PDA

View Full Version : Don't Panic - BBC Documentary

Jamesey
7th November 2013, 23:54
No, I'm not talking about Dad's Army, but the excellent documentary that was on BBC2 this evening. It follows on from the programmes on Japan and the Philippines.

Hans Rosling, a Swedish doctor and statistician gave a fascinating insight into the world population demographics. It may not sound like it should be top of your watch list, but it was the best thing I've seen on TV in ages.

Many myths and tabloid headlines were debunked and I found myself coming away feeling uplifted and optimistic about the future of the world.

It's on the BBC iplayer now and is essential viewing! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th November 2013, 00:11
I meant to watch it, but got racing on my Xbox instead. :cwm25:

gWaPito
8th November 2013, 00:23
No, I'm not talking about Dad's Army, but the excellent documentary that was on BBC2 this evening. It follows on from the programmes on Japan and the Philippines.

Hans Rosling, a Swedish doctor and statistician gave a fascinating insight into the world population demographics. It may not sound like it should be top of your watch list, but it was the best thing I've seen on TV in ages.

Many myths and tabloid headlines were debunked and I found myself coming away feeling uplifted and optimistic about the future of the world.

It's on the BBC iplayer now and is essential viewing! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll stick it on now...I finished work early again...Thanks Jamesey

I haven't given you a rep before...tonight's the night:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers
gWaps:biggrin:

Michael Parnham
8th November 2013, 08:14
Thanks Jamesey, will watch it today!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
8th November 2013, 08:24
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Caught it on BBC2 right after the programme about Manila.

Very interesting and yes Jamesey, it was a better picture than I'd thought anyway.

Great presentation skills, and nice techie graphics. Most enjoyable. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
9th November 2013, 12:29
Excellent Jamesey, really interesting and very enjoyable!:xxgrinning--00xx3: