PDA

View Full Version : Marriage or Fiance Visa

stuartfarm
27th September 2007, 09:10
Can any one out there advise me

Is it better to marry my Phil GF first in the Phills then apply for Marriage visa or is it better to apply for Fiance Visa the get married in UK

I'm confused as many people only seem to chat about Fiance visa

If I get married in Phills ( what my GF and I really want ) is there a set time period before we can apply / get Marriage ( Settlement) visa

LadyJ
27th September 2007, 09:19
I advise you to get married in the Phils because this is the easiest & cheapest way to get a settlement visa.

Mrs Daddy
27th September 2007, 09:30
I agree with LadyJ,try browsing spouse visa...:)

charlwill
27th September 2007, 09:31
Can any one out there advise me

Is it better to marry my Phil GF first in the Phills then apply for Marriage visa or is it better to apply for Fiance Visa the get married in UK

I'm confused as many people only seem to chat about Fiance visa

If I get married in Phills ( what my GF and I really want ) is there a set time period before we can apply / get Marriage ( Settlement) visa
getting married in the Phils is good and you an apply a spouse visa soon as the marriage contract authenticated by the NSO.

joebloggs
27th September 2007, 13:25
i got married in Puerto Princesa in the phlippines, didn't cost much :xxgrinning--00xx3:, was a great day, and later applied for a spouse visa.

aromulus
27th September 2007, 14:22
Jet and I, married in Cebu in February.

The only real hassle was to get the Marriage Certificate Authenticated by the NSO.
After that, it was a doddle, so to speak.
While we were waiting for the certificate, she attended the FCO Seminar for a couple of hours, so she could change her name on the passport.
All in all, we waited 7 weeks for our Family Permit.
A little over the top, I dare say, but cannot complain.

I strongly recommend marriage in the Philippines, as your wife's family would miss a very important event otherwise.
You can always go through another ceremony overhere, to appease your own family.

peterj1961
27th September 2007, 17:49
thanks for this advice aromulus ,get married in cebu in 4 weeks time then will look to apply for the spouse visa, what is the fco seminar please advise

andypaul
27th September 2007, 20:16
thanks for this advice aromulus ,get married in cebu in 4 weeks time then will look to apply for the spouse visa, what is the fco seminar please advise

I think Dom po meant CFO

aromulus
27th September 2007, 20:28
I think Dom po meant CFO

Bloody typos............:NoNo:

aromulus
27th September 2007, 21:03

First of all, congratulations. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

The CFO Seminar.

Every Filipino/a, leaving the country, is obliged to attend the induction.
Because without the certificate and sticker validating the passport, they will not be allowed to get through immigration.
Nothing arduous at all, just for your wife to be there for a few hours, listen to the lectures, watch some documentaries on life abroad, answer a couple of questions, etc.
It is not an examination, but the dispensing of valuable basic information. The only hassle will be the queueing up early in the morning.... To make sure of your place.
But I think that you can make appointments now and reserve a spot.
Correct me if I am wrong, girls....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_cebu.htm

Here you go, try this link.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Incidentally, where are you getting married in Cebu?

All the best.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Dom

peterj1961
27th September 2007, 22:21
getting married in civil court in front of judge, all arranged, then a family celebration at sarosa hotel, lots of baboy to eat, thanks for the info

karlfinno
24th October 2007, 20:44
i was granted to have a visa last month of MAY i applied for a marriage visa.but me and my boyfriend is not yet marriage and my visa will expired on november 17,what should i do?

karlfinno
24th October 2007, 20:48
and i am 5 months pregnant i am going back to phillipines on november 12 to renew my visa,me and my boyfriend we are planning to get maaried after i give birth,am i able to renew my visa or no?pls anyone there to give me advice?

Bridget
24th October 2007, 22:06
Hi Karlfinno,
If you came to UK with a visit visa, you have to go back to the Philippines before your visa expired. You said, that you and your bf are planning to get married after you give birth, theres no problem with that. After you get married in the Philippines you can then apply for a spouse visa. You said you will go back to the Phils to renew your visa, If you plan to come back to UK as a visitor you can apply again for a visit visa ten days after you`ve arrived Manila. If you plan get married in the UK then you have to apply for a fiancee visa. About your question about renewing your visa, you can not renew your visa in the UK if its only a visit visa, you have to go back to the Philippines to apply again either for a visit or fiancee or spouse visa if you will get married in the Phils.

