PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

shaun1962
5th January 2014, 11:44
Hello everybody,

My name is Shaun and I am from and living in Plymouth, Devon. I have just got back home from teaching English in Saudi Arabia. I will be continuing with teaching and enjoying the rain.:Hellooo:

Rosie1958
5th January 2014, 11:46
Hi Shaun ............ welcome to the forum :Hellooo: what brings you here?

shaun1962
5th January 2014, 11:52
I want to get to know new people and maybe offer up English Language teaching if people want any lessons

shaun1962
5th January 2014, 11:54
Where do you live Rosie, what area of the UK? What is your profession?:Wave:

shaun1962
5th January 2014, 12:36
Hi Rosie,
I hope you got my last mesages, I really want to get to talk with new friends and learn about new cultures :Hellooo:

Rosie1958
6th January 2014, 00:03
Hi Shaun ....... I live in Cambridgeshire and I am chief cook and bottle washer! :smile: I find new cultures fascinating too but you might learn more from a Filipino here, I'm British! :biggrin:

shaun1962
6th January 2014, 08:27
Hi Rosie,

Thank you for your reply, i'm hoping to meet some new freinds on this site, it doesn't matter that your British, its just nice to get to know people from all over. Cambridge is a nice area, have you lived there all your life?:Hellooo:

purple
6th January 2014, 10:38
hello Shaun and welcome to the forum..

just stick around and you might find some students here who wish to improve their English, specially those ones who are going to take the tests for residency and citizenship.

Arthur Little
6th January 2014, 16:57
I want to get to know new people and maybe offer up English Language teaching if people want any lessons

:yeahthat: certainly seems a generous gesture, Shaun ... albeit one thing you'll soon discover on this site is that most of our Filipino members are already at least as competent in their English Language skills as many native Brits. :wink:

shaun1962
6th January 2014, 17:36
That I can appreciate and understand, as I have just spent the last twelve months in Saudi Arabia teaching many filipino students, and very much enjoyed it. Especially as it wasn't just foundation or basic, but Business and Higher level. But I do agree, there are many competent speakers out there. Besides, making new friends is a good way of networking. Thanks for your input Arthur:thankyou:

shaun1962
6th January 2014, 17:37
Thank you Purple, that is a great help. Its very helpful, and nice to hear from you.:Hellooo:

Rosie1958
7th January 2014, 01:21
Hi Rosie,

Thank you for your reply, i'm hoping to meet some new freinds on this site, it doesn't matter that your British, its just nice to get to know people from all over. Cambridge is a nice area, have you lived there all your life?:Hellooo:

Hi Shaun

I agree it is nice to make new friends from all walks of life as well as having a bit of "new blood" in the forum. In answer to your question, I have been fortunate to have lived in four different countries and visited numerous others :smile:

Please do feel free to post/ add your thoughts etc. in the main forum topics, it's always good to have fresh views :xxgrinning--00xx3: