PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Visit Visa GRANTED!

captaincay
11th February 2014, 12:53
Hello Everyone! :Wave: I'm so happy! :biggrin::Jump:
Today I got my Marriage Visit Visa.
I applied on January 30 and got it today February 11.

I was really nervous when I received the email and text from VFS because I didn't get the (your visa will be dispatched shortly) so I thought I was refused.
But when I get my documents and passport at VFS my visa is there!!! SURprise!!! :hubbahubba: haha.

So, I want to return the favour and share my experience.

The documents that I submitted in Order:
1. My birth certificate
2. Copy of Sponsor's Passport (Old and New) because the other visa stamps when were together was in his old passport so we submitted both.
3. The Bank Certificate
4. Sponsorship Letter
5. My Cover Letter
6. His Certificate of Employment
7. Payslips and P60
8. Accommodation Letter from his Mom
9. Land Registry Certificate (got it online)
10. Annual Mortgage Statement
11. Inquiries in their local Registry Office (emails)
12. Submitted photos and receipts of my wedding dress and shoes
13. Cenomar
14. Flight Confirmations, Hotel bookings (2011-2013)
15. Chat transcripts (just a few lines every month)
16. Photos --with him, my family and his family.
(His parents went here last year-April and they also come on our last holiday-November)

Note: I submitted photocopies of everything except for photos and chat transcripts.
When I submitted my application the lady in the visa centre told me that I should have photocopies of the photos as well but she said its ok she will just transfer the photos in the photocopies. So when I got my documents back the photos and Chat transcripts are not here anymore.

VFS centre- you cannot bring cellphones and other electronic gadgets inside, so you will need to put your things in the cloaking area with a fee of 100 pesos and then SMS fee of 110 Pesos and another 300 if you want the documents to be delivered. I didn't opt for the courier because I'm from Makati so it's cheaper to pick it up and of course it is faster.

On my financial side: I don't have a work, I don't have savings, as well, but I have a car (but didn't declare it hahah). I just stated that my parents are supporting me.

I will be glad to help, so feel free to ask :)

Sent from my iPad

Drewturner
11th February 2014, 13:16
Congrats!!!

bigmac
11th February 2014, 13:43
congratulations!

but--confusion reigns---just what sort of visa did you get ?

is it a visa to visit the UK--to get married--then return home--?

or a fiancee visa--to marry here and settle here ?

marga
11th February 2014, 13:44
Congratulations!
I am still waiting for my spouse visa app result.May i ask, Did you go pick up your docs and passport at once, or you waited for 3 days?
Thanks

Michael Parnham
11th February 2014, 14:16
Congratulations, good luck for the future!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

captaincay
11th February 2014, 14:33
Bigmac-- It's a visit for marriage visa. Yes, get married then return home :)

captaincay
11th February 2014, 14:35
Yes, docs and passport at once. It was sealed in a plastic bag. They texted me yesterday then I got it today. I think it's the courier that u need to wait for 3days. :)

captaincay
11th February 2014, 14:36
Thank you Drewturner and Michael Parnham :Wave:

Arthur Little
11th February 2014, 15:09

Congratulations and very well done on successfully securing a special category of visa ... which I've seldom come across - other than being under the impression it can be something of a "lottery" to obtain - to be honest! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
11th February 2014, 15:19
Congrats! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
11th February 2014, 15:34

1. My birth certificate
2. Copy of Sponsor's Passport (Old and New) because the other visa stamps when were together was in his old passport so we submitted both.
3. The Bank Certificate
4. Sponsorship Letter
5. My Cover Letter
7. Payslips and P60
13. Cenomar
(His parents went here last year-April and they also come on our last holiday-November)

Note: I submitted photocopies of everything except for photos and chat transcripts.
When I submitted my application the lady in the visa centre told me that I should have photocopies of the photos as well but she said its ok she will just transfer the photos in the photocopies. So when I got my documents back the photos and Chat transcripts are not here anymore.

VFS centre- you cannot bring cellphones and other electronic gadgets inside, so you will need to put your things in the cloaking area with a fee of 100 pesos and then SMS fee of 110 Pesos and another 300 if you want the documents to be delivered. I didn't opt for the courier because I'm from Makati so it's cheaper to pick it up and of course it is faster.

On my financial side: I don't have a work, I don't have savings, as well, but I have a car (but didn't declare it hahah). I just stated that my parents are supporting me.

