PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian food in Cebu!

Mikester
7th December 2013, 10:59
I'm hoping to visit my GF in Cebu City early next year. I'm a lifelong veggie (a pretty strict one, but not quite vegan) and wonder how easy it will be for me to find food there? I have looked at various sites, many seem to contradict each other on availability of veggie restaurants / options. Any veggies on here that can advise? :caddy:

joebloggs
7th December 2013, 11:52
:icon_lol: I'm the same as you, I'm not sure Filipinos know what a veggie is :biggrin: , the misses had told the waiter in restaurants that i want the meal without meat or fish, and a few times its turned up on the plate, only for my misses to tell them again and they took the plate away, took the meat off and brought it back :doh

goodluck thou :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mikester
7th December 2013, 12:25
Well a Google search has produced this: http://www.happycow.net/asia/philippines/cebu/ However as I haven't been there yet, I've no idea where anywhere is, or if the information is current. Elsewhere I have read that Cebu is very much a fish city and there are very few veg options. It could be a Margarita Pizza diet I think (do they use vegetarian cheese there?). :Help1:

joebloggs
7th December 2013, 12:35
just make sure your g/f makes it clear to the waiter you don't want any meat,fish or eggs in your food:wink:, i usually end up on a diet of crisps :icon_lol: and I only drink anything if its come out of a bottle , i had a slush type drink once that made me really :repuke:

sometimes we go to T.G.I Fridays, where they should have veggy stuff, pasta, chips :icon_lol: onion rings etc, or if the worse comes to worse some chips from Jollibe :wink:

Michael Parnham
8th December 2013, 09:33
Hi Mike, lots of fruit and veg available, I'm sure you will be able to find most things you need! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
9th December 2013, 02:35
Hi Mike, lots of fruit and veg available, I'm sure you will be able to find most things you need! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:biggrin: ... just so long as you remember to steer clear of the "dreaded" 'Durian'!