PDA

View Full Version : FLR question....help needed please

Leen
8th February 2014, 18:44
Been awhile never posted anything here due to work but I read post every now and then.i know it's still quite early to ask this questions but I just want to prepare.my visa was granted Aug.15,2012 and arrived here in UK Sept 27,2012 so I reckon I will apply for my FLR(M) I guess somewhere in March 2015?do I still have to take English exam again?thanx a lot:smile:

Terpe
9th February 2014, 00:24
Been awhile never posted anything here due to work but I read post every now and then.i know it's still quite early to ask this questions but I just want to prepare.my visa was granted Aug.15,2012 and arrived here in UK Sept 27,2012 so I reckon I will apply for my FLR(M) I guess somewhere in March 2015?do I still have to take English exam again?thanx a lot:smile:

Are you under the 'old rules' (visa application submitted before 9 July 2012)?
or
new rules (Visa application submitted after 9 July 2012?

Under 'old rules' you can apply for ILR 28 days before your 24 months anniversary living in UK as spouse (and before current visa expiry.

Under 'new rules' you apply for FLR(M) shortly before 30 months living in UK as a spouse.
You'll then be granted a second period of 30 months provided you still meet all the requirements (including Financial Requirement)

For ILR you need a pass certificate for Life in UK Test and a passing grade of B1 at English Language.

For FLR(M) you just need A1 pass from the current UKBA approved listing

When does your visa expire?

sheldon1
9th February 2014, 00:45
Most interesting. Terpe my wife arrived here end of March 2013, Visa granted March 1 2013. When would she have to apply for FLR?. She has already taken A1 test. What is the next step please.? Does she need to take the B1 before FLR?

Regards
Sheldon

Terpe
9th February 2014, 10:53
Most interesting. Terpe my wife arrived here end of March 2013, Visa granted March 1 2013. When would she have to apply for FLR?. She has already taken A1 test. What is the next step please.? Does she need to take the B1 before FLR?

Regards
Sheldon

I'm guessing that your wife was granted an entry visa (as spouse) valid for 33 months ??
If so, she may apply for FLR(M) 28 days before reaching her 30 month anniversary living in UK as spouse. She'll then be granted further leave to remain for 30 months.

She does not need a B1 level English Language Test for FLR.
The B1 level is needed for ILR and Naturalisation only.

Sheldon, I'd suggest reviewing the FLR(M) application form to have a better understanding of the requirements and to give you both more time to put together a 'file' of supporting evidential documents based on current rules.

Leen
9th February 2014, 16:44
Are you under the 'old rules' (visa application submitted before 9 July 2012)?
or
new rules (Visa application submitted after 9 July 2012?

Under 'old rules' you can apply for ILR 28 days before your 24 months anniversary living in UK as spouse (and before current visa expiry.

Under 'new rules' you apply for FLR(M) shortly before 30 months living in UK as a spouse.
You'll then be granted a second period of 30 months provided you still meet all the requirements (including Financial Requirement)

For ILR you need a pass certificate for Life in UK Test and a passing grade of B1 at English Language.

For FLR(M) you just need A1 pass from the current UKBA approved listing

When does your visa expire?

Thanx for the reply Terpe,unfortunately my visa is under the new rules and it will expire on May 15,2015.can I still submit my old exam result coz I get B1 anyway or do I have to take a new one coz it's expired?by the way I can apply between them 28 days before my visa expire right and not beyond that time?thank you so much for the help again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
9th February 2014, 18:06
Thanx for the reply Terpe,unfortunately my visa is under the new rules and it will expire on May 15,2015.can I still submit my old exam result coz I get B1 anyway or do I have to take a new one coz it's expired?by the way I can apply between them 28 days before my visa expire right and not beyond that time?thank you so much for the help again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You will still be allowed to submit your B1 pass certificate even it has expired....provided that the specific test is still listed on the UKBA approved listing. So the good news is that you'll not be expected to go through the process of taking a test again.

You can apply for the second FLR(M) shortly before the 30 month anniversary living in UK as spouse. Your initial visa was valid for 33 months, so the eligible period varies according to your arrival date and not to the Visa expiry date.
Technically you may submit FLR application anytime between then and visa expiry

Leen
9th February 2014, 18:51
You will still be allowed to submit your B1 pass certificate even it has expired....provided that the specific test is still listed on the UKBA approved listing. So the good news is that you'll not be expected to go through the process of taking a test again.

You can apply for the second FLR(M) shortly before the 30 month anniversary living in UK as spouse. Your initial visa was valid for 33 months, so the eligible period varies according to your arrival date and not to the Visa expiry date.
Technically you may submit FLR application anytime between then and visa expiry

Loads of thanx Terpe,i took TOEIC at Hopkins in Manila but Im not sure if they are still part of UKBA approved testing centers.forgive me but just want to clarify something....I arrived here Sept.27,2012 based in our calculations I will apply for my FLR(M) between March 1-27,2015 is this correct?just getting crazy here....

Terpe
9th February 2014, 21:37
Loads of thanx Terpe,i took TOEIC at Hopkins in Manila but Im not sure if they are still part of UKBA approved testing centers.forgive me but just want to clarify something....I arrived here Sept.27,2012 based in our calculations I will apply for my FLR(M) between March 1-27,2015 is this correct?just getting crazy here....

The earliest you can apply will be 28 days before the 30 months so March 2nd 2015 (Feb 28 and March 1 fall at the weekend) the latest you can apply is May 14th 2015 (visa expiry.....please don't leave it so long though....too risky)

Hope that 'uncrazy's' you :icon_lol:

Leen
10th February 2014, 06:14
The earliest you can apply will be 28 days before the 30 months so March 2nd 2015 (Feb 28 and March 1 fall at the weekend) the latest you can apply is May 14th 2015 (visa expiry.....please don't leave it so long though....too risky)

Hope that 'uncrazy's' you :icon_lol:

That clarifies everything Terpe ,thank you so much,you've been a great help to us ever since we started our journey and hope you don't get tired in helping us who needed your advice.your a star :xxgrinning--00xx3::biggrin:

sheldon1
10th February 2014, 08:05
Yes Terpe Thanks again. :xxgrinning--00xx3: