PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!

marga
17th November 2013, 15:32
Hi everyone!

I here again to ask a question regarding my husband's gross monthly income. he has 1 month payslip that is short of 40 quid to make it 1550 due to his holiday here.However,he has a night out pay but it isn't included in his gross monthly income in his payslip. My husband told me the night out pay is reflected in the payslip just not included in the gross monthly income. My question is, is the night out pay included in the gross monthly income computation in meeting the financial requirement for visa application? And how come it was not included in my husband's monthly income? Confuses me:doh

Thanks in advance:Wave:

Michael Parnham
17th November 2013, 17:35
Night out pay is tax free, so therefore is not part of your wage!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
17th November 2013, 19:25
Hi marga

As you know, unless you and your husband can meet or exceed the UKBA Financial Requirement then any application will fall for refusal.

Your husband needs to provide 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements that clearly show the amounts indicated on the payslips.

From the information you've divulged it appears that your husband is in non-salaried employment.
For non-salaried employment in Category A the UKBA now allows for an annualised average to be calculated.

The calculation is like this:-

Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6, then multiplied by 12

This then is the annualised average income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the Financial Requirement.

Here's an example using a total gross income from the addition of 6 payslips as £9350

9350 divided by 6 = £1558.33
1558.33 times 12 = £18700

Means the Financial Requirement is met.

Here's another example using a total gross income from the addition of 6 payslips as £9250

9250 divided by 6 = £1541.66
1541.66 times 12 = £18500

Means the Financial Requirement is NOT met

Make your own personal calculation and see how it stands up.

This is the UKBA latest method that allows income variability month to month

Hope this will help answer your worries

andy222
17th November 2013, 21:33
Like terpe says there is no tolerance with the ukba just make sure you meet the requirement. Good luck.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

marga
18th November 2013, 02:54
Hi marga

As you know, unless you and your husband can meet or exceed the UKBA Financial Requirement then any application will fall for refusal.

Your husband needs to provide 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements that clearly show the amounts indicated on the payslips.

From the information you've divulged it appears that your husband is in non-salaried employment.
For non-salaried employment in Category A the UKBA now allows for an annualised average to be calculated.

Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6, then multiplied by 12

This then is the annualised average income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the Financial Requirement.

Here's an example using a total gross income from the addition of 6 payslips as £9350

Here's another example using a total gross income from the addition of 6 payslips as £9250

9250 divided by 6 = £1541.66
1541.66 times 12 = £18500

Means the Financial Requirement is NOT met

Make your own personal calculation and see how it stands up.

This is the UKBA latest method that allows income variability month to month

Hope this will help answer your worries

Hi Terpe.

My husband works as HGV driver for an agency. His gross income for 6 months is 12k. I am just afraid as one of his payslips have not met the income required monthly which is 1550 gross.Please explain more on this.

Thanks again.

Marga

marga
18th November 2013, 06:50
Hi marga

Hi Terpe.

If my husband is under the non-salaried employment,then we have met the financial requirement.Can you please explain more the difference between the two i.e salaried and non-salaried.

Thanks again.

Marga

marga
18th November 2013, 07:16
Night out pay is tax free, so therefore is not part of your wage! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks for the info Michael :Wave:

marga
18th November 2013, 07:17
Like terpe says there is no tolerance with the ukba just make sure you meet the requirement. Good luck. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Andy222.

Thanks. Are you done with your wife's visa application?

Marga

andy222
18th November 2013, 09:46
Yes all done marga. :xxgrinning--00xx3:. All the advice is on here all you have to do is ask marga. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
18th November 2013, 12:55
Hi Terpe.

If my husband is under the non-salaried employment,then we have met the financial requirement.Can you please explain more the difference between the two i.e salaried and non-salaried.

Thanks again.

Marga

In principle non-salaried employment is taken by UKBA to mean a variable income.

Here's a UKBA example:-

The applicant‟s partner is in non-salaried employment in the UK. He works on a weekly rota basis and does not receive any paid holidays. He has earned £450 each week in the same job for the last 7 calendar months, except for the week prior to the date of application when he earned £150 owing to a holiday.

Non-salaried income = (gross earnings from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) x 12
= ((25 weeks x 450 + 1 week x 150) ÷ 6) x 12
= (11,400 ÷ 6) x 12
= £22,800
So the financial requirement is met through Category A non-salaried employment

The immigration rules are here (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/appendix-fmse/)

Please be sure to review and validate to your satisfaction

marga
18th November 2013, 14:47
Thanks Terpe.