PDA

View Full Version : Spouse visa or Tourist (Multiple Entry) ??? Need you input.

sweet_mazza
23rd September 2013, 10:59
Hi Guys,

We just got married last Aug. :smile: And i just wanna ask for you advice.

Im planning to go to UK this Dec. But it'll be just for a month cos I have work here in Manila. Just planning to go for a visit and meet his family specially his Nana. I was just wondering what visa I should apply. Spouse or Tourist (multiple entry)?

Ive read that for the spouse visa, I cant stay outside UK for more than 2 years. But since my work is here in Manila. We've decided that I'll stay here until I got the chance to apply for an expat position with the same company. And go to UK just for a visit within those 2 years.

But Im not sure about the Tourist visa. Is there such thing as multiple entry just like for the US Tourist Visa?

And actually, we are also planning to go to Spain and Germany this Dec. Do I have to apply for Schengen visa too even I have a UK visa?

Thank you.

sweet_mazza
23rd September 2013, 11:07
Need "your" input

sorry typo

joebloggs
23rd September 2013, 13:19
a spouse visa cost alot more than a visit visa

if your not intending to make the UK your home, no point in applying for a settlement visa.

but there could be a risk applying for a visit visa as your married, the ECO at the embassy may question as your married why are you only intend to visit your husband:Erm: and maybe not believe you will go back before the visa expires..

but its a lot cheaper than a settlement visa and probably worth the risk :wink:

sweet_mazza
24th September 2013, 04:47
I can support that with my employment status. Im cuurently employed in a US based IT company as a Unix Systems Administrator. My husband and I agreed to stay at the max of 2 years to get an expat position for our UK office. I think itll be a valid reason since we both need a job. I dont wanna go there in UK without a job. So I just wanna have a tourist visa for my short stay (at least I can visit him anytime I wanted). Then apply for settlement when I finally got the job in UK.

Terpe
24th September 2013, 14:14
Based on what you've outlined, why not consider a long-term family visit visa.
You can get one for 2 years validity.
If you can secure one, you'll be allowed unlimited entry into the UK for the duration of the visa validity. You'd still be limited to a maximum of 6 months for each visit, but I doubt that will be any issue for you.

The application fee will be slightly more, but would save you the time and extra expense of multiple Visa applications.

Food for thought..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
24th September 2013, 16:21
Hiya! On your situation at the moment I would suggest visit visa since you are working in Manila. In any case if you are ready to leave your job and move on with your life here in Britain with your husband then you can always apply for a spouse visa. :)

6 month visit visa is way cheaper like Sir Joe said but Sir Peter's 2 year tourist visa multiple entry costs more than the short term visit visa.

Follow the link for the prices.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/philippines/fees1/?langname=UK%20English

rani
24th September 2013, 16:33
Yes, you need Schengen visa to visit other EU countries :smile:

sweet_mazza
27th September 2013, 03:15
Based on what you've outlined, why not consider a long-term family visit visa.
If you can secure one, you'll be allowed unlimited entry into the UK for the duration of the visa validity. You'd still be limited to a maximum of 6 months for each visit, but I doubt that will be any issue for you.

The application fee will be slightly more, but would save you the time and extra expense of multiple Visa applications.

Food for thought..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you so much Terpe. Ill consider this long-term visit visa. So I can visit him anytime i wanted without re-application.

sweet_mazza
27th September 2013, 11:00
Hiya! On your situation at the moment I would suggest visit visa since you are working in Manila. In any case if you are ready to leave your job and move on with your life here in Britain with your husband then you can always apply for a spouse visa. :)

6 month visit visa is way cheaper like Sir Joe said but Sir Peter's 2 year tourist visa multiple entry costs more than the short term visit visa.

Follow the link for the prices.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/philippines/fees1/?langname=UK%20English

Thank you dear

joebloggs
27th September 2013, 13:11

not sure if you would get a 2yr one on your first application for a VV, has anyone on here :Erm:

Terpe
27th September 2013, 13:32
not sure if you would get a 2yr one on your first application for a VV, has anyone on here :Erm:

With our help my bro-in-law got a 5 years family visit visa.
I would imagine as a spouse with appropriate and valid reasons and supporting evidence probably would be OK.
I would want to bet anything on visit visa. Some folks I know without any job and still living with their parents get one everytime they apply.......other with good jobs have been denied.......:doh
Can't find any logical approach to be honest....but then the cost is low.

sweet_mazza
1st October 2013, 02:27
hello friends,

my hubby told me to get the short term visit visa. as I will be there before Dec 2014 for good. (i just hope my employer can assign me to London before that or he can get another business trip here next year).

