PDA

View Full Version : Christmas flights booked - PAL

Trefor
5th November 2013, 12:42
Well the price kept increasing daily and the UK temperature keeps dropping... so we bit the bullet and booked our Christmas hols. I'm thinking of a side trip and driving down to the Bicol/SE Luzon area. Any recommendation for a nice beachy type resort?

I paid for exit row seats both ways. I'm 193cm, so quite tall. I want to feel my legs at the end of the flight.

Does PAL LHR/MNL really take 14/15 hours? Hong Kong was only around 11.5-12 last time we went that route with Cathay.

RickyR
5th November 2013, 13:18
I suspect they add a little leeway for delays to ensure they don't get fined for delays in the UK.

We are hoping that PAL will start from Muscat in the near future, due to start early next year.

Trefor
5th November 2013, 13:22
That's what I think too, the flights I take rarely leave LHR on time - usually +20-30 mins mincing around taxiing.

As much as I love Muscat I suspect there are busier routes for PAL to add, but maybe slot availability and the fact that OMAC is trying to build itself as a connecting hub may swing it for PAL.

SimonH
5th November 2013, 14:09
A flights departure time is the time the plane leaves the terminal, not what time it is airborne, so irrelevant of it taking 14 hours, 16 hours or a month, fines will only be levied against departure times :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
5th November 2013, 16:37
Does PAL LHR/MNL really take 14/15 hours? Hong Kong was only around 11.5-12 last time we went that route with Cathay.

That's the normal flying time from London to HK..11.30mins, then a couple of hours between flights and 1.30 mins approx to Manila. Bit longer coming home, always our preferred route.:xxgrinning--00xx3: