PDA

View Full Version : UK weather: More rain hits already flooded areas

Terpe
26th January 2014, 16:11
Heavy rain has swept across western parts of the UK, bringing a further risk of flooding to some areas left struggling after recent storms.

Source:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25898521

Terpe
26th January 2014, 16:15
I got well and truly caught out in one of the most scary lightening and hail storms I've experienced here.
Hailstones looked about the size of grapes.....and hurt.

Got completely wet through and cold.
Miserable :censored: weather.

stevewool
26th January 2014, 16:24
Wow, just goes to show, it can happen anywhere anytime too,
When i keep onto Ems about moving to Bohol she keeps on saying its not safe, but look around you where is safe anymore

Terpe
26th January 2014, 16:36
Wow, just goes to show, it can happen anywhere anytime too,
When i keep onto Ems about moving to Bohol she keeps on saying its not safe , but look around you where is safe anymore

Our local weather has been a disaster....really miserable.
My wife reckons it's causing her stress :doh
She wants to move to better weather.

Funny really.....it's reported that crime is decreasing here.....but looking to our local newspaper and local radio it seems to be getting worse.
Now my wife is saying it's not safe here and wants to move somewhere else.

The Isle of Wight has been mentioned along with the Isle of Man :Cuckoo:

I've mentioned the Isle of Bohol and the the Isle of Samal .........she's checking on the internet right now.:Erm:

stevewool
26th January 2014, 16:40
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:, dont go to the Isle of Man , remeber who lives there, :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:, there is going to be only 1 place we move to and thats the phils, just keep putting the cash away, so far so good and we are on target still :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
26th January 2014, 16:43
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:, dont go to the Isle of Man , remeber who lives there, :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:,

:laugher::laugher::laugher:

Arthur Little
26th January 2014, 23:03
Chaps ... :iagree: the weather here recently - especially in South West England - leaves a lot to be desired.

Damned sight LESS safe in the Philippines, of late, however.

:yeahthat:'s why Myrna's in no hurry to go back there anytime soon for an [overdue] visit ... :anerikke: ... as we'd previously planned!