PDA

View Full Version : School introduces two-week October half-term so pupils can visit Pakistan

Dedworth
3rd January 2014, 15:47
School where 85% of pupils are Asian gives children a two-week October half-term so they can visit Pakistan with their families

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533095/School-85-pupils-Asian-gives-children-two-week-October-half-term-visit-Pakistan-families.html#ixzz2pLYdo0aa

Disgraceful - and this is a Church of England School.

It's in Jack Straws neck of the woods where kowtowing to the ethnic majority is compulsory policy

Ako Si Jamie
26th October 2014, 14:26
I don't see the problem.

So long as they buy a one-way ticket. :biggrin:

SimonH
26th October 2014, 14:29
Holy thread resurrection Batman :icon_lol:

joebloggs
26th October 2014, 14:38
Good idea, school holidays need breaking up, beat the airlines and travel agents ripping people off when it comes to school holidays :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
26th October 2014, 21:34
October will now become the wedding month in Pakistan.:wink:

Ako Si Jamie
26th October 2014, 23:39
good idea, school holidays need breaking up, beat the airlines and travel agents ripping people off when it comes to school holidays :xxgrinning--00xx3:Then they'll start ripping people off in October too.

joebloggs
26th October 2014, 23:56
Then they'll start ripping people off in October too.

I had the same problem a couple of years ago. Wrote a letter to little Joe's primary school headmistress asking for permission to take him out of school for 11 days before the Easter holidays so he could go to the Philippines for 3 wks to see his family he had never seen before. She granted us 10 days.

Same letter and reasons for our daughter who's at secondary school, saying she had not seen her family for more than 7 yrs and my wife could only take time off then. We sent the letter 2 wks before we left, never got a reply b4 we went. When we got back, there was a letter refusing her permission and threatening us with a fine. :NoNo:

Arthur Little
27th October 2014, 00:25
Good idea, school holidays need breaking up, beat the airlines and travel agents ripping people off when it comes to school holidays :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:gp:, Joe ... :yeahthat:'s how schools already operate in Scotland.

Mind you ... :anerikke: ... they start the new session in mid-August after the summer break.

Ako Si Jamie
27th October 2014, 00:57
I had the same problem a couple of years ago. Wrote a letter to little Joe's primary school headmistress asking for permission to take him out of school for 11 days before the Easter holidays so he could go to the Philippines for 3 wks to see his family he had never seen before. She granted us 10 days,

Same letter and reasons for our daughter who's at secondary school, saying she had not seen her family for more than 7 yrs and my wife could only take time off then. We sent the letter 2 wks before we left, never got a reply b4 we went. When we got back, there was a letter refusing her permission and threatening us with a fine. :NoNo:

These teachers aren't bothered about the kids when they want to strike but it's a different story if the parents dare take them out of school for a holiday. :thumbsdown:

Abigail
27th October 2014, 12:35
Kids have normally had two weeks in October here in Scotland

Dedworth
27th October 2014, 12:52
I had the same problem a couple of years ago. Wrote a letter to little Joe's primary school headmistress asking for permission to take him out of school for 11 days before the Easter holidays so he could go to the Philippines for 3 wks to see his family he had never seen before. She granted us 10 days.

It would all have been OK if it had been one of your Multicultural neighbours, one rule for us another for them :smile:

imagine
27th October 2014, 15:06
I don't see the problem.

So long as they buy a one-way ticket. :biggrin:

:gp: ... :iagree:

Arthur Little
27th October 2014, 15:46
Kids have normally had two weeks in October here in Scotland

:poke: ... still do, Abigail ... see #8. :smile:

Dedworth
27th October 2014, 16:43
I don't see the problem.