karlfinno
25th October 2007, 05:15
:):xxgrinning--00xx3:hi brigett that was my girlfriend aira who posted those messages earlier. :doh What she was trying to say was she allready is here in uk on a fiancee settlement visa,& we should have been married before the 6 months of her visa expires. we still intend to get married but after she has the baby.:omg: Do you or any 1 on this site know how we can renew her visa or can give us any advice on what to do:Help1:

Bridget
25th October 2007, 05:58
Hi Karlfinno,
I hope this help
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018696631238#Q15

vbkelly
25th October 2007, 11:56
:):xxgrinning--00xx3:hi brigett that was my girlfriend aira who posted those messages earlier. :doh What she was trying to say was she allready is here in uk on a fiancee settlement visa,& we should have been married before the 6 months of her visa expires. we still intend to get married but after she has the baby.:omg: Do you or any 1 on this site know how we can renew her visa or can give us any advice on what to do:Help1:

hi if your gf holding a fiancee visa and your not getting married within visa's expiry date she need to return in philipines.if you want to marry her in the philippines after she give birth thats better and you can apply a spouse visa for her

KeithD
25th October 2007, 12:22
If you have not overstayed your fiancee visa, write to the authorities TODAY (that means NOW, send recorded). Explain IN DETAIL to them why you cannot get married within the 6 months, and the EXACT date you will be getting married.

Rarely do they extend, but they did with me due to medical reasons, if you have a letter from the GP stating pregnancy complications, or something, they will probably extend, but no more than a month or two.

If you have no reason other than can't be :action-smiley-081:, she has to go home......and they will want to know why you lied to them in the first place to get a 6 month visa. Easiest thing then is to marry in the Phil.

Why do people complicate such simple things? :doh

andypaul
25th October 2007, 18:56
If you have still a month can you not apply to get married asap you may just squeeze it in.

If im not nosey why is the reason you can't marry, while pregant?

A lot of us had to alter our plans for our weddings due to logistically problems or what have you. It may not be the ideal signing of the paperwork cermony, but sometimes needs must.

TO make matters easier we had cvil wedding with Blessing afterwards by my Wifes Lolas vicar which was very moving and great for the weddings photos.
Im sure the bloke up in the sky will not be offended.

KeithD
25th October 2007, 19:46
In legal terms, you were given the visa on the understanding you got married. Failure to abide by what you have agreed is not the best way to get the immigration to look positively at any applications in the future. They may be refused.

jmlbp
27th October 2007, 20:57
hi people!!pls i need all ur help or advise pls.

am here in UK for tourist visa and will expired on 5th of december.but now am pregnant,we decided with my partner that better if i go home in philippines soon and apply other visa,is it fiance visa?coz he wants me to go back and give birth here in UK.

all i ask if its possible or easy to get another visa thu my previous visa is not done yet?

thanks guys!in advance

andypaul
27th October 2007, 21:11
As well as Visa advice you may need to seek medical advice. How far pregant are you at the moment?

Also how pregnat would you be if you get the visa say in a few months time. Both Airlines and of course your self may not be happy for you to fly if to pregant.

If you already have one type of visa you can apply for another as far as i know.

jmlbp
27th October 2007, 21:24
hi andypaul!

am 4 months pregnant now.and plan to go home this coming week so that on 1st week of november can send visa application.my partner said better soon so that can go back here as soon i can get a visa,think it takes 2 months if granted.so am 6 months preggy that time and still can travel they said.i supposed have schedule for my second scan on november but cancel it coz really need go home.

jmlbp
27th October 2007, 21:26
but what am scared of if the embassy give me other visa or grant me coz it cost £5OO FOR VISA FEE.its much already ,so i need to be sure first.:(

kimmi
28th October 2007, 01:15
hi jmblp, i wonder why u are scared if the embassy grant u a fiancee visa?:Erm::Erm:
everybody here, including me who lodge their application really hope and pray to have it..:Brick:

yes the visa fee has increased already from £260 to £500..:NoNo::doh

joyce
28th October 2007, 05:53
but what am scared of if the embassy give me other visa or grant me coz it cost £5OO FOR VISA FEE.its much already ,so i need to be sure first.:(

If you will apply for a fiancee visa you have to pay 500 (P47,500.00). Don't be scared as long as you have complete documents. Some of the member in this forum they got their visa within 6 weeks, don't wait to go home until your visa will expire, better to go home earlier so that you have still time to lodge your application and if it takes only 6 weeks for your visa to be process then you can go back in the UK without hassle.

