PDA

View Full Version : tornado in cebu

irishman12
5th November 2013, 19:06
For some folks in barangay Tingo, Olango, an island across Mactan, Cebu, the tornado that hit their place at around 7:30 p.m. on November 4, 2013 was like “the end of the world.”

“Na times two akong trauma (I was traumatized twice),” Risa Dano, a 40 years old woman recounted her harrowing experience with a tornado.

She could not help describe it as some sort of apocalyptic because, the nature’s fury happened just more than two weeks after a 7.2 magnitude earthquake jolted Cebu and Bohol and some parts of the Visayas on Oct. 15. http://tenminutes.ph/tornado-that-hit-lapu-lapu-city-was-like-the-end-of-the-world/

andy222
5th November 2013, 22:04
Good report irishman scary.

tiger31
6th November 2013, 07:53
actually I am surprised there has,nt been much news about this because there was an awful lot of damage can you imigine tin sheets of metal whirling around all over the place decapitating people what a nightmare not many houses can withstand a tornado .I lived in lapu lapu for 2 years and never experienced any bad weather but after leaving an earthquake and a tornado come along lol .still got relatives in lapu lapu and nobody has reported any damage to us.

chrisincebu
6th November 2013, 15:32
actually I am surprised there has,nt been much news about this because there was an awful lot of damage can you imigine tin sheets of metal whirling around all over the place decapitating people what a nightmare not many houses can withstand a tornado .I lived in lapu lapu for 2 years and never experienced any bad weather but after leaving an earthquake and a tornado come along lol .still got relatives in lapu lapu and nobody has reported any damage to us.

We normally have the balcony doors open in the evenings. That night it was just a nice cool breeze from the rain coming through but all of a sudden there was such a howling wind and it was quite difficult to get the doors slid closed - it wasn't like the wind built up slowly or anything.
We didn't realise what it was until we saw a few images on the TV the next day describing a mini tornado, but like you say, nothing much else about it. Probably all eyes are looking East for the next biggy. Definitely shutting the doors and windows for that one. Being up on floor 24, it is probably wise.

tiger31
6th November 2013, 16:02
We normally have the balcony doors open in the evenings. That night it was just a nice cool breeze from the rain coming through but all of a sudden there was such a howling wind and it was quite difficult to get the doors slid closed - it wasn't like the wind built up slowly or anything.
We didn't realise what it was until we saw a few images on the TV the next day describing a mini tornado, but like you say, nothing much else about it. Probably all eyes are looking East for the next biggy. Definitely shutting the doors and windows for that one. Being up on floor 24, it is probably wise.
well at least you will have a birds eye view of all the action ,be safe anyway your right this is gonna be a biggy i,m in bacolod right under the eye if it stays the course that its on .

chrisincebu
6th November 2013, 16:08
and to you, stay safe over there in Bacolod. Bandila news footage already talking of Pre-emptive evacs, but only for those on the front line on the East.