I will apply for a tourist visa for my Dec trip (hes expecting me to be there for Xmas and New Year) and apply for my spouse visa (settlement) next year.

Thank you guys for helping me with this. Youre such a blessing.

sweet_mazza
5th October 2013, 16:35
hello,

for the Schengen visa, will i need to apply it here (Manila) or in UK?
Most of my stay is in London, but for the New Year we will be going to Paris. So ill be coming from UK going to Paris.

Thank you

rani
5th October 2013, 16:58
Schengen visa must be applied in Manila :smile:

sweet_mazza
5th October 2013, 17:08
Schengen visa must be applied in Manila :smile:

Thank you Rani

sweet_mazza
7th October 2013, 16:54
Hello Again Friends,

My passport (unmarried Status) is still valid until Feb 2018. I read some link on the net that I can still use it to apply for my visa (family short term visit). Is it true?

Thank you

raynaputi
7th October 2013, 18:13
Hello Again Friends,

My passport (unmarried Status) is still valid until Feb 2018. I read some link on the net that I can still use it to apply for my visa (family short term visit). Is it true?

Thank you

Yes you can still use it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweet_mazza
8th October 2013, 10:13
Yes you can still use it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you. for the short term visit. Is it the form VAF1B should I use? Thanks

sweet_mazza
14th October 2013, 08:03
Hello Guys,

Preparing the documents for my Visit Visa application. I checked the list of requirements again and its also stated to have itinerary already. Does it mean I need to book plane tickets now? Or wait until the visa got approved. Thank you

Terpe
14th October 2013, 14:25
Hello Guys,

Preparing the documents for my Visit Visa application. I checked the list of requirements again and its also stated to have itinerary already. Does it mean I need to book plane tickets now? Or wait until the visa got approved. Thank you

Don't book any tickets (well unless you can cancel without penalty) until your visa has been approved.

In connection with an itinerary, you'll need to provide some detail on your accommodation arrangements and any travel plans during the duration of your visit.
Most important will be showing that reasons to return home outweigh reasons to stay here.

Good Luck.

sweet_mazza
18th October 2013, 03:23
Don't book any tickets (well unless you can cancel without penalty) until your visa has been approved.

In connection with an itinerary, you'll need to provide some detail on your accommodation arrangements and any travel plans during the duration of your visit.
Most important will be showing that reasons to return home outweigh reasons to stay here.

Good Luck.

Noted Terpe. Thank you.

sweet_mazza
24th October 2013, 13:02
Hello,

Need your advice again guys, just got our authenticated copy of marriage and im almost done gathering documents for my visit vusa. However, im checking UKBA and i just saw it that application shoukd be 3months before travel dates... Its almost November now and our plan is to celebrate Xmas and New Year together and with his family in UK.

Is there any other way we can do? Feeling kinda sad and depressed now
:smileybigangry::Bricks:

raynaputi
24th October 2013, 13:58
Hello,

Need your advice again guys, just got our authenticated copy of marriage and im almost done gathering documents for my visit vusa. However, im checking UKBA and i just saw it that application shoukd be 3months before travel dates... Its almost November now and our plan is to celebrate Xmas and New Year together and with his family in UK.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful. If you are not bothered about the extra cost, then might as well try this priority visa service.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/philippines/vfs-services/?langname=UK%20English (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/philippines/vfs-services/?langname=UK%20English)

sweet_mazza
24th October 2013, 16:03
Hi,

It says:

You can apply for your visa using this service if you are:
a business visitor, your spouse and children accompanying you will also be accepted, if they also pay the priority service fee;
a general visitor or a family visitor who has travelled in the previous 5 years to the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or a country in the Schengen area. Your spouse and children accompanying you will also be accepted, regardless of their previous travel, if they also pay the priority service fee. When travelling to the above countries, you must have complied with the terms of their entry conditions - if you have been refused by any of these countries following your most recent travel, you will not qualify for the priority service;
a seafarer applying to join a ship in the UK. You must hold a seafarers identity document (seaman's book);

--I've never travelled to UK before. :(

Terpe
24th October 2013, 19:42
Hello,

As Prime Minister David Cameron once said "Calm down dear" :icon_lol:

UKBA rules are that you can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. Means you cannot apply more than 3 months advance but you can apply less than 3months.
The vast majority of decisions take between 10-15 working days.
Only those applications which are not straightforward may take a little longer.

sweet_mazza
25th October 2013, 14:10
As Prime Minister David Cameron once said "Calm down dear" :icon_lol:

UKBA rules are that you can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. Means you cannot apply more than 3 months advance but you can apply less than 3months.
The vast majority of decisions take between 10-15 working days.
Only those applications which are not straightforward may take a little longer.

Thank you Terpe. hihi.