PDA

View Full Version : still on the process of marriage annulment

cinmickey28
22nd September 2007, 19:58
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and it is a shame that it was too late when I have seen this forum before lodging my fiancee visa application. I am still on my way of annulment with I submitted my application but was confident enough thinking that I could suffice the Embassy requirements under checklist number 8 of the vfs forms which says that as "evidence that a legal proceeding has started for annulment or divorce" but now my fiancee received email from he embassy that I will likely to be refuse of a visa because I am still married in which we are very confused as the above statement on the checklist they seems considering it. Also on my case not only that I had provided evidence that a legal proceeding has started but I had emailed to them as well though not the decree yet but a copy of the decision of the court nullifyig my previous marriage in which I had received 3 weeks after lodging my application.

Does anyone here have the same experience? Or does anyone here the same on my case applying or has applied or been issued a fiancee visa in which Annulment or legal proceeding has started in the Philippines.

I am really confused as of this time. Please help your advise and suggestions are very much welcome.

Cinmickey28

theresa
23rd September 2007, 16:54
:icon_win:hi welcome to this friendly, helpful forum.
Just recently i was denied for a fiancée visa for the reason that my bf didnt provide his divorce papers because it was on proceedings when we submitted the application in May. I was given the right to appeal, fortunately he's divorce came through and we were able to lodge the appeal together with all the documents they asked me to provide and luckily and were really blessed that
the appeal were overturned here and just last week the embassy asked me to mail my passport to them for the visa.
I hope this success story of mine helps you.
Goodluck!!!:)

Missyalice
23rd September 2007, 17:04
Hello Theresa, it is nice to her from you. Does that mean they really need the real paper up to the end of the court proceedings or providing a document that a legal proceeding has started is already enough?

When we lodged our application I had attached some court notices and certification putting some evidence that I had started a legal proceeding. After 3 weeks of submission I received my COURT DECISION though it was not yet the decree but it was a POSITIVE RESULT and we just sent it thru email to the embassy.

If you have the right of appeal, how many weeks or months does it takes to process and wait again?

Thanks Theresa. God bless you.

cinmickey28
23rd September 2007, 17:20
Hello Theresa,

It is nice to hear from you with almost similar situation. Does it mean that the embassy really needs the FINAL DECREE of the court proceedings for divorce or annulment or a paper which states that a legal proceeding has started is sufficient enough?

I had attached some legal paper documents when we lodge our application but after 3 weeks of submission I receive my NULLITY OF MARRIAGE COURT DECISION which turns POSITIVELY and though not yet a decree I had it emailed to the embassy. I wonder if they honor the COURT DECISION though am still waiting for the decree to come out.

If in case they really refused my visa and if given a right of appeal, how long does it takes to process and wait again? Do you have to pay again the visa fee? or is there some payment involved again?

Thanks again Theresa. God bless you.

tiger@tigress
23rd September 2007, 20:29
Hello Everyone,
I am new here and it is a shame that it was too late when I have seen this forum before lodging my fiancee visa application. I am still on my way of annulment with I submitted my application but was confident enough thinking that I could suffice the Embassy requirements under checklist number 8 of the vfs forms which says that as "evidence that a legal proceeding has started for annulment or divorce" but now my fiancee received email from he embassy that I will likely to be refuse of a visa because I am still married in which we are very confused as the above statement on the checklist they seems considering it. Also on my case not only that I had provided evidence that a legal proceeding has started but I had emailed to them as well though not the decree yet but a copy of the decision of the court nullifyig my previous marriage in which I had received 3 weeks after lodging my application.
Does anyone here have the same experience? Or does anyone here the same on my case applying or has applied or been issued a fiancee visa in which Annulment or legal proceeding has started in the Philippines.
I am really confused as of this time. Please help your advise and suggestions are very much welcome.
Cinmickey28

You should send them all the docs that the proceesing has started such from the moment you filed the case from the petitions, summons, appeal as in everything to prove that its on going plus the letter from your lawyer stating that the case is on going you will be free to get married in due time...

Missyalice
24th September 2007, 01:54
Yes I submitted all the docs you have mentioned such as petitions, complaints, summons, lawyers certification upon lodging my application. Then 3 weeks after lodging the application I received the DECISION OF THE COURT so we called up and they advise to send it in e-mail and we followed. We think that the document we have sent was not passed to the ECO. We will try to chase up again and hopefully we still be able to make it before the ECO makes a decision.