PDA

View Full Version : Hello

rizza
5th October 2007, 15:42
Hi to all, im new here. Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to process a domestic helper visa for a Filipino who will work in UK? Just helping out a friend who's asking me about it. :) Thanks in advance to those who will reply to this post.

Mrs Daddy
6th October 2007, 11:14
Hi rizza welcome here...:Hellooo:About your question If I am not wrong i think its quite impossible to obtain a visa as a domestic helper in uk:Erm: but if ever as what I have heard it will take for about a year or two:doh.Anyway some experts here is happy enough to share their advise to you!Cherio...:)

andypaul
6th October 2007, 12:20
Greetings Rizza can you let us know more about there situation. I think a dosmetic can be brought to the uk as part of a family/household staff if they have worked with the family/household for a certain time.

rizza
6th October 2007, 14:59
Hi andypaul and mrs daddy. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I read something about the domestic helper should at least have worked with the employer for at least a year. My friend has not and I told her so. But maybe they will get a break and get lucky.

It could take a year or two?! Wow that's long. But this is just a nonsettlement visa. Isnt that like 15 days only?

andypaul
6th October 2007, 15:07
I am no expert if i was you i would read up on the UK visas website for the latest rules. I would also expect the employer would need to prove they can't employ someone from uk or europe. You would also need to show you would pay at least the minimum wage i presume.

Before applying i would research the latest rulings and check.

Hopefully others know more.

joebloggs
6th October 2007, 17:26
yes it will be difficult to get a visa,

from http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018721068341

How do I qualify as a domestic worker in a private household?
You must be able to show evidence for the following.

You are aged over 18.
You have been working as a domestic worker in the same house as your employer for at least one year immediately before your application, or you have been working in a household that your employer uses regularly for themselves for at least one year immediately before your application, and you can show that there is a connection between you and your employer.
You intend to travel to the UK with your employer, your employer’s husband, wife, civil partner, eligible partner or your employer’s child who is under 18.
You intend to work full-time as a domestic worker in the same house as your employer, or in a household that the employer uses regularly for himself or herself, and you can show that there is a connection between you and your employer.
You do not intend to work in the UK except as a domestic worker.
You can support yourself (as confirmed by your employer) without needing help from public funds.

You are a domestic worker if you are providing a personal service linked to the running of your employer's household. Examples include chauffeurs, gardeners, cooks and nannies.

the Nanny/Domestic helper Visa is mainly intended for the British diplomat who worked abroad and finishing their duties, they want to take their nanny/helper with them in the UK.