PDA

View Full Version : Hi folks,... from the rolling hills of Scotland..

jonnyivy
19th October 2013, 23:30
Firstly,..a big thanks to this forum, superb to get some great info earlier tonight from the members.
I'm John,... born and bred up in the rolling hills of Scotland,.. a kilt wearing 6ft meat-eater at 53 years old.
I,ve been married to my Filipina wife for 8 years now,( our anniversary is coming up on 31st October). We have lived happily her in UK together for 9 years after bringing my wife over on the Fiancee visa, and having 2 beautiful little kids together,..6 and 3 years old.
I've been over to Cebu about 15 times now, and our kids have been about 4 times too. We have a house there in the province, not far from the beach, and holiday there mostly every year at the back end of the year as I'm a landscape gardener by trade and work kinda dries up for me about now as the season is past it's best.
Hopefully I will have some help to offer other members too regarding life in The Philippines..

Good to be here, and thanks,

Jonny

gWaPito
19th October 2013, 23:35
:Hellooo:Welcome here, Jonny:xxgrinning--00xx3:

anvee
20th October 2013, 09:15
Welcome! Oh it is our dream to go to Cebu someday! We're still trying to make networks there as it is better to know someone from there especially if they speak different dialect! Enjoy the forum!

Terpe
20th October 2013, 09:26
Hello Jonny, glad to welcome you to Filipino UK :welcomex:

Pleased to learn you already gained some valuable information. We have a very diverse active membership who are always happy to share their opinions and experiences.
Plenty here will be eager to follow your experiences too.

Hope you'll stay around :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th October 2013, 09:41
hi there jonny, welcome, wow it looks like you are living mine and maybe many more members dream:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnyivy
20th October 2013, 10:01
Thanks for the welcome folks,..

Sunday mornings usually mean a few hours browsing the internet, so I'll get a wee look over the forum and try to get the hang of the place.
No doubt my wife will be serving some coffee soon,..bless her,...I never ask for anything but get so much attention from her,....sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I hadn't met her by chance all those years ago.
I never got married when I was at the 'normal' age ,..like my friends who took the plunge in their early 20's,..had kids ,rented a house etc..... Not for me ,..I just wanted to work , travel and have my freedom.
Thank goodness I waited !,...I've now done almost everything I wanted to do in life,...and now I have a very lovely Filipina wife and 2 gorgeous kids to make my life complete....

Jonny

Terpe
20th October 2013, 10:31
That's a familiar storyline to me Jonny :icon_lol::icon_lol:
I wasn't even looking for a relationship, much too happy with job and travel...... but a first meeting of eyes sealed my fate :wink:

Nothings been the same since.

Yours is a nice story and you're lucky to have children in your life............what a joy they are.

irishman12
20th October 2013, 14:31
hi johnny -welcome, hope to be able to chat you sometime

Arthur Little
20th October 2013, 22:58
Jonny ... as you can see to the left of my post, I'm living "on the doorstep" of some of Scotland's finest scenery. :Hellooo:

That's a very interesting introduction of yours ... it's clear the lifestyle you enjoy so much now, has been well~worth waiting for! :smile:

:welcomex:

sars_notd_virus
20th October 2013, 23:07
Firstly,..a big thanks to this forum, superb to get some great info earlier tonight from the members.
I'm John,... born and bred up in the rolling hills of Scotland,.. a kilt wearing 6ft meat-eater at 53 years old.
I,ve been married to my Filipina wife for 8 years now,( our anniversary is coming up on 31st October). We have lived happily her in UK together for 9 years after bringing my wife over on the Fiancee visa, and having 2 beautiful little kids together,..6 and 3 years old.
I've been over to Cebu about 15 times now, and our kids have been about 4 times too. We have a house there in the province, not far from the beach, and holiday there mostly every year at the back end of the year as I'm a landscape gardener by trade and work kinda dries up for me about now as the season is past it's best.
Hopefully I will have some help to offer other members too regarding life in The Philippines..

Good to be here, and thanks,

Jonny

Welcome to the forum Jonny !!
very nice introduction and happy to read successful fil-brit relationship stories..9years!! woooww!! ...keep the love alive!!:heartshape1:

Rosie1958
31st October 2013, 06:22
Great Introduction, Jonny and congratulations to you both on your wedding anniversary today! Welcome to the forum and I look forward to reading more of your posts :xxgrinning--00xx3:

highlander01
1st November 2013, 11:33
nice to have another scot here johnny. i'm off to cebu next month looking for what you have! enjoy the forum - lots of nice people here........!