PDA

View Full Version : Western Union 71.50 to £ 1 and no fee

bigmarco
7th December 2013, 11:38
I know it's sending it to an account but it seems a pretty good deal to me.

http://www2.westernunion.co.uk/gb/Home-beta.page?src=gg_UK_UK_G_Top-Brand-London_SERP_Desk_Exact_EN_eng&utm_content=szLkQibsE|dc_pcrid_34234383150_mt_e_kw_western%20union?gclid=CLmq4e3znbsCFabLtAodzy0AuA

grahamw48
7th December 2013, 12:20
Seems very good. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anyone used their 'send money to yourself' service....for while you're in the Phils ? :smile:

stevewool
7th December 2013, 12:29

Anyone used their 'send money to yourself' service....for while you're in the Phils ? :smile:

never knew you could do that :Erm::Erm:

bhem_bhem
7th December 2013, 14:35

i've done that.. i had a problem of drawing out money from my debit card in phils before so what i did is send myself money thru western union. :smile:

grahamw48
7th December 2013, 14:50
Yeah, I know that sometimes banks will put a stop on your card when you try to use it in the Phils...even when you've TOLD them you're going to be using it there ! :doh
Hence, my thoughts of a backup.

Last time I had that kind of trouble, my bank back here said it was not a problem of their making, but rather that Visa/Mastercard had put a stop on at the Manila end....suspicious use, or whatever. Hopefully things have improved now.

bhem_bhem
7th December 2013, 15:06
when i told the teller i want to draw out money she told me to go to the other branch coz they don't have that machine (something like that) that allows transaction from bank abroad..

gWaPito
7th December 2013, 19:36
Best get a money card like Caxton and suchlike..guranteed to work anywhere...no secruity flagging with these babes:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:..as long as you got money in the account

Slip
7th December 2013, 19:50
Best get a money card like Caxton and suchlike..guranteed to work anywhere...no secruity flagging with these babes:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:..as long as you got money in the account

Save me searching... Please explain how, what, why and all that stuff. I dont want to use my debit card preferably when I am out there as I worry about the security. I dont really want to use my credit card, although will be taking one as a back up. Don't want to take loads of cash as that is just asking for trouble. Plus I will need to pay for most of the wedding stuff when I am out there so need quick access to my cash.

grahamw48
7th December 2013, 19:50
I've been looking at those too Mark. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
7th December 2013, 22:56
Save me searching... Please explain how, what, why and all that stuff. I dont want to use my debit card preferably when I am out there as I worry about the security. I dont really want to use my credit card, although will be taking one as a back up. Don't want to take loads of cash as that is just asking for trouble. Plus I will need to pay for most of the wedding stuff when I am out there so need quick access to my cash.

This sounds like your perfect solution, Slip

Compare the best prepaid Sterling cards from the UK's top providers. Sterling (or Multi-currency) prepaid cards can be used to pay for goods and services in any country around the world that accept Visa or MasterCard.

They are perfect for trips to multiple countries as the card balance is stored in Pounds Sterling and converted into the local currency at the point of transaction. Prepaid Sterling cards can also be used in the UK, and offer the same kind of protection as a standard chip-and-pin bank card.

http://www.compareholidaymoney.com/content/currency-cards.php?sort=fx-fee&card=gbp

gWaPito
7th December 2013, 23:38
Thanks for the rep, Slip :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Although it's still yet to be credited along with the 2/3 others what haven't shown up either :cwm25:

Arthur Little
8th December 2013, 00:46
:doh ... one would've thought - with all the latest technological advances in recent years - international monetary transactions
could easily be carried out with the minimum of fuss!

Supposedly ... :anerikke: ... HSBC gives customers instant access to
their accounts from almost ANYWHERE in the world.

grahamw48
8th December 2013, 02:33
I was with HSBC when I worked in Hong Kong and the family were back in the Phils.

I just sent my ex an ATM card which she could use to access my HK account at her local branch in the Phils. :smile:

gWaPito
8th December 2013, 03:23
:doh ... one would've thought - with all the latest technological advances in recent years - international monetary transactions
could easily be carried out with the minimum of fuss!

Supposedly ... :anerikke: ... HSBC gives customers instant access to
their accounts from almost ANYWHERE in the world.

The same with nearly all the UK banks Arthur.........The problems arise when security starts being flagged, you can't use the card until you've spoken with then in the UK. That's no easy feat when stuck in the back end of nowhere:NoNo:

You don't get any of that nonsense with the pre-paid money cards.