PDA

View Full Version : Stuff from Phils

Shifty-Sidney
30th September 2007, 12:36
Hi all,:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I will shortly be bringing a container from Fils, probably on a regular basis. Is there anything you particularly like and would want to get here in UK. (no balut please). i cannot see any problem with bringing packaged foods and nuts etc. anything that will not spoil. If you have any ideas or suggestions let me know. I know there are pinoy stores online. just wondering if i can use the extra space for something.

Pepe n Pilar
30th September 2007, 12:40
Hi Mark... Ok may i please know the basis of the charges? Will it be based on per gram, per kilo or ???? Thanks

Shifty-Sidney
30th September 2007, 12:59
Hi Mark... Ok may i please know the basis of the charges? Will it be based on per gram, per kilo or ???? Thanks

I really dont know? - depends on what it is. I will be bringing quite a lot of stuff and i can always add other parcels etc. I will also be sending containers to phils too with charity things too.
I just posted the thread to see what peoples ideas are - what do they miss from home or what would they like to send etc.

KeithD
30th September 2007, 13:26
Coconut tree :Erm:

Pepe n Pilar
30th September 2007, 13:36

:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol::NoNo::NoNo:

Shifty-Sidney
30th September 2007, 13:44

:Erm: How did you know i am looking at importing trees?

Mrs Daddy
30th September 2007, 16:18
what about bringing a double door refrigerator mark to philippines its a shame to throw it away its just been used for about a year.is it possible and if ever how much will it be?

andypaul
30th September 2007, 16:46
bring in a jolibees bit by bit and open it in picadilly circus?

KeithD
30th September 2007, 19:32
At the cost of visa's these days, how many Filipina can you get in a box?

joebloggs
30th September 2007, 19:51
yes and i know the box we can use :D, we could smuggle 100's in one go.. the philippines has made the worlds largest shoes, and that shoe box would have to be big :D

http://thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast.com/largest61.html

tiger@tigress
30th September 2007, 21:24
I will shortly be bringing a container from Fils, probably on a regular basis. Is there anything you particularly like and would want to get here in UK. (no balut please). i cannot see any problem with bringing packaged foods and nuts etc. anything that will not spoil. If you have any ideas or suggestions let me know. I know there are pinoy stores online. just wondering if i can use the extra space for something.

Can you tell me how much will you charge per CBM? and the ETD of your first shipment? thanks

andypaul
30th September 2007, 22:39
yes and i know the box we can use :D, we could smuggle 100's in one go.. the philippines has made the worlds largest shoes, and that shoe box would have to be big :D

http://thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast.com/largest61.html

Great plan they may need the worlds largest socks to keep them warm once in european waters.

KeithD
1st October 2007, 09:03
Will I be getting a tree then? :Erm:

vbkelly
1st October 2007, 12:45
I really dont know? - depends on what it is. I will be bringing quite a lot of stuff and i can always add other parcels etc. I will also be sending containers to phils too with charity things too.
I just posted the thread to see what peoples ideas are - what do they miss from home or what would they like to send etc.

hi mark thats the good business

andypaul
1st October 2007, 20:12
Will I be getting a tree then? :Erm:

A tree in a giant sock and shoe? Now that would freak out the customs people:Erm:

KeithD
1st October 2007, 20:53
Not at Manchester, way too busy investigating the biscuit tin to decide what to have at tea break :rolleyes:

joebloggs
1st October 2007, 21:26
what ya mean on a break, i've never seen any immigration officers at Manchester airport after you collect your luggage, maybe personel dept forgot to employ some :doh

mikeh
17th October 2007, 10:33
This sounds like a great idea.
My good lady, Jean, often talks about sending books to her home town for the local school or library which are desperately short of such things.
Its easy to pick up suitable things here cheaply or even for free but the cost of transporting them in Balikbayan boxes is too high for us.

What Jean would really love to buy here is Palm Brand corned beef. This is totally different to UK style corned beef and far superior in taste

I think there are online stores for this but they are not cheap and after shipping costs you might as well buy rump steak.

We are down to our last can form the few we brought back form our last trip to Phils in Nov2006.

It's being saved for a special occasion, I think......maybe if we win the lottery we'll get to eat it!!!!

TTFN

Mike

Gie
17th October 2007, 11:57

Hi Mark, I miss danggit (dried fish):) bring me some :D

Bridget
17th October 2007, 12:30
Hi Mark, I wonder, how long it will take to get the container to the UK? I have a lot of personal stuff here that I wanted to bring to the UK plus some paintings and some stuff for house decors.Thanks
Bridget

pinkbutterfly
17th October 2007, 20:32
Can you pls include myself in ur container? So no visa, no passport, and no arifares needed :cwm12: Dont' worry i'm just a slim lady and i will fit any small corner of your container.:D
And don't worry about the food for I'm sure there'll be a lot filipino food packages in there...he he he. I'll be in a smorgasbord container anyway..:BouncyHappy: