PDA

View Full Version : local checks

eula mackay
2nd October 2007, 17:18
hi everyone!

submitted my settlement application sept 4 and was forwarded to the embassy on the 6th. i phoned the embassy this morning to enquire about the progress of the application and was informed that they started the "local check" september 26 and this takes 2-3 weeks.

from the previous threads that i have read, i would assume that this check they are refering to is basically checking with nso in q.c. (apparently the only branch with the complete database) if there is any record of marriage under your maiden name. now, if this is all they need to do that should not take two weeks or more. thing is though, not all marriage records are recorded on the said database hence the reason why it takes a while as they have to check records manually. unlike requesting for your nso birth cert you can have it the same day, if you are lucky.

my nso birth cert was attested by dfa and our marriage contract was attested by the fco in whitehall and phil embassy in london. although it was not on the checklist, i also included nbi clearance for europe (not attested). i was supposed to get a cenomar which would have been dated from when i was 16 y/o until a week before our wedding but when i was informed that it takes an average of 3 weeks i just had to give it a miss as there was no guarantee how long it would take and i already have an appointment booked.

anyone of you have any more ideas about this local checks? im just curious.

a month on thursday since i lodged my application. luckily my husband came over for a week which made the waiting a bit easier. now hes gone back to the uk its back to wait wait wait, pray pray pray, hope hope hope and loads of more waiting.

to all of you who posted/posts very useful information regarding visa applications and all other equally important matters, thank you very much. the guidance is priceless. i have not posted in ages but visits the site everyday and it is informative as ever.

eula xxx

ginapeterb
2nd October 2007, 22:11
Eula,

Local checks is a euphanism used by our people in RP and can consitutute just about anything they desire, I wouldnt worry too much about it, in the British Embassy Manila, everything has its own time,

Good luck and best wishes....its a blip.....soon you look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.....its a visa thing !!!!

vbkelly
3rd October 2007, 11:10
goodluck eula keep on praying and finger cross your visa is coming soon

gracia143
3rd October 2007, 11:53
I know the feeling Eula and it helps to have people like you and others here on the forum whom we can share our thoughts about the visa and the anxieties we have. More strength and patience, it will come soon...Goodluck!

eula mackay
3rd October 2007, 13:07
its difficult to sleep and wake up with the same thing on my mind. and no matter how hard i think about it, regardless how much of my time i put in to it, its not going to change a thing.

thanks so much for the support.i really need it!

gracia143
4th October 2007, 05:30
You're not alone...it will come soon:):)