PDA

View Full Version : The boss of Britain's least fashionable supermarket hits back at the snobs and sneering lefties

Dedworth
30th November 2013, 12:48
So Mr Iceland, do YOU eat your doner kebab pizzas and frozen sandwiches? The boss of Britain's least fashionable supermarket hits back at the snobs and sneering lefties

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515763/Malcolm-Walker-Iceland-supermarket-boss-hits-snobs-sneering-lefties.html#ixzz2m81u5JEp

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Top Man ! he should be knighted

I think Iceland is a brilliant store, however some of Mrs D's brand snob Filipina friends wouldn't dream of darkening it's doors

Michael Parnham
30th November 2013, 15:53
Malcolm Walker used to work with my sister in Woolworth's just before he started Iceland, the ironic thing is, she now works in Iceland herself, been there many years as supervisor! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
30th November 2013, 16:03
Malcolm Walker used to work with my sister in Woolworth's just before he started Iceland, the ironic thing is, she now works in Iceland herself, been there many years as supervisor!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: I remember him saying on TV Woolies was the only job he had and he hated it there

Michael Parnham
30th November 2013, 16:08
The odd thing about it is, the Iceland she works in used to be Woolworth premises! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
30th November 2013, 22:14
People hate success in this miserable country. :NoNo:

Good on him.

That frozen stuff plus one multivit+iron, and I'm good to go. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
30th November 2013, 22:58
Top Man :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iani
2nd December 2013, 19:53
Iceland is the only store whose tv adverts feature food which looks totally unappetising :icon_lol: Doesn't matter what they do, it looks like a buffet you'd avoid at a party and send out for kebabs

grahamw48
2nd December 2013, 21:34
I NEVER EVER avoid a free buffet. :biggrin:

gWaPito
3rd December 2013, 01:17
Malcolm Walker used to work with my sister in Woolworth's just before he started Iceland, the ironic thing is, she now works in Iceland herself, been there many years as supervisor! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That guy's lucky he didnt go to jail.....before the store was first floated back in 2000ish he sold his shares making millions..word has it he had a guy on the inside telling him to sell before the company went belly up.

I used to work for them back then before the new driver regulations kicked in.

gWaPito
3rd December 2013, 01:20
The odd thing about it is, the Iceland she works in used to be Woolworth premises! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know the one in Harrow...that used to be a woolies :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
3rd December 2013, 01:21
So Mr Iceland, do YOU eat your doner kebab pizzas and frozen sandwiches? The boss of Britain's least fashionable supermarket hits back at the snobs and sneering lefties

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515763/Malcolm-Walker-Iceland-supermarket-boss-hits-snobs-sneering-lefties.html#ixzz2m81u5JEp

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Top Man ! he should be knighted

I think Iceland is a brilliant store, however some of Mrs D's brand snob Filipina friends wouldn't dream of darkening it's doors

:laugher::xxgrinning--00xx3: