PDA

View Full Version : renting out your home

stevewool
30th January 2014, 18:18
Well i have had a shock today ,
You all know about the people next door who moved out, well the mess they have left in the garden is really bad, but in the alley way there is a bed and a bike left too,
So i rang the agent who let the house out complaining about these items in the ally way and saying i cant get pasted them, anyway i got the phone call later saying they have informed the owners as its down to them to clean the mess up,
I thought it would be down to the letting agent to get this cleaned up or them to chase the people who done this

lordna
30th January 2014, 21:25
I wonder if you could get someone to clean it up and send the bill to the agent? They are the ones managing (or mismanaging) the property.

Dedworth
30th January 2014, 21:28
It depends on the terms of the contract between owner and lettings cowboy - at the end of the day if the agent doesn't clear it then ultimate responsibility is with the owner

stevewool
30th January 2014, 21:33
you learn something every day, i have a little rubbish in my shed i might throw that in their garden too :biggrin::biggrin:

Dedworth
30th January 2014, 21:40
you learn something every day, i have a little rubbish in my shed i might throw that in there garden too:biggrin::biggrin:

That sounds like a sound move Steve :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
31st January 2014, 09:47
you learn something every day, i have a little rubbish in my shed i might throw that in their garden too :biggrin::biggrin:

Good one Steve!:laugher::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rory
31st January 2014, 10:32
Letting Agents........ :Brick: I have paid up to 13% for fully managed property that i have own in the past and it would have been less hassle if i had done all the paperwork and vetting myself. I have no confidence in them at all.
The only way to get bad tenants out is to give them a good reference so some poor soul gets them..... and the cycle of a bad tenant and easy money for agents goes around.

Manage it all yourself and have a shot gun on view in the corner when you interview them. :biggrin:

SimonH
31st January 2014, 12:36
Well i have had a shock today ,
You all know about the people next door who moved out, well the mess they have left in the garden is really bad, but in the alley way there is a bed and a bike left too,
So i rang the agent who let the house out complaining about these items in the ally way and saying i cant get pasted them, anyway i got the phone call later saying they have informed the owners as its down to them to clean the mess up,
I thought it would be down to the letting agent to get this cleaned up or them to chase the people who done this

Ring them back and tell them it's not only a fire hazard but a health and safety issue as it may encourage rats, and if they haven't got it shifted within 3 days then you'll report it to the council :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

bigmarco
31st January 2014, 13:07
Letting Agents, Insurance Brokers, Financial Advisers and Immigration Advisers 90% of them are a waste of space.

stevewool
31st January 2014, 18:27
its put me off buying another place to rent out,