PDA

View Full Version : Brrrrrrr!

jake
20th January 2014, 08:42
Baguio temperature dips to 8.1 degrees Celsius

The temperature in Baguio City dropped to 8.1 degrees Celsius on Sunday, the lowest so far this month, according to Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA).

PAGASA weather forecaster Buddy Javier said the drop in temperature was recorded around 5:10 a.m.

He added that Sunday’s temperature was lower compared to the 9.6 degrees Celsius in Baguio City on January 12.

Javier attributed the drop in the temperature to the effects of the northeast monsoon.

The northeast monsoon usually peaks from early January to mid-February. “So, the public should expect chillier mornings in the coming weeks,” he said.

In Metro Manila, Javier said that the coldest temperature for this month was recorded on Saturday when temperature dropped at 17.5 degrees.

He noted the temperature for Metro Manila on Sunday is 20.0 degrees celsius at 5 a.m.

Based on the PAGASA’s climatological record, the coldest temperature recorded in Baguio was at 6.3 degrees Celsius on January 18, 1961, while Metro Manila experienced its coldest days on Feb. 4, 1987 and Dec. 30, 1988 at 15.1 degrees Celsius.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

It was 13 degrees here this morning :freezin:
My wife has been going to bed with thick socks and a fleece jacket.

stevewool
20th January 2014, 08:55
-1 here this morning and first day back at work since xmas, :yikes: a shock to the system

KeithD
20th January 2014, 10:41
My nappy keeps me nice and warm :smile:

Dedworth
20th January 2014, 13:35
minus 2 c here this morning - permafrost on the windscreen

Terpe
20th January 2014, 16:46
Yep, :censored:
Windscreen scraper this morning :censored:

Hate this horrible dark grey damp cold miserable weather :censored:

Longweekend