PDA

View Full Version : Tourist Visa Advice

Neophyte
22nd September 2007, 16:16
I am a male UK citizen based in London. My filipina fiance and I plan to marry next year. She is in Manila. Her brother and his family are already in London. She is completing her divorce from a previous marriage, and she expects to complete that in a month or so. My question is this:

I want her to come over here for a holiday visit as soon as possible. Should I sponsor her tourist visa? Given that she is technically married (and has a passport in her married name), it might seem strange for me to say I am her fiance. Would she need to get her passport renewed in her maiden name before applying for a tourist visa?

Alternatively, should her brother and his wife sponsor her? They are Philippine citizens.

Will her tourist visa application impact in any way upon her souse visa application next year?

Thanks for your help.

tiger@tigress
22nd September 2007, 17:17
I am a male UK citizen based in London. My filipina fiance and I plan to marry next year. She is in Manila. Her brother and his family are already in London. She is completing her divorce from a previous marriage, and she expects to complete that in a month or so. My question is this:
I want her to come over here for a holiday visit as soon as possible. Should I sponsor her tourist visa? Given that she is technically married (and has a passport in her married name), it might seem strange for me to say I am her fiance. Would she need to get her passport renewed in her maiden name before applying for a tourist visa?
Alternatively, should her brother and his wife sponsor her? They are Philippine citizens.
Will her tourist visa application impact in any way upon her souse visa application next year?
Thanks for your help.

Yes you can sponsor her but what about her family they cant sponsor your fiancee? as for ther last name in the passport its ok if she still carry her married name no problem with that...