jmlbp
28th October 2007, 12:56
hi kimmi and joyce!! thanks sa reply....

will both take ur advise..will go home this coming week and hope can go back here before xmas :)

andypaul
28th October 2007, 18:02
hi kimmi and joyce!! thanks sa reply....

will both take ur advise..will go home this coming week and hope can go back here before xmas :)

Good luck with the application

adam&chryss
18th November 2007, 15:49
Hi everybody
I`m after some advice....
I`ll be going back to phil in feb to apply for a fiancee visa with my fiancee.
Then we plan to get married in phil in may.
There are lots of posts here where people get fiancee visa and then get married in UK but nothing like our plans.
I wonder if this is possible or should we marry in phil first and then apply for spouse visa?
I`ve already booked my flight in feb and i can`t change that and of course i want to be with my fiancee when she applies for visa.
This is our preferred way to do it but i wonder if anyone has advice on whether its acceptable or not?

eula mackay
18th November 2007, 17:51
so you want to go to the phils to accompany your fiancee to apply for her/his visa, get married there in may and come to the uk together, is that correct?

if this is the case she/he wont be your fiancee anymore when you leave the phils, whether visa is granted or not, she/he then would be legally your spouse...

imagine coming through immigration on fiancee visa when you are already married to your sponsor...hmmm....tricky...

get married in the phils and apply for a spouse visa is my advice. i might be completely wrong on this....

calling ginapeterb....you are needed here.

andypaul
18th November 2007, 19:57
Hi everybody
There are lots of posts here where people get fiancee visa and then get married in UK but nothing like our plans.
I wonder if this is possible or should we marry in phil first and then apply for spouse visa?
I`ve already booked my flight in feb and i can`t change that and of course i want to be with my fiancee when she applies for visa.
This is our preferred way to do it but i wonder if anyone has advice on whether its acceptable or not?

So you plan to get finace visa then both fly back to the uk then two months later fly back to the phill to get married sounds logical enough but i would check if possible. Like eula says it may confuse passport control if your married when you enter on a finace visa. also maybe problems with proving your married as the NSO certificate takes a while to come though.

I would do some serious checking that this will not cause a problem somewhere along the line.

Personally I would go along the get married in phill and apply for spouse visa. It may take longer but less likely to cause possible problems.

That or get finacee visa have registry wedding here then sort paperwork for flr. Then go back to phill for a blessing so your now wifes family can celebrate in style.

gWaPito
19th November 2007, 02:42
Hi everybody

Hi 'adam&chryss'
My wife and I really did want to marry in Davao, get the spouse visa then jump on a plane back to the UK. It does not work like that. we could not bear the thought of getting married then being seperated for weeks or months before Gemma got her visa.
We applied March 5th 2007 for the fiancee visa and she got it on the april 23rd 2007.
We will be having a blessing this coming year in Davao.
Gemma has made a number of fillipina friends here in Swindon and some married in the Phillippines last year, they all had to wait a number of months before they got their visas, Im not saying thats the case for everybody but we and her family did'nt want to take that chance on our future happiness.
Imagine having a wonderful wedding then getting on a plane a few days or weeks down the line on your own!! not knowing when you will see your beloved again? sorry, it was'nt for us.
Good luck Adam and Chryss, we hope it all works out for you both

bigtombowski
19th November 2007, 02:48
i have heard about people who got spouse visa after 8 days (one member of this forum actually lol)

and
when mar and i wed in the phils, i plan to stay there for 3months
hopefully then, she can come back with me to the UK :D

T

kimmi
19th November 2007, 05:03
hi adam & chryss,

like some of our friends replied here, it is better that u decide wot kind of visa do u really want..

let take it this way, if u want to get married here in the Philippines on May 2008 its ok so ur fiancee's family and relatives can attend the occassion and then after preparing all the documents like the Marriage cert., passport ammendment and other things u can apply for a SPOUSE VISA..

but if u decided to get in the UK, u have to be sure u already book the wedding day in ur registry since it is one of the requiements on the FIANCEE VISA..

like in my case, we applied for my FIANCEE VISA last September 27, 2007 and after almost 6 weeks it was granted..We decided to get married there in the UK first because his dad is old enough to travel then maybe next year, GOD's will we will be having our Philippine marriage so all of my family and friends can attend the occassion..

so its up to u whatever kind of visa u think is appropriate in ur situation. Just make sure u followed all the documents needed and prepared everything, I am sure there will be no problem and ur fiancee can get her visa the soonest possible time..

