PDA

View Full Version : Britains most married man

lordna
6th February 2014, 11:36
After eight marriages, 65-year old Sheppard vows he will not walk down the aisle again because he found true love in wife number 8, a Filipina named Weng.

He gained notoriety because of the number of times he has married and earned the title "Britain's most married man'. He matches the record of British movie icon Elizabeth Taylor. This title has given him a lot of publicity, some of them unwanted.

"I wish I didn't have the title but I have the title so I have to put up with it I'm afraid," Sheppard told ABS-CBN Europe.

He first married in 1966 at the age of 18 and didn’t stop looking for ‘the one’ when his relationships fell apart.

"I still believe that marriage should be for life. I really do, it's just that I didn't find the right person in the first place," he said.

The father of eight who has 13 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren almost gave up on finding the right one for him after the breakdown of his seventh marriage.

After failing the seventh time, he only wanted a companion but his love story panned out differently when he met wife number eight.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/02/05/14/meet-britains-most-married-man-and-pinay-who-tamed-him

Trefor
6th February 2014, 13:26
His track record doesn't give me confidence...

Arthur Little
6th February 2014, 16:07
Hmm :icon_rolleyes: ... "glutton for punishment", I'd say ...

... "Ron the thrawn"! :doh

Arthur Little
6th February 2014, 16:15
His track record doesn't give me confidence...

........................... :iagree: !

:cwm24: ... wonder what went wrong with his seven previous marriages. :Erm:

Arthur Little
6th February 2014, 16:39
Yes ... I seem to recollect replying to a thread about this "serial nuptialist" around the time the article first appeared in the press.

... :yeahthat:'s right; it had been raised by 'Irishman' and was entitled: Eighth Time Lucky. :smile:

:anerikke: ... let's hope so!

Longweekend
6th February 2014, 17:35
According to the write up they have already been married for 10 years....

This year, Ron and Weng are celebrating their 10 years together as a married couple and once again attracted media attention because of the release of Ron Sheppard’s book “Lord of the Wedding Rings.