PDA

View Full Version : Filling in Set (M) Form - Help!

babytoad
23rd October 2013, 21:55
Hello all

I came across this site while googling for info on how to correctly fill in the visa form without resorting to an agent. I hope to get your feedback and assistance speedily.

My appointment at the PEO is on 21 Nov 2013. I need all the help I can get to fill in the form correctly. My problem is Section 3 - Children Under 18. I do not have any and is applying for the ILR for myself. My husband is British and has 1 son who is 16. Question 3.3 states "Does your partner have any children liing in the UK from a previous relationship"?. To which I should answer YES? Also 3.6 is pursuant to answering YES to 3.1.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Salamat.

sars_notd_virus
23rd October 2013, 22:57
Hello all

I came across this site while googling for info on how to correctly fill in the visa form without resorting to an agent. I hope to get your feedback and assistance speedily.

My appointment at the PEO is on 21 Nov 2013. I need all the help I can get to fill in the form correctly. My problem is Section 3 - Children Under 18. I do not have any and is applying for the ILR for myself. My husband is British and has 1 son who is 16. Question 3.3 states "Does your partner have any children liing in the UK from a previous relationship"?. To which I should answer YES? Also 3.6 is pursuant to answering YES to 3.1.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Salamat.

Hi Welcome to the forum

..you have to read the guidance notes before filling the (set M) form.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/guidesetm0420091.pdf

... as it states on the form (Section 3) ''You are required to provide details of any children under 18 who are living with you in the UK, and who are applying for indefinite leave to remain as your dependants.''

thanks and good luck

babytoad
24th October 2013, 18:24
Hi

Thanks for your reply.
I have read & re-read the guidance notes. They certainly dont make them easy to decipher. I have actually filled in that part and I hope that if it's not required, they wont penalise me for doing so...:cwm25:

Regards
Serena

raynaputi
24th October 2013, 19:25
I just checked the form and I don't think you need to answer Section 3, since you don't have a child that will apply with you (???). Others will correct me if I'm wrong.

babytoad
24th October 2013, 19:55
Hi Raynaputi

My initial thought was precisely like yours. But, like I said, they don't make the forms easy to understand.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ybba
24th October 2013, 20:17
Hi babytoad,

may I ask when did you booked your appointment and was it difficult to get a schedule?

babytoad
25th October 2013, 07:15
Hi ybba

I have booked it for 21 Nov 2013. It will give you a few options to choose from. One thing you must be aware of is that you need to book weeks in advance.