Goodluck and GOD Bless..:)

Kimmi

aromulus
19th November 2007, 09:19
i have heard about people who got spouse visa after 8 days (one member of this forum actually lol)

and

T

Obtaining a visa within 8 days from application is feasible, just matter of luck and lack of applicants before yours is processed.

The only hitch that I see is the waiting time for the Marriage Certificate to be returned from the NSO.
If you don't follow up it can take a life time.

We waited 4 months just for that, our misfortune was that lots of government employees were drafted in to help for the Elections, and lots of public buildings were turned into polling stations.

Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
19th November 2007, 16:30

and

T

I wish you luck LOL

bigtombowski
20th November 2007, 00:23
thank you :D

bigtombowski
20th November 2007, 00:23
i read on pete's website that someone had to wait for 13 months to get their visa!
i wonder why it was that long of a wait?

kimmi
20th November 2007, 00:57
maybe tom, some of the docs arent processed properly..or there's some docs u havent submitted yet..especially if u have annulment cases or divorce.

bigtombowski
20th November 2007, 01:03
ahhhh ... i am glad i don't need to worry about anulment or divorce
and my friend who got the 8 day visa said that her husband literally was on the phone for hours so he could fill every detail of the paperwork in properly!
hey mommi, u have started calling me tommi! have u disowned your "son"?? lol!

tom

andypaul
20th November 2007, 01:06
In the past like Dom mentions the amount of time to process the paperwork and apply for a visa can vary. Both due to Phill events and british events.

You could plan everything like we did down to the last detail and the Embassy will change the way the application is handled. It worked in out advantage but meant it cost us more money and if i had not been able to send paperwork out at a moment notice may have caused a delay.

The waiting time used to be on the website it was one of my first qs on here why it was so high, but at other times it was a matter of a few weeks.

So make sure your flexible and not dependant on things happening smoothly.

kimmi
20th November 2007, 01:10
well I guess we're lucky on that part too, because I am still single and Clive's divorce absolute was done already since 2002..

of course not my only begotten son...he he he he

bigtombowski
20th November 2007, 01:24
hehe, after reading pete's website, i budgeted on about 6 months waiting time, then i talked to many who got their visas a LOT sooner ... like arom's wife - 7 weeks, Louella and Iain- 5 weeks, and Wynna - 8 days ... but i plan to be there for about 3 months - if i can - whilst ladystarfish and i get married so i hope by that time the visa department will have been convinced that she deserves a visa and we can share a plane home to our new life

but
i am flexible

coz i know, no matter what, mar and i will spend forever together and that's what matters :D

tom

andypaul
20th November 2007, 08:19
You may need to ensure the stamp visa in the visa is for a date within 28 days of mars arrival afterwise you will have an flr to pay for in two years time.in my experience and what i read they normally stamp it on the day it is given which maybe a couple of days before its in your hands. If a later date is required stress in both cover letter and application. Flr and the ilr may rise further remeber its was free just a few years ago

joyce
20th November 2007, 13:03
Tom, if you will take with you all the documents which are needed I think Mar can go with you when you will be back in the UK. Usually you can get your marriage certificate from the NSO about a month, then Mar can have her CFO seminar. She can get her passport within a week then you can lodge your application. Like mine I got my visa 4 weeks and 4 days. So if you stay here for 3 months, if Mar's visa will be granted for a month you can fly together then back to UK.:BouncyHappy:

Durkhaima
20th November 2007, 15:53
To all Filipinas who are on a Fiancee Visa please get married before you get pregnant. If he says no to marriage say no to sex. Dont get the wrong idea that just because you are pregnant the UK government will let you stay here. It raises the question why did you not get married in the first place as this seem to be the intention of being granted a Fiancee Visa. There are too many Filipina that are left on their own to go back home and struggle bringing up a child borne out of wedlock.

bigtombowski
20th November 2007, 16:11
Tom, if you will take with you all the documents which are needed I think Mar can go with you when you will be back in the UK. Usually you can get your marriage certificate from the NSO about a month, then Mar can have her CFO seminar. She can get her passport within a week then you can lodge your application. Like mine I got my visa 4 weeks and 4 days. So if you stay here for 3 months, if Mar's visa will be granted for a month you can fly together then back to UK.:BouncyHappy:

wow thanks joyce
u made my day :D:D:D yay

andypaul
20th November 2007, 19:52
But Tom if your cover letter is the same length as the total of all your posts in an avg day on here then it may take the eco a few days longer to read and digest it.