..................... :yeahthat: too, is very well explained and extremely helpful for others who decide to follow in your footsteps ... :thankyou:

captaincay
11th February 2014, 15:38
Congratulations and very well done on successfully securing a special category of visa ... which I've seldom come across - other than being under the impression it can be something of a "lottery" to obtain - to be honest! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
That is so true Sir Arthur, it was a bit hard to collect info about this kind of visa. Really a lottery :icon_sorry: so I really want to share this so I can help others. :smile:

captaincay
11th February 2014, 15:39
Congrats! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thanks Rayna! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

blessed_ekim0826
11th February 2014, 16:10
Wow lucky girl!!!! Congrats!!!!

bigmac
11th February 2014, 17:37
so--where are you both planning to live ?

captaincay
11th February 2014, 18:11
Wow lucky girl!!!! Congrats!!!!
Lucky Indeed :xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks

captaincay
11th February 2014, 18:14
so--where are you both planning to live ?

We're still thinking of it, he was keen on Britain before but after 2 holidays in Boracay some things change... My fiancé and his dad fell in love with boracay to the point that they want to settle there. Hahaha. :biggrin: we will decide after our marriage and hopefully the financial requirement is settled by then. :Erm:

bigmac
11th February 2014, 19:09
oh--you mean the finacial requirement to sponsor you to come to the UK as a spouse--at a future date--?

is there a significant shortfall at the moment ?

Terpe
11th February 2014, 20:16
I applied on January 30 and got it today February 11....

Well done and congratulations to both...:Jump:

captaincay
11th February 2014, 21:25
oh--you mean the finacial requirement to sponsor you to come to the UK as a spouse--at a future date--?

is there a significant shortfall at the moment ? yes that one Bigmac.. I think we're ok with the shortfall. we were short by £400, I think, but that was a year ago. Didn't compute it now as we applied for a different visa.

captaincay
11th February 2014, 21:26
Well done and congratulations to both...:Jump:

Thanks Sir Peter! :smile: you're a great help to everyone!

Jentobeharrison
22nd February 2014, 06:24

I was really nervous when I received the email and text from VFS because I didn't get the (your visa will be dispatched shortly) so I thought I was refused.
But when I get my documents and passport at VFS my visa is there!!! SURprise!!! :hubbahubba: haha.

1. My birth certificate
3. The Bank Certificate
4. Sponsorship Letter
5. My Cover Letter
7. Payslips and P60
13. Cenomar

Sent from my iPad

Hey, congratulations! That's so fortunate. I was refused in marriage visitor visa as they were not convinced that I will go back here in the Philippines main reason is I don't have savings, properties or anything. But I have a job, a stable job where I have been working for 2 years and 5 months, also sent them my manager's letter aside from my company's and they still refuse it wowza. Hahaha I am so happy for you though!

captaincay
23rd February 2014, 22:31
Hey, congratulations! That's so fortunate. I was refused in marriage visitor visa as they were not convinced that I will go back here in the Philippines main reason is I don't have savings, properties or anything. But I have a job, a stable job where I have been working for 2 years and 5 months, also sent them my manager's letter aside from my company's and they still refuse it wowza. Hahaha I am so happy for you though!

Hi :Wave: thank you!
I'm sure it's a case to case basis, I don't have a savings, job and property too.. But I have travels abroad with my family and my fiancé, that might be one of the reason why I got the visa. :smile:
I'm sure u'll get your fiancée visa soon though :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
24th February 2014, 18:40
yes that one Bigmac.. I think we're ok with the shortfall. we were short by £400, I think, but that was a year ago. Didn't compute it now as we applied for a different visa.

:cwm24: ... only £400 short? Wow ... so near - yet so far - eh ! Still ... :anerikke: ... you did very well with the alternative visa - as I mentioned a week ago. Now, it's a case of preparing for your forthcoming :wedtoss: while making sure your soon-to-be husband [and sponsor] lays aside sufficient funding to enable you to eventually apply for settlement from the *Philippines ... :anerikke: ... unless you BOTH choose to live *there. :smile:

captaincay
24th February 2014, 20:57
Yes, indeed Sir Arthur :NoNo:
But we never lose hope, he visited me with his parents on those times so I never felt there's a need to rush things if we can't do it yet.

Will plan settlement after our wedding :heartshape1: can't wait to see him soon.