PDA

View Full Version : Thought-provoking article...

grahamw48
22nd November 2013, 01:12
http://universityprimetime.com/school/unh/article/nurse-discusses-5-regrets-people-tell-her-before-they-die

raynaputi
22nd November 2013, 02:47
I have read this before..I can only wish I won't have any regrets before that day comes..:cwm3:

Arthur Little
22nd November 2013, 03:43
Although I feel more relaxed and contented in retirement than at possibly ANY other stage of my life to date ... I have to admit to occasionally looking back :rolleyes: and wishing I'd put greater effort into making the most of quality time with my two children and [perhaps] getting to know them that bit better ... instead of ploughing myself into my work so much when they were in their formative years.

Oh ... :anerikke: ... please don't get me wrong, :nono-1-1: ... they both grew up to be a credit to their mum and I ... but all the same ... !

stevewool
22nd November 2013, 08:33
we all can look back on , if only this and that, but its what we do now that counts, onwards and upwards

Terpe
22nd November 2013, 10:56
we all can look back on , if only this and that, but its what we do now that counts, onwards and upwards

Agree.
I try to find positives where I can and believe I have no real regrets.
I may have a number of misgivings but not true regrets. The choices we make along the way put us where we are every day.

Yep, onwards and upwards, come what may.......

Michael Parnham
22nd November 2013, 12:15
Yes, no good crying over spilt milk! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd November 2013, 19:28
Yes, no good crying over spilt milk! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:bigcry: ... alas, I spilt my tea earlier.

:cwm24: ...... does [B] that count? :cwm25:

andy222
22nd November 2013, 21:29
Although I feel more relaxed and contented in retirement than at possibly ANY other stage of my life to date ... I have to admit to occasionally looking back :rolleyes: and wishing I'd put greater effort into making the most of quality time with my two children and [perhaps] getting to know them that bit better ... instead of ploughing myself into my work so much when they were in their formative years.

Oh ... :anerikke: ... please don't get me wrong, :nono-1-1: ... they both grew up to be a credit to their mum and I ... but all the same ... !
Same here ARTHUR.:xxgrinning--00xx3:.