PDA

View Full Version : advice please......

Leen
20th September 2013, 16:16
Going back to PI this November and im thinking of buying a tool kit for my brother,am i allowed to bring it?my second worry is that do i still have to show my CFO when i leave or my visa is enough?please enlighten me,cheers

grahamw48
20th September 2013, 18:22
I'm pretty sure it will be ok in your checked-in (cargo hold) bag.

I've taken a toolbox full of tools before.

Check with the airline ! :smile:

Hopefully someone else can answer your CFO query, but I know my ex went backwards and forwards a few times after being in the UK, and I'm sure the visa page was enough.

Mrs.smart
20th September 2013, 18:26
I have done it before and i never had problem with it as it was in my luggage( check in bag).

I do not know what CFO means but to make sure just bring it with you.

marksroomspain
20th September 2013, 19:37
Going back to PI this November and im thinking of buying a tool kit for my brother,am i allowed to bring it?my second worry is that do i still have to show my CFO when i leave or my visa is enough?please enlighten me,cheers

My wife came back after a vacation there in July and there was no problem, Immigration just looked at her passport in the Phils and seen her visa and cfo in it quite simple really...:smile:

raynaputi
21st September 2013, 02:12
Isn't your CFO sticker pasted/glued in your passport? Even if they ask that, it won't be a problem if it's in your passport. But I haven't heard anyone yet refused to go out of the Philippines after a vacation because of missing CFO sticker.

Terpe
21st September 2013, 09:54
I'm sure you're right Rayna ....... as far as I'm aware the CFO 'sticker' has no expiry and should be attached to the passport.
Given that and the fact that the UK Visa is available for inspection I see no problems at all.

I've not previously taken tools with me on holiday, but have done on business without any issues.
I usually send any tools etc by BB box simply because of the weight.

Leen
21st September 2013, 15:22
thank you guys for all your help,really appreciate it..CFO still in my passport,glad i did not remove it:yikes:...have to leave enough money after holiday then for travel tax and terminal fee :NoNo::smile:

grahamw48
21st September 2013, 15:29
Yep, best to keep around 3,000 pesos back for travel tax, terminal fee and some refreshments while you're waiting. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Any pesos left I use next trip for the taxi etc. :smile: