PDA

View Full Version : uk passport

hawk
18th November 2013, 14:27
my wife was today putting in for family visit visa and was told she couldnt because my uk passport has expired. what are they playing at, its her coming to uk. whats me having valid passport got to do with it, have they moved the goal post again? :furious3: now got to get it renewed or take another risk any one had same problem thanks

Arthur Little
18th November 2013, 15:35
my wife was today putting in for family visit visa and was told she couldnt because my uk passport has expired. what are they playing at, its her coming to uk. whats me having a valid passport got to do with it, have they moved the goal post again? :furious3: now got to get it renewed or take another risk. any one had same problem thanks

Didn't realise it mattered whether you (as the host) had a valid passport or not. :NoNo:

But best to comply ... :anerikke: ... after all, it doesn't cost that much for renewal.

hawk
18th November 2013, 16:24
they said they would take papers but would refuse on that

Michael Parnham
18th November 2013, 22:29
I suppose they look upon your passport as an international ID!:Erm:

grahamw48
18th November 2013, 23:25
The country really HAS gone mad. No Brit is REQUIRED to have a passport anyway....unless they want to leave the country. :NoNo:

marksroomspain
19th November 2013, 00:23
my wife was today putting in for family visit visa and was told she couldnt because my uk passport has expired. what are they playing at, its her coming to uk. whats me having valid passport got to do with it, have they moved the goal post again? :furious3: now got to get it renewed or take another risk any one had same problem thanks

Hawk I sympathise with you but you know what the UKBA is like better to stick to the rules and if this needs be then get a new passport with same day service at your local passport office, yes extra expense and pathetic like graham says but keep within the rules then all will be fine.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
19th November 2013, 00:25
True. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
19th November 2013, 12:59
The country really HAS gone mad. No Brit is REQUIRED to have a passport anyway....unless they want to leave the country. :NoNo:

I never had a passport until I reached 47 I used to think only wealthy people travelled abroad!:Erm:

Arthur Little
19th November 2013, 13:13
I never had a passport until I reached 47

:gp:, Michael ... my 1st passport was a joint black & white one with my late first wife to enable us to go on a 3-day 'Fred Olsen Mini Cruise' to Oslo for our honeymoon in December 1967.

:rolleyes: Next time I went abroad was in May 1992 - when I reached the age you've mentioned - by which time I'd been widowed.

Arthur Little
19th November 2013, 13:34
I used to think only wealthy people travelled abroad!:Erm:

:wink: ... me too!! :biggrin: ... changed days, eh? Now, it's only the affluent who can afford to holiday in our bloody country. :bigcry:

grahamw48
19th November 2013, 15:32
I first travelled abroad in 1955...to Singapore, but I was on my mum's passport. :Jump:

KeithD
19th November 2013, 16:26
.... I used to think only wealthy people travelled abroad!:Erm:

We do infidels :biggrin: