PDA

View Full Version : Length of Time for Fiancee Visa Processing

forester
19th December 2013, 18:36
Just to let you all know that the online application has been completed, fees paid and the paper documentation delivered to the VFS in Manila this morning ( Philippines time Pt).

Biometrics completed and by 5.00pm Pt a text was received saying that the application has been despatched to the British Embassy for processing.

I'm going to bare my soul and share with you all what happens next in terms of timescales etc!

Terpe
19th December 2013, 19:48
Good Luck for a speedy and positive outcome. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you've done all your homework here on the forum I would fully expect the application to be compliant and have no problems.
As for timescales........shouldn't be so long. Could be a few days or a few weeks

forester
19th December 2013, 21:44
Thanks Terpe, not just for the reply, but for all the help and advice from you and the rest of the forum.

We seem to have done information overload and the change from paper application to online threw us, but we have followed the UKBA guidance to the letter as well as the information here, it was a mighty pile of paper that was delivered today!

Everything is crossed just now!

Dedworth
19th December 2013, 21:48
Good luck Forester - hopefully it will soon be mission accomplished

rani
19th December 2013, 22:18
Good luck M&S :xxgrinning--00xx3:

forester
27th December 2013, 20:52
27th December Received notice that the application is being processed at the British Embassy and that it is currently a peak time and applications can take longer to process. Scary time now!

stevewool
27th December 2013, 21:38
if the forms was all correct then try not to worry, it could take anything from a few weeks to a few months

songz777
29th December 2013, 22:18
My wife is in the same boat :) she applied 2 weeks earlier so we are waiting too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

forester
7th January 2014, 11:13
Good luck to you sonngz, my fingers are crossed for you too!

forester
7th January 2014, 11:15
Thanks steve, I'm sure we have done everything properly, but the waiting raises all the imaginary thoughts!

Slip
7th January 2014, 12:44
Thanks steve, I'm sure we have done everything properly, but the waiting raises all the imaginary thoughts!

Hope it all goes well for you, I will be following this with great interest as we will be in the same boat in 5/6 months time.....

If you don't mind and have the time, could you post exactly what you took with you to support the visa application and what documentation you took to VFS

forester
8th January 2014, 21:07
Of course Slip, once we have the outcome!

Much of the format was based on information, guidance and help here on the Forum which was a great help in focusing the mind.

Might be worth starting collecting information now and try filling in the forms, the only problem is that they change as do the goal posts!

forester
23rd January 2014, 17:10
We have received notice that our application has been deferred as follows:
"We have commenced the processing of your visa application. Having assessed the application, the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) requires additional supporting documents, so he/she may fully consider your application. We are, therefore, giving you a limited opportunity to provide the following documentation:

- Evidence that your sponsor held the funds of £62,500 for a continuous six month period prior to transferring them into his bank account."

We have been given 10 days to produce evidence.

We had provided monthly detailed valuations of shares for 5 months prior to them being liquidated and held in a bank account for month and a letter from the stockbroker confirming the valuation was above £62,500 for the 5 month period.

I have emailed scanned copies of quarterly valuations which cover the period concerned, though they are quarterly and do not show each month in detail, but have an opening and closing balance.

Have just received a generic email from Manila Deferrals saying that the aim is to action additional information within 5 working days.

Did we give too much information in the first place?

Everything crossed now!

bigmac
23rd January 2014, 20:00
watching this closely--all the best with this.

Terpe
23rd January 2014, 20:53
......Did we give too much information in the first place?..

I don't think so.
It sound as though the ECO wants to see solid evidence as to the cash savings and the source.That's all.

As long as you complied with the Cash Savings detailed FM requirement it'll be fine.
UKBA just need the paperwork showing that the investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds or whatever were actually in your specific control and ownership for that part of the 6 month period before the application and before they were liquidated into cash savings.
Also that their value before the 6 month period was at least equivalent to the amount of the cash savings relied upon in the application.
The requirements are fairly simple and straightforward provided the funding did not get sourced by loans.

Good luck......the decision looks pretty close now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Should be OK

forester
23rd January 2014, 21:21
Thanks Terpe, the letter from the stockbroker confirmed the holding and we thought the monthly breakdown and valuations would do the trick, the only problem is that it detailed every share and was done as a spreadsheet by the stock brokers, maybe it was too complicated.

What I have done now is the opposite, easy to read figures which show the required sum in the timescale held in my name, but no detail!

Could be a case of KISS!!!!

I found my reaction to the news interesting, my initial reaction was to write saying the information provided is correct and meets the guidance, but I know from my profession that the oak often doesn't survive the storm whilst the willow bends, so I have done a bit of bending!

Terpe
24th January 2014, 10:49
Thanks Terpe, the letter from the stock broker confirmed the holding and we thought the monthly breakdown and valuations would do the trick, the only problem is that it detailed every share and was done as a spreadsheet by the stock brokers, maybe it was too complicated.

What I have done now is the opposite, easy to read figures which show the required sum in the timescale held in my name, but no detail!

Could be a case of KISS!!!!

I found my reaction to the news interesting, my initial reaction was to write saying the information provided is correct and meets the guidance, but I know from my profession that the oak often doesn't survive the storm whilst the willow bends, so I have done a bit of bending!

Yes..that detailed spreadsheet was probably far too complex.
The ECO's and Caseworkers are not accountants

forester
28th January 2014, 16:36
Visa granted! An email today saying the visa will be issued! A big, big thank you to everybody here and a special thank you to Terpe for his specific advice.

The length of time has been 24 workings days excluding Christmas and New Year holidays and including the request for additional information.

Once again thank you.

Slip
28th January 2014, 17:00
Visa granted! An email today saying the visa will be issued! A big, big thank you to everybody here and a special thank you to Terpe for his specific advice.

The length of time has been 24 workings days excluding Christmas and New Year holidays and including the request for additional information.

Once again thank you.

:hubbahubba::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Brilliant news... Pleased for you both and this new chapter in your lives :smile:

stevewool
28th January 2014, 21:11
congrats to you both

beejudge73
28th January 2014, 21:53
Cingratulations and good luck..happy happy happy :Jump:

Arthur Little
28th January 2014, 22:13
Visa granted! An email today saying the visa will be issued!

Congratulations to you & your fiancee, Simon ... on a job well done! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmac
28th January 2014, 23:14
wonderful news--and so quick too.

all the best for your future

gladz
29th January 2014, 04:03

Once again thank you.

Well done forester. Congratulations!
Mine is scary waiting time.lol

blessed_ekim0826
29th January 2014, 08:52
Congrats.. Well done!!!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
29th January 2014, 13:05
:Jump:

forester
30th January 2014, 21:12
Thank you all for your kind congratulations :smile:

Whereabouts in the forum is the guide for planning a wedding........!!!!!

Gladz, I know what you are going through, fingers crossed!

Arthur, Was through the Fair City today, am working just outside.

stevewool
30th January 2014, 21:19
planning a wedding, are we all invited :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
1st February 2014, 00:31
..Visa granted! An email today saying the visa will be issued! ...

Congratulations and well done :Jump:

Onwards and upwards :xxgrinning--00xx3: