PDA

View Full Version : Britain must say 'no' to eastern European immigrants, says Cameron

joebloggs
28th October 2013, 14:21
he wants, but can do nothing about it :doh

The Prime Minister wants the UK to start turning away hardworking eastern European immigrants who take British jobs

read more here .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10409062/Britain-must-say-no-to-eastern-European-immigrants-says-Cameron.html

Terpe
28th October 2013, 14:32
Eastern European workers are everywhere....in all jobs and at all job grades/levels.
How come they can so easily secure a job ? Please don't anyone come up with that old chestnut about working for below minimum wages...I just don't buy that one.

Must be something else.

joebloggs
28th October 2013, 14:35
not minimum wage but cash in hand and free accommodation ( a room shared with 6 other guys :cwm24:)

gWaPito
28th October 2013, 14:40
Eastern European workers are everywhere....in all jobs and at all job grades/levels.
How come they can so easily secure a job ? Please don't anyone come up with that old chestnut about working for below minimum wages...I just don't buy that one.

Must be something else.

Yep :xxgrinning--00xx3:..totally agree

gWaPito
28th October 2013, 14:43
not minimum wage but cash in hand and free accommodation ( a room shared with 6 other guys :cwm24:)

Not where I work....no cash in hand either...we got a lot of couples working here too...young and old...it's a family affair

lordna
28th October 2013, 14:46
Mr Cameron said that "you can't blame" the immigrants but Britain must do more to ensure people leave school with good qualifications and don't spend their lives on benefits.

So what has his government done to ensure kids leave school with good qualifications since May 2010? Oh Sorry that's only nearly 4 years ago!

Dedworth
28th October 2013, 14:46
A joke - so according to Cameron all these workers from Poland, Lithuania and Latvia staffing our factories are highly qualified :laugher:

Terpe
28th October 2013, 14:52

Sorry, don't buy that either.....most of the reputable companies don't operate like that.
Besides, those in supervisory and management positions wouldn't either.

Dedworth
28th October 2013, 15:00
Cameron made these comments at the Mini plant in Oxford where an ill educated, British, junkie ex employee wandered back in and nicked 4 new motors :laugher::laugher:

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/10753369.Former_Mini_employee_stole_four_cars_in_a_day_from_plant/?ref=ar

gWaPito
28th October 2013, 15:11
A joke - so according to Cameron all these workers from Poland, Lithuania and Latvia staffing our factories are highly qualified :laugher:

He's out of touch on this one :NoNo:

Terpe
28th October 2013, 15:35
Cameron made these comments at the Mini plant in Oxford where an ill educated, British, junkie ex employee wandered back in and nicked 4 new motors :laugher::laugher:

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/10753369.Former_Mini_employee_stole_four_cars_in_a_day_from_plant/?ref=ar

91 previous convictions ............ say no more :cwm23:

Dedworth
28th October 2013, 16:10
91 previous convictions ............ say no more :cwm23:

You wonder how he got to work at an outfit like BMW - I suppose he was a subby or agency as he obviously hasn't got the PHD in Astro Physics needed to work in a factory

Arthur Little
28th October 2013, 18:06
Mr Cameron said that "you can't blame" the immigrants but Britain must do more to ensure people leave school with good qualifications and don't spend their lives on benefits.

read more here .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10409062/Britain-must-say-no-to-eastern-European-immigrants-says-Cameron.html

Nor can you blame the school leavers :nono-1-1: ... qualifications count for bugger all , when there're NO jobs to be had!

Arthur Little
28th October 2013, 19:15
So what has his government done to ensure kids leave school with good qualifications since May 2010? Oh Sorry that's only nearly 4 years ago!

Well ... :anerikke: ... as I mentioned in my previous post ... what :cwm24: blinkin' use are qualifications - especially vocational ones (good or otherwise) if there simply ain't gonna be [relevant] work there for able young folk (or ANYONE else, for that matter!) in the first place? :doh

Arthur Little
28th October 2013, 19:46
Well ... :anerikke: ... as I mentioned in my previous post ... what :cwm24: blinkin' use are qualifications - especially vocational ones (good or otherwise) if there simply ain't gonna be [relevant] work there for able young folk (or ANYONE else, for that matter!) in the first place? :doh

:iagree:, though ... that a 'good education' is never [usually] wasted. Certainly it CAN be a significant morale booster in terms of instilling its recipients with a greater measure of self-confidence. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
28th October 2013, 20:46
we had this chap from Poland working for us part time and within a few months he was gone but a few months later he came back with others who wanted work, he turned out to be their manager, they went to him and he found them work, they paid him a cut and everyone was happy,,

grahamw48
29th October 2013, 00:39
They may be the best workers and the nicest people in the world, but that's not the point is it ?

We have a lot of good kids of our own looking for work in their HOME country, as well as a future here. :NoNo:

gWaPito
29th October 2013, 01:34
They may be the best workers and the nicest people in the world, but that's not the point is it ?

We have a lot of good kids of our own looking for work in their HOME country, as well as a future here. :NoNo:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
29th October 2013, 02:03

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Well said.

I think in a lot of cases they do the job cheaper. Gwaps was only telling us last week that his company now use EE agency workers who do his job for considerably less than him.
I think that how they've done so well in the building trade as well. Live in digs and undercut the British workers.

jake
29th October 2013, 05:07
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Gwaps was only telling us last week that his company now use EE agency workers who do his job for considerably less than him.

If i remember correctly he also said there salary was around 24k pa.
Why aren't British born workers snapping up these jobs? :Erm: