PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is in the air...

Mrs Daddy
3rd October 2007, 18:21
Went to my Daughter in Law today and we had a good chat and she then brought up the topic about Christmas dinner and I was being told that I should cook for our Christmas dinner for a change and I was really shocked and surprised:yikes::omg::Brick::furious3::bigcry::NoNo: dont know what to say because I have never cooked a christmas dinner before I didnt even know whats christmas dinner look like.But i told her I know how to make yorkshire puddings and we all laughed coz the thought of just having a yorkshire pudding on christmass:icon_lol:anyway I told her I could just be her assistant in cooking:xxgrinning--00xx3:If I could just make a filipino dishes for them that would be alright but the problem is they didnt like filipino food:cwm23::NoNo:anyway we`ve book our new years dinner in pub and its about £18 each:Brick:its not cheap:NoNo:whatever, at least now I know how english preparing for the uletide season and I am looking forward to it although a bit different to philippines though.

andypaul
3rd October 2007, 18:28
My Wife loves roast dinners and christmas dinners, and learned to cook them with no problems. She can now do English and Phill remix version where chicken and potatoes are cooked with soy sauce which tastes real nice also:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Seriously they are easy to cook once you break it all down.

Mrs Daddy
3rd October 2007, 18:32
I know what you mean andy,you could even cook pork meat and potato as wee!:)

ginapeterb
3rd October 2007, 18:40
My wife also loves to cook the good old British roast beef yorkshire pud and 2 veg for me, she makes good dinners, roast potatoes, Aunt Bessies Yorkshires, with Garden peas, Bisto Gravy, and Roast Beef, she soon got the hang of it, no rice and Sinigang for me on Sunday's

Bring it out....Palanga !!!

Mrs Daddy
3rd October 2007, 18:43
thats sounds delicious pete!

ervenescence
3rd October 2007, 19:21
December

Merry Christmas!
sweets, chocolates, puddings everywhere, from home to work
christmas cards
gifts
christmas shopping
spending and more spending
christmas party, christmas dinner
eat and drink, drink and eat :D January

Happy new year!
hangover
sick
leftover foods
wilted christmas trees
christmas lights gone
out of credit, skint!
new years resolution?..diet, stop spending too much, slowing down for next christmas? hmmm..:rolleyes:
Can't wait for christmas though, looking forward to it. :)

andypaul
3rd October 2007, 19:24
I know what you mean andy,you could even cook pork meat and potato as wee!:)

as wee:omg:

ervenescence
3rd October 2007, 19:35
LOL

peewee :D

KeithD
3rd October 2007, 20:51
peewee :D

You've been spying on Andy in the shower? :cwm24:

andypaul
3rd October 2007, 22:39
You've been spying on Andy in the shower? :cwm24:

I was wondering who left the magnifying glass in my shower:omg:

gracia143
4th October 2007, 05:25
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Merry Christmas!!!

LEAHnew
4th October 2007, 07:07
:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:Merry Christmas:Rasp::Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol:

prettyd30
4th October 2007, 09:03
yeah xmas dinner too difficult to prepare for someone who just got here.... Manding matralala ko unsa man akong lutuon para dinner unya uy? hehehehe

KeithD
4th October 2007, 09:05
I've been trying to get a turkey to eat for a week now.....looks like road kill is my only option....a sort of....drive-thru turkey farm :D

LadyJ
4th October 2007, 09:44
Talking about Christmas here... I've been thinking this since few months ago, we kept planning of meeting personally but still never happened.

Anyone up for MONITO & MONITA?

How it works?

We are all going to give our full name and address to only one person who assigned
and you request to this person your Monito/Monita's full address.
We talk about the maximum price of the gift.

Only one problem..

How are we going to pick our Monito/Monita without that person knowing you got her/his name?

Maybe someone can solve this?

What you guys think?

Mrs Daddy
4th October 2007, 10:04
I`ve search christmas recipe in Internet now and still a bit confusing for some posh name ingredients:doh:Cuckoo:

vbkelly
4th October 2007, 10:23
I`ve search christmas recipe in Internet now and still a bit confusing for some posh name ingredients:doh:Cuckoo:

huhuhuhuhu maligayang pasko at maligo sa bagong taon!!!

Mrs Daddy
4th October 2007, 10:29
maligo sa bagong taon para litsunon.hehehe

gracia143
4th October 2007, 10:50
yeah xmas dinner too difficult to prepare for someone who just got here.... Manding matralala ko unsa man akong lutuon para dinner unya uy? hehehehe

Pagtola dinha gang hehe! Kaya ra lagi na nimo, goodluck girl!:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
4th October 2007, 10:50
huhuhuhuhu maligayang pasko at maligo sa bagong taon!!!

Hi sis are u pointing Andy:Rasp::Rasp::ARsurrender::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

charlwill
4th October 2007, 14:46
Merry Christmas to all. Yay!!!!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

LadyJ
5th October 2007, 11:01
Talking about Christmas here... I've been thinking this since few months ago, we kept planning of meeting personally but still never happened.

Anyone up for MONITO & MONITA?

How it works?

We are all going to give our full name and address to only one person who assigned
and you request to this person your Monito/Monita's full address.
We talk about the maximum price of the gift.

Only one problem..

How are we going to pick our Monito/Monita without that person knowing you got her/his name?

Maybe someone can solve this?

What you guys think?

