PDA

View Full Version : flipping blo-----y tooth

stevewool
31st January 2014, 18:12
Yes its happened again my tooth has broken, snapped , what ever you want to call it but its fell of the plate,
It happened this morning i just bit into a biscuit and i felt it break, this cant be right just over 13 months i have had it a denture with 1 tooth attached and the tooth has broken off,
I am at the dentist monday to see what he can do, i dont think anything other then say you have to have a new denture and here is the bill,, shall i fix it with some glue or just go toothless from now on and never smile again

Arthur Little
31st January 2014, 18:46
i dont think anything other then say you have to have a new denture and here is the bill, shall i fix it with some glue or just go toothless from now on and never smile again

:nono-1-1:, Steve ... ALL dentists - NHS & Private - have access to local *dental mechanics *who'll fix your denture FREE of charge! :biggrin:

Dedworth
31st January 2014, 18:49
Nice :censored: start to the weekend

stevewool
31st January 2014, 18:54
are you sure Arthur ?????

Arthur Little
31st January 2014, 18:58
are you sure Arthur ?????

Pretty sure ... :anerikke: ... they certainly used to, a few years ago.

marksroomspain
31st January 2014, 19:33
Sorry to be a burden of bad news Steve as I found out myself, a similar thing happened to me I had a maryland bridge fitted at a cost of £550 just over 2 years ago, after 13 months one tooth cracked, I was told by my dentist that if it had happened in the first 12 months it would of been replaced free of charge then the bill for repair £230 :yikes:

marksroomspain
31st January 2014, 19:35
Another thing I have learnt since then is that there are places that actually repair them Steve my thinking a lot cheaper than a dentist

Arthur Little
31st January 2014, 19:45
Sorry to be a burden of bad news Steve as I found out myself, a similar thing happened to me I had a maryland bridge fitted at a cost of £550 just over 2 years ago, after 13 months one tooth cracked, I was told by my dentist that if it had happened in the first 12 months it would of been replaced free of charge then the bill for repair £230 :yikes:

........... :omg:!

OK :cwm24: ... now I've recovered from Mark's shocking "revelation": :yikes:!

:icon_sorry:, Steve ... if you'd been lulled into a false sense of *security (*s'cuse pun!) by my previous reply. Seems - from what Mark says - "sticking" a single [detached] tooth onto a dental plate is a trickier procedure than mending the **whole plastic plate with a partial set of dentures intact ... **which is what I'd had done free gratis, several times in the past. :wink:

stevewool
31st January 2014, 20:21
Another thing I have learnt since then is that there are places that actually repair them Steve my thinking a lot cheaper than a dentist

yes i think so too,

Michael Parnham
31st January 2014, 21:20
Book yourself in Charles Clifford University Dental Hospital Sheffield they will do a great job and it's all FREE! :xxgrinning--00xx3: