also tell you if you ask which ones they are presently reviewing (referring to the date of submission). good luck and hopefully we both recieve our visa's before we have a breakdown. lol.

hi eula,

thanks for the info..so when i tried to dial that number it will not cost me a fortune?are u still here in the Phils.?well, i really hope that we will get a positive result soon..:)
:BouncyHappy:

joyce
4th October 2007, 12:08
hi Ate Joyce,

how are u? are u still here in Pasay? yes, it's already a week since we lodge our application and hopefully we get positive result soon..and that will be a great christmas gift for us..:)

Hi Kimmi! I'm fine thanks. I've been home last Friday. I hope that we will get a positive result. The VFS personnel told me that they will ring me if I have an interview and post all my original papers back then. How about you?

kimmi
4th October 2007, 12:32
yes they told me the same lines..thats why I am getitng paranoid if i heard our phone ringing..he he he hopefully it will be soon for us to hear the good news..:)