I guess no one here wants a Christmas present?:Erm:

kimmi
5th October 2007, 11:06
I like LadyJ..can i join?

LadyJ
5th October 2007, 11:09
Well, I guess Kimmi we give each other a pressie :icon_lol: since no one else wants to join...

kimmi
5th October 2007, 11:16
sure no problem with me..:)

LEAHnew
5th October 2007, 13:06
hey I'm here can I join din:)...we'll do it as an electronic monito-monita what do u think:rolleyes:...i don't have the idea yet how it goes :Erm::Erm:

kimmi
5th October 2007, 13:11
sure sis Leah, everybody is welcome to join..

can we now make a list of who wanted to join?just list down ur name, i hope Boss will allow us with this..

1. LadyJ
2. Kimmi
3. Kukurokuk

fred
5th October 2007, 13:17
good old British roast beef yorkshire pud and 2 veg for me, she makes good dinners, roast potatoes, Aunt Bessies Yorkshires, with Garden peas, Bisto Gravy, and Roast Beef..

I wish I hadn`t read this now.
Unless I buy an oven it looks like Im stuck with bihon and sweet spaghetti this year..
Sod it.. I`ll buy an oven!

andypaul
5th October 2007, 19:03

Post on here we will help you out.

If well planned a British roast is easy to make, literally shove the meat in the oven, then the spuds later. Vegs boiled and the sauces made.

I belive the sunday roast came about that it could be left while everyone went to church and then could come back.

singkit
5th October 2007, 23:38
Christmas! My favorite time of the year:BouncyHappy: Gifts, Christmas carols,:9: food, drinks,:Wine::Beer: new dress and new pair of shoes. Wow:omg: I haven't got a clue what's christmas would be like in this country:Britain: as this is my first time to celebrate it. Am excited now but a bit sad because this is my christmas without my family in the Philippines:bigcry: Anyway...Advanced Merry Christmas to all.:smileybigtmouth:

mach
6th October 2007, 06:58
christmas is really in the air. the traffic in divisoria has been terrible since september.

Mrs Daddy
6th October 2007, 10:41
Post on here we will help you out.

If well planned a British roast is easy to make, literally shove the meat in the oven, then the spuds later. Vegs boiled and the sauces made.

I belive the sunday roast came about that it could be left while everyone went to church and then could come back.

Ta Andy!, here we go what is panettone?:Erm:

LadyJ
6th October 2007, 10:47
Panettone is a festive Italian yeast cake flavored with candied fruit peels and raisins.

Mrs Daddy
6th October 2007, 11:07
oh tnx LadyJ your the chef:)

vbkelly
6th October 2007, 12:35
Hi sis are u pointing Andy:Rasp::Rasp::ARsurrender::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:
you mean every new year lang cya naliligo hahaha

vbkelly
6th October 2007, 12:37
christmas is really in the air. the traffic in divisoria has been terrible since september.

oh speaking of divisoria mach yeah its terrible place ingat ka nalang dyan

andypaul
6th October 2007, 13:22
My Family over Phill going there they call it the chinese market Sounds crazy, oxford street is bad enough for me so i don't think i could handle divi.

Mrs Daddy
7th October 2007, 09:44
yeah,as in maaga ang pasko sa pinas 1st week of september pa lang!

mach
10th October 2007, 06:30
oh speaking of divisoria mach yeah its terrible place ingat ka nalang dyan

thank you :)

pinkbutterfly
13th October 2007, 03:49
Honestly..Christmas songs are now everywhere..esp in the malls here in the metro...really makes me sad....been how many years spending christmas alone...I only enjoy New Year for that's our family reunion...then after that...a year older again...hayyy

Mrs Daddy
13th October 2007, 10:20
Hi pinkbutterfly...welcome here in filipinouk!just wondering why you spent your christmas alone?are you not with your family?Anyway just keep in mind that Christmas is when jesus christ is born and we should celebrate it with him God Bless to you and to your love ones!:)

Bridget
13th October 2007, 11:19
Oh Christmas... What I can say.. well, Christmas in the Philippines ... more foods, more presents... parties...visitors and spend, spend and spend. I experienced christmas in the UK twice. A big difference compare to our traditonal pinoy style christmas. In the UK, people are more thougthful, they like to send christmas cards and give presents. I enjoyed my christmas in the UK , we had Christmas lunch together with by fiance`s family, we had roasted turkey, baked parsnip, potatoes, steamed veges such baby carrots, brocolli and brussels sprouts. I didnt love that brussels sprouts that much, but I loved the turkey.

As much as I wanted to join your monita monito but I wont be in the UK this Christmas hopefully will get there early next year.

Happy Christmas to you all!

andypaul
13th October 2007, 18:37
Christmas im still waiting for the summer here in the UK:bigcry:

Mrs Daddy
14th October 2007, 09:16
I have recieved a christamas gift already from hubby:)hope he`ll forget by christmas that he`d given me one:)

kimmi
14th October 2007, 10:44
wow that was so sweet Mrs. Daddy..:)

Alan
14th October 2007, 10:47
You can tell that it is getting near to Christmas when Woolworths start selling Easter Eggs.

Al. :)

Mrs Daddy
14th October 2007, 16:01
I cant wait for xmas kimmi for my pressie:) a bit cheeky really! and I need one more for xmas day again if he forgotten that he`s given me one.:)