PDA

View Full Version : where is fred

stevewool
11th November 2013, 22:05
has anyone heard from fred yet

gWaPito
11th November 2013, 22:12
I was under the impression Peter (Terpe) took a phone call from him...he's safe but without power??

Terpe
12th November 2013, 10:37
I was under the impression Peter (Terpe) took a phone call from him...he's safe but without power??

No....I've not had any phone call.........wish I had.
Bohol is having trouble getting power back.
They still hadn't restored all such uitilities since the earthquake.
We've had no contact from our family members in Bohol.

fred
12th November 2013, 11:00
I`m back!! For about another hour and then they turn off the power again..
Boheco electric company run our sector but all the power comes from..You guessed it.. Leyte!
We are borrowing power from Bohol light at the moment but only 4 hours a day..
No generators left to buy anywhere..Even in Cebu..Sold out.
I managed to get hold of a 1,200 watt power Inverter that I hook up to my car to run electric fans,the T.V and lights and perhaps the internet whilst there is a signal..
Bit of a nightmare as my 74 year old mother is arriving tomorrow after a year long plan to visit.. Headache or what!!
Still.. Its a minor inconvenience in comparison to what those in Leyte have experienced..
The typhoon was not an issue here on Panglao and no more than a signal number 2..
The "Typhoon" we are experiencing today is pretty much a mild tropical storm in our area..A lot more serious in Tacloban as it hampers the aid getting in I suspect..
Cheers,
Fred.

fred
12th November 2013, 11:05

The biggest problem Peter is when the power goes off the water stops.. The local fire department are filling up the locals buckets and bottles..
Hopefully now that we have 4 hours a day of power,it will give us enough time to collect water..
Another problem has been supplies of purified water.. Hopefully that will all start to get back to normal soon..

gWaPito
12th November 2013, 11:09

I've been watching the parents who lost their 3 children, sweep from their dad's arms http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2013/11/09/newday-dnt-philippines-typhoon-haiyan.cnn.html
Made me cry!! Hell, this is so sad.

I must of been confusing with the time of the quake Bohol took.

gWaPito
12th November 2013, 11:14
A relief to have you back Fred..safe and sound :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
12th November 2013, 11:15
I`m back!! For about another hour and then they turn off the power again..
Boheco electric company run our sector but all the power comes from..You guessed it.. Leyte!
We are borrowing power from Bohol light at the moment but only 4 hours a day..
No generators left to buy anywhere..Even in Cebu..Sold out.
I managed to get hold of a 1,200 watt power Inverter that I hook up to my car to run electric fans,the T.V and lights and perhaps the internet whilst there is a signal..
Bit of a nightmare as my 74 year old mother is arriving tomorrow after a year long plan to visit.. Headache or what!!
Still.. Its a minor inconvenience in comparison to what those in Leyte have experienced..
The typhoon was not an issue here on Panglao and no more than a signal number 2..
The "Typhoon" we are experiencing today is pretty much a mild tropical storm in our area..A lot more serious in Tacloban as it hampers the aid getting in I suspect..
Cheers,
Fred.
That's the spirit, Fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Glad my rep helped with your well deserved silver star

grahamw48
12th November 2013, 11:19
Glad to hear you and family are ok Fred ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
12th November 2013, 11:28
A relief to have you back Fred..safe and sound :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Seconded :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
12th November 2013, 11:33
Glad to hear the news Fred - I didn't realise you lived on Panglao I think I bought a T shirt there when wife and I went a cave there in 2009 :smile:

Doc Alan
12th November 2013, 12:18
Like every other member I'm glad to read that you and your family are safe Fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Michael Parnham
12th November 2013, 12:20
Very pleased your ok Fred!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
12th November 2013, 12:37
Thanks Guys!! Its nice to know I have friends in the UK and the R.P that wonder where I am!! Means a lot!!
Thanks..
Bloody hell!! That elusive Silver star at last!! Thanks for tipping the balance Gwaps!!
I was about to give it a good kick!!:icon_lol:
No need now.

fred
12th November 2013, 12:39
Glad to hear the news Fred - I didn't realise you lived on Panglao I think I bought a T shirt there when wife and I went a cave there in 2009 :smile:

Hinagdanan cave??
5 mins walk from us!!

tiger31
12th November 2013, 12:40
:xxgrinning--00xx3: we were gettin worried for a moment freddy boy .I have just got back on the internet been off for 24 hours not sure why as everything my end is normal ,still getting power cuts every day tho

Michael Parnham
12th November 2013, 12:43
:xxgrinning--00xx3: we were gettin worried for a moment freddy boy .I have just got back on the internet been off for 24 hours not sure why as everything my end is normal ,still getting power cuts every day tho

It's time you and Fred got together, don't you think? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
12th November 2013, 12:47

Good to know you weathered the Storm Tiger!!
We just got temporary power back today..About 4 O'clock..
Expecting it to go out any minute now..
sodding electric!!
Next year Im gonna try to get off the grid and go solar..(might be the year after) It`ll cost a few bob but well worth the independance IMO..

Dedworth
12th November 2013, 12:51
Hinagdanan cave??
5 mins walk from us!!

I guess it must've been ! can't tell from the t shirt it's like this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qDWAZSDdU9o/UN-ssi6dwAI/AAAAAAAABZI/OCF6qJ4ztp4/s1600/DSC09497.jpg

raynaputi
12th November 2013, 13:19
Glad that Fred and Brian are safe. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hoping the other members' relatives and families in the Visayas region are all safe too.

fred
12th November 2013, 13:46

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qDWAZSDdU9o/UN-ssi6dwAI/AAAAAAAABZI/OCF6qJ4ztp4/s1600/DSC09497.jpg

I think I bought a T shirt there when wife and I went a cave there in 2009 :smile:

:icon_lol:... Nice one!

tiger31
12th November 2013, 14:45

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
12th November 2013, 14:58
Glad to hear from you Fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Relieved that all is well for all you folks on Bohol and that you and the family are all safe.
I'd guessed it was a power issue.

stevewool
12th November 2013, 20:52
glad to know all is well for you , well as well as it could be,

stevewool
12th November 2013, 20:52
and congrats for the silver star too:xxgrinning--00xx3: