PDA

View Full Version : Can we submit scanned documents?

tinzky19
20th October 2013, 23:47
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. I'm going to apply for a visit visa end of this month. Is it ok to submit scanned documents along with my application. We are pushed for time and I just need paylips and bank statements for the last 2 months including the covering letter. The rest of docs are original. Will they honor scanned docs?

Thanks very much!

blessed_ekim0826
21st October 2013, 07:38
I think you need to submit original documents and the photocopy of it.

Terpe
21st October 2013, 19:13
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. I'm going to apply for a visit visa end of this month. Is it ok to submit scanned documents along with my application. We are pushed for time and I just need paylips and bank statements for the last 2 months including the covering letter. The rest of docs are original. Will they honor scanned docs?

Thanks very much!

Despite the increased use of online facilities and 'paperless' activity, UKBA still state that evidential documents should be original.

I understand it's a pain, and I do know quite a few folks who have been given an unecessarily tough time with their banks when securing statements.

That said I also know quite a few folks who have submitted scanned documents which have not been questioned by UKBA.

I am all for full compliance and minimising risks when it comes to UKBA so my personal advice is to always use originals.
If it's just not possible then a clear and concise explanation needs to be given why it's not possible and why UKBA should accept what you've sent. But then you must also then accept the associated risk that they may not agree/accept.

As an aside, I've never known a visa refusal on the basis of not providing original documentation........not that I'm trying to tip the scales but it's probably worth the small risks and costs associated with Visit Visa application.

Good Luck and hope you'll keep us updated