PDA

View Full Version : sending money to the phils

stevewool
20th December 2013, 21:46
just looking at sending money to the phils and yes western union charges you more the more you send, we are looking at worldremit money transfer too, but we have never used this service before, has anyone here used them or what do you use yourself,

Michael Parnham
20th December 2013, 21:51
Get your internet banking set up Steve, only £5.50 up to £10,000! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Leo
20th December 2013, 22:38
hello steve I sent money through western union last week free of charge to a bank account hope this helps

grahamw48
20th December 2013, 22:47
I used Orbitremit. Worked fine.

I've also used Moneygram down at my local Post Office...if they don't have a bank account in the Phils. It's most important that you use exactly the same name as on the ID they're going to use when collecting though.

Ako Si Jamie
21st December 2013, 02:18
Western Union can be a right pain. One Saturday I went into about 5 different outlets in Birmingham, and the people there were full of excuses - either that or it was closed.

"The guy who does it isn't here"

"I don't have the key for the safe"

"The owner lives a long way away and won't be here for at least thirty minutes. Go to the one in Cape Hill, that'll be open" (It wasn't)

:Brick::Brick::Brick:

London_Manila
21st December 2013, 08:08
Western Union can be a right pain. One Saturday I went into about 5 different outlets in Birmingham, and the people there were full of excuses - either that or it was closed.

"The guy who does it isn't here"

"I don't have the key for the safe"

"The owner lives a long way away and won't be here for at least thirty minutes. Go to the one in Cape Hill, that'll be open" (It wasn't)

:Brick::Brick::Brick:

Why not use western union online ?

Ako Si Jamie
21st December 2013, 09:37
Why not use western union online ?I did. And there were problems with that too. :cwm25:

I've found a decent branch away from Birmingham which I pass weekly so I use this one if I need to.

andy222
21st December 2013, 11:58
I use world remit no problems. Very fast and efficient. I always go for cash pick up. Of course the one who is collecting has to produce I.D.

imagine
21st December 2013, 15:00
i've used world remit with no problems, but now i have pnb europe online remit, no problems :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
21st December 2013, 16:23
For smaller amounts western Union online is fine. ..The charges are minimal. Like Michael said, get your Internet banking sorted. ...I use Philippine National Bank. The start up process is a bit long winded. ..They want so much info ...All what was missing was my inside leg measurement :NoNo:

The recipient does not need a bank account to collect . .just an ID that matches what they've given you

Dedworth
21st December 2013, 16:36
The Mrs uses CBN Grupo - she whacked some over for a friend this morning

http://cbngrupo.net/

bigmac
21st December 2013, 20:22
anyone using LCC sending Ltd---or CBN-------?

stevewool
22nd December 2013, 11:22
well tried today to send money by western union on line, and there is a limit of £400 , so thats no good, and the charge is just below £15,
So if we went that way we would have to do it twice plus twice the charge, so it looks like its going to be worldrimit just the one charge of £6.90, and that is for sending what we are wanting too

stevewool
24th December 2013, 21:34
well we went the world remit way, and i must say what a good service, straight forward sending the money using the internet and once it was sent i received a phone call from them, just to confirm it was me who had sent it, then i received a email saying the funds has been received at the other end, so i will be using them again :xxgrinning